+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bladedancer energy thing

Default Bladedancer energy thing

Okay I went to the dummies in Tempest Bay today and was energy starved with blade dancer...single target on a dummy. Did I miss a change in the notes. I haven't touched dummies in about 1.5 weeks because of work and leveling. Confused am I.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Galibier View Post
    Okay I went to the dummies in Tempest Bay today and was energy starved with blade dancer...single target on a dummy. Did I miss a change in the notes. I haven't touched dummies in about 1.5 weeks because of work and leveling. Confused am I.
    Just tried it, and I didn't have any starvation issues at all. Don't think I ever even got below 70 energy.

What rotation were you using?

Yeah I must have been bugged. I was ffed the first time but I swapped specs and then went again and no issues. Still need to figure out what I am doing wrong though because I get more ST dps out of 61 NB than I do 51 Bladedancer. wondering if it my dance rotation doing...

B&SP
    Dualism
    Fated Blades
    Double coup
    Last edited by Galibier; 11-26-2012 at 08:41 PM.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

Dance order doesn't matter a whole lot, as long as you lead off with BaSP.

What's your rotation during Dualism?

Also, BD just doesn't parse well on dummies. With low amounts of crit, Bladedancer doesn't get the full benefit of Duelist Pose because the stacks fall off constantly (not to mention Hack and Slash and Magnify Pain). With raid buffs (and better gear), you'll see significantly better uptime.
    Last edited by Muspel; 11-26-2012 at 09:32 PM.

The "usual" just quick and keen. The difference isn't that big, maybe 100 dps. I do something different than many of the NB guides though. Unless for some reason I have excess energy (VoJ, energy pots etc) I do NOT worry about keeping the emptiness buff up.

I have found that actually letting it wear off is a dps gain. Due to energy issues you can only pop Dusk Strike once every 5-6 GCD's without clover/fervor. With energy u are usually stuck at 5 GCDs BUT can squeek in 2about 25% of the time. However if you let it wear off you can spam emptiness for a full 5 gcds.

Since each one is 10% harder hitting over the corse of a parse you will do more dps this way than you will will just using it once every 5-6 GCDs. If the buff applied to all attacks and Dusk strike was just the delivery system of course this would be different. However since it only applies to Dusk Strike it is a dps gain which I don't think a lot of people are using because most guides either focus on keeping stacks OR just not worrying about it at all.

+ Reply to Thread