+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: MM/Sin anyone?

Default MM/Sin anyone?

Thinking of changing up my MM/Sin spec, anyone still use one?
    (I'm not interested in a fotm spec or ranger)
    Orchide (Kelari) | eXile Corp (Rocket Science) | Assassin/Marksman
    Level: 60 (R80) | Server: Zaviel

I don't really get what you mean with mm/sin or do you mean like 51mm with sin as subsoul?
    Digital - The Rift Walkers
    Icewatch
    4/4 TotDQ - 1/4 FT

Default my MM/SIN

I'm guessing the OP is asking for a build purely for pvp; where the rogue enjoys stealth from sin and what is left from mm. I've got one that I've been having fun with since I came back that is 40mm/22sin at the ripe lvl of 52 currently. I avoid channel and cast time abilities, and have put a point into foul play for when players get too close. Is this the kind of build the OP is looking for? Not sure!

Cheers!

~Marnos

Quote Originally Posted by Marnos View Post
    I'm guessing the OP is asking for a build purely for pvp; where the rogue enjoys stealth from sin and what is left from mm. I've got one that I've been having fun with since I came back that is 40mm/22sin at the ripe lvl of 52 currently. I avoid channel and cast time abilities, and have put a point into foul play for when players get too close. Is this the kind of build the OP is looking for? Not sure!

Cheers!

~Marnos
    Yes this is what I mean, I thought people would have remembered the famous 44mm 22sin from back in the day but since beta ive got a bit bored with it and hoped someone had an alternative, ranged of course.
    I've made a 40mm/32sin/4rs its ok but needs tweaking.
    I like the idea of it being very mobile, alot of burst and stealth of couse, stuns, roots etc
    For the record I parsed 4.3k burst from the 44mm 22sin and 5.3k from 40mm/32sin/5rs - Didnt have the point in vampric, is it neccessary?
    Last edited by iHunii; 12-02-2012 at 09:17 AM.

Is saying you don't want a fotm spec without defining it the Rift way to be a Hipster? Don't say something so ignorant and dumb. Fotm spec is what cry babies call any spec that kills them until they see it nerfed, otherwise they just call it broken fotm. That term is for scum.

If you want a MM that doesn't blow, spec it 61. If you want a sub-par MM, mix it with a lot of sin.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Vamp is awful. If you use it in pvp you are bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    Is saying you don't want a fotm spec without defining it the Rift way to be a Hipster? Don't say something so ignorant and dumb. Fotm spec is what cry babies call any spec that kills them until they see it nerfed, otherwise they just call it broken fotm. That term is for scum.

If you want a MM that doesn't blow, spec it 61. If you want a sub-par MM, mix it with a lot of sin.

Someones mad, all I did was ask for help on a spec. And 9/10 fotm specs are OP .. thats kinda why they're fotm.
    And I don't mind being called a hipster, I like the vintage look ;)
    Last edited by iHunii; 12-02-2012 at 12:22 PM.

aah if it's about pvp i can't help since i'm the biggest pvp baddie around

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post

I think she just meant that she wants to play something that suits her playstyle and not something that just gets played a lot because it's (close to) the best
    Icewatch
    4/4 TotDQ - 1/4 FT

been thinking a bit on a build and maybe smth like this would work?
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#t8g/AkEllkCllUw/ykw4

or it could be terrible i wouldnt know rly (:
    Icewatch
    4/4 TotDQ - 1/4 FT

If you're bent on deep sin. you might as well pick up blinding and kick and have @mouseoverui for them.

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#t/AkGliExlgy/ykzkEaw

Something like this would probably be decent. High enough into MM for your burst and ranged, high enough into sin for perm stealth and the ability to open from it.

You can swap out RS for BD if you prefer SS over SS (lol Sidesteps over Shadow Stalk) but since MM is allll about getting the heck outta dodge and fast, I usually prefer RS.

Too bad VM has been nerfed so hard into the ground it's not worth the point investiture I used to rip apart heals with that. So useful to help the team. =/

And yes, I do remember the 44mm/22sin spec. Used to champion it so much till /22ran came along with crystal. :P

Im sure if Charlice is hiding on these boards she'd remember it too.... *BOO!*
    60Rog/PR64 - Cleared - FT | EE
    1-button TOTALLY AFK Rogue and Cheerleader for Blitz!

Plane Touched

Just saying, you'll not be happy with that build...
    Both 61MM and 40NB/36RS (or any other combination of NB/RS) are more efficient, have more burst and probably more mobility. 61MM isn't even missing the stealth, just opening from it is useless =)

Getting back to the topic though, specs that are not "fotm" as you like to call it, simply have limited damage output compared to others and since pvp atm is only about dealing more damage faster don't limit yourself with a "vintage xoxo" spec simply for that reason. Get out there, play something new and kick *** with it!

Quote Originally Posted by Digitai View Post
    been thinking a bit on a build and maybe smth like this would work?
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#t8g/AkEllkCllUw/ykw4

or it could be terrible i wouldnt know rly (:
    Thanks but I really look for sin for the stealth

Quote Originally Posted by Terrordar View Post
    Just saying, you'll not be happy with that build...
    Both 61MM and 40NB/36RS (or any other combination of NB/RS) are more efficient, have more burst and probably more mobility. 61MM isn't even missing the stealth, just opening from it is useless =)

Getting back to the topic though, specs that are not "fotm" as you like to call it, simply have limited damage output compared to others and since pvp atm is only about dealing more damage faster don't limit yourself with a "vintage xoxo" spec simply for that reason. Get out there, play something new and kick *** with it!
    I've seen alot of people with that .. I'll give it a try - Maybe use this for warfronts and mm/sin for CQ Thanks

I'd start with this:

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#t/AkABl9ciEg/ykw44

Basicly stick with 51mm for silver tipped munitions and then go 21 assassin for permanent stealth. Then you have 4 points left to play with, you can use then on either the RS hp buff (and pick up the port), 4 tactician (curative engine), or put them all in mm with 0 RS. It's up to you. I think that's as good as it gets.

We've used a rogue in raids who goes 51mm-20sin-5nb for lethal, but if he uses silver tipped and electrified he can put out almost as much dps as 61mm, so 51mm-20sin shouldn't be terrible damage and might be the foundation for a good pvp spec.
    Last edited by Mayi; 12-04-2012 at 06:09 AM.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

A spec with slip away with MM would be pretty cool too:

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#t/AkAQki4G4/ykwBdagg

Imagine being chased and then slipping away as a MM, the thought of all the potential pvp tears makes me want to try it out. For some reason slip away always makes people rage, and when people rage in pvp you know you're on the right track.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast