+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What ever they did to bard, I LIKE IT

Rift Disciple

Default What ever they did to bard, I LIKE IT

So I queue up last night, and end up in the one of the new normals (in stormpeak forget the name) but as usual I end up as support and to tell you the truth even in the old world I sort of enjoyed barding. everything is going normally untill the boss in the library, the healer drops on the first blure ring. So I am there thinking ok, we have about 30 seconds till the wipe. But I was able to keep the tank up and the rest of the crew did the dance right, we had 3 book cases left when the boss dropped. Obviously the tank knew his business, but I did not think I could keep him up at all for any lenght of time.

The healer died early again and though I did loose the tank the group we did get the boss down.

Nice job Devs for smoothing out the play and making the soul both fun and useful

I have not really tried tactitian yet how does that one stack up as a support soul

Quote Originally Posted by Arril View Post
    So I queue up last night, and end up in the one of the new normals (in stormpeak forget the name) but as usual I end up as support and to tell you the truth even in the old world I sort of enjoyed barding. everything is going normally untill the boss in the library, the healer drops on the first blure ring. So I am there thinking ok, we have about 30 seconds till the wipe. But I was able to keep the tank up and the rest of the crew did the dance right, we had 3 book cases left when the boss dropped. Obviously the tank knew his business, but I did not think I could keep him up at all for any lenght of time.

The healer died early again and though I did loose the tank the group we did get the boss down.

Nice job Devs for smoothing out the play and making the soul both fun and useful

I have not really tried tactitian yet how does that one stack up as a support soul
    Yea they really have done a good job on bard, and I would like to point out that 52harb/16chloro our healer went down on that fight, slapped synth on the tank, was able to keep him up with radiant spores, withering vine, and insta nature's fury procs, with the occasional bloom.

I feel they have really done a good job giving the classes viable support options, I'm loving bard as well on freshly minted rogue, have played it through quite a few dungeons now and it just feels....better. Support souls actually feel like a true contribution to the party, especially since right now no one outgears the dungeons yet.

Good job on the new bard Trion!
    Leondria 60 P6x Mage

Soulwalker

I'm a MS bard and have been pleasantly surprised to be able to pull a group through after a healer death, even in experts. As far as Tact heals go..I find it gimicky. There are quite a few "heals everyone between you and your target" type abilities, which really seem nice, until you realize that in order for these to be effective, you have to always be behind your group..and if you need to spread out, forget it. However, that being said..15 Tact/61 Bard is amazing. You really aren't going to get anything except a buff and a nice AoE "totem" to use, but the .5% boost per point to heals, makes this the smartest choice to pair with bard. Yes you're going to lose some range and be stuck at 20m which sucks..but I'm finding that it isn't as bad as it seems. I've also built at 40 bard/ 36 tact spec for tooling around with. Seems to get the best of both without compromising range, as you get 30m with tact abilities..comes in very handy in some very specific fights.

+ Reply to Thread