+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: bard biffs getting over written again

Default bard biffs getting over written again

Okay...seems like it got broke. Last night warrior strength buff or cleric wis buff OR mage int buff were all overwriting and or blocking fanfare of power in raid. Can we PLEASE get this fixed again.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

Rift Master

I've been seeing this with the paragon strength buff since SL got released, and keep having to tell warriors to turn it off.

It could be an issue of different ranks of the ability, but IMO the priority should always be Fanfare of Power > anything that does not give all 4 stat buffs, regardless of rank. If they're all max rank there's no question.
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 11-29-2012 at 09:01 AM.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Galibier View Post
    Okay...seems like it got broke. Last night warrior strength buff or cleric wis buff OR mage int buff were all overwriting and or blocking fanfare of power in raid. Can we PLEASE get this fixed again.
    I think you're confused. As long as bard buffs stack with archon/bm then everything is good. Fanfares have never stacked with the standard class buffs. I didn't notice if they suddenly did that last patch, but they definitely shouldn't.
    Last edited by Dunharrow; 11-29-2012 at 10:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunharrow View Post
    I think you're confused. As long as bard buffs stack with archon/bm then everything is good. Fanfares have never stacked with the standard class buffs. I didn't notice if they suddenly did that last patch, but they definitely shouldn't.
    They shouldn't stack but the class buffs should not be overwriting Fanfare of Power, this has been an issue for a while but I thought it was fixed at some point

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    They shouldn't stack but the class buffs should not be overwriting Fanfare of Power, this has been an issue for a while but I thought it was fixed at some point
    Ah, I misunderstood the thread I guess then.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunharrow View Post
    No not stacking. Months ago they gave fanfares priority and over write the buffs. Now the fanfare will get blocked.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

Rift Master

Well, not blocked from casting, but blocked from taking effect. And this has nothing to do with the ranks. Same ranked Focus of Body vs. Fanfare of Power, body will win (although my experience was with both players having rank 6 {+60}. Haven't tested with rank 7 yet).

Fanfares overwritten again? Those butt-heads! Someone tell them to keep their damn hands off my buffs.

(See what I did there?)

I had a problem with motiif of regeneration dropping off inexplicably. I just started barding in SL and it was fine a week ago. However, now regeneration seems broke. I would see it just be gone while my other motifs were still up.

Anyone else seeing this problem?

Ill test it later tonight though if no one confirms it either way before i play tonight.

Rift Master

It'll happen if you have multiple bards in the group casting it.

Hmm I will need to test this. Was in an expert group with a bard who seemingly was not casting fanfare of power. I thought he was just being bad or absent minded, but come to think of it we may have had a warrior doing their paragon strength buff. Which means I got no dex from that and it artificially lowered rogue dps. I will retest next time I am in that situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Riftraf View Post
    I had a problem with motiif of regeneration dropping off inexplicably.
    Quote Originally Posted by Caldorian View Post
    It'll happen if you have multiple bards in the group casting it.
    This happens when there's a second bard without the improved version.
    Whenever I enter an invasion public group with another bard, and I see my motif dropping for no reason, I tell them to stop casting theirs if they want the group to keep Resonance.

No idea why the basic version gets priority over the improved one...

Quote Originally Posted by Ahielia View Post
    This happens when there's a second bard without the improved version.
    Whenever I enter an invasion public group with another bard, and I see my motif dropping for no reason, I tell them to stop casting theirs if they want the group to keep Resonance.

No idea why the basic version gets priority over the improved one...
    The non-improved version will not affect allies, so if they're casting that all they're doing is preventing themself from getting resonance

But yes make sure only one person in any group is casting Motifs in general for this reason

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    The non-improved version will not affect allies, so if they're casting that all they're doing is preventing themself from getting resonance
    The problem is that when they cast theirs unimproved version, the improved version disappears, from everyone else. Hence, the Resonance drops from everyone else.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast