+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Old player looking for leveling build!

Soulwalker

Default Old player looking for leveling build!

I played Rift back when it first came out and in beta. Stopped though as i was getting pretty bored. I got my Rogue to level 33 when i quit. Now a couple of my friends started playing again, so i was wondering what would be a great build? I dont really know any changes as to the rogue class since i've played. If anyone could link a guide or anything that could help thats current, it would be much appreciated. Also how is Rogue PvP at max level atm? Any fun builds out?

Telaran

The basic solo build would be 4 tactician/ 8 riftstalker.. That gives you enough heals.
    Put rest in either Bladedancer or nightblade. Personaly I have Bladedancer.
    At level 60, I am 61BD/ 4 Tactician/ 11 Riftstalker. That gives perfect selfheal, very good singletarget and decent aoe damage.
    Keep in mind if you want to try 61 Nightblade you get the non-physical bonus from tactician instead of the resist and the other stat I dont remember.

Another solobuild I used was 31Marksman/ 35 ranger. When you level up you want more points in ranger.
    The key to this build is the tank pet basicly.

That's an interesting start build (8 Riftstalker / 4 Tactician) !

I'm almost tempted to start another rogue just to see how it works. I really miss the old 25 Assassin / 20 Riftstalker / 20 Bladedancer as a melee grind build.

I wonder if this could be somewhat done with this build as a starting point.... Hmmm....
    "Might does not make right... It just makes it possible."

Alekto, Cleric - Eryon, Warrior - Mause, Rogue - Casuane, Cleric

Thanks for the tip. I'm still tuning my nightblade's soloing spec and I tried dumping all the points I had in riftstalker to play around with some other talents and it has only been working so-so.

I've been enjoying 23NB/9RS with rest in Tactician while leveling.

23NB for 3/3 Heat retention (which will stay up with every emperyal bolt).

9 RS for the 3/3 boosted recovery and 1 in phantom blow (which will proc melted skin every 15 seconds)

rest in Tactician with emphasis on increasing dmg/crits of torrents and reducing torrent energy cost (torrent primer is a must have)

For my spec, its not too macro friendly except for each torrent I macro in Phantom Blow (for the %dmg reduction).

#show infernal torrent
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast phantom blow
    cast infernal torrent

#show glacial torrent
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast phantom blow
    cast glacial torrent

probably a good idea to have RS crystal for heal off phantom blow, if using HK crystal synergy bonus

For a long ST fight (think World event boss) ideally with the spec i run you would:
    Emperyal bolt 5x to get 5 stacks of heat retention and then Torrent primer as your finisher (40% increase in dmg)

then:
    Glacial torrent, Infernal Torrent, glacial torrent, Infernal torrent, emperyal bolt (for 5cps) and torrent primer
    *Emperyal bolt will keep heat retention refreshed at 5 stacks.
    repeat the above but instead throw in a emperyal ray until the torrent primer buff is about to fall off.

once mob hits 30% necrotic torrent til death.

and don't forget to use your power core (+attk pwr) and the other dps increase remote for that extra boost of dmg.
    Last edited by Luteuel; 11-26-2012 at 12:18 PM.
    Rogue - <Ascendance>"
    Luteuel@Greybriar, formely Luteuel@Deepwood

I think I badly phrased my previous post. I meant I removed all riftstalker points from my longtime NB/RS soloing build to try out more of the new things in NB, and it's working but just a touch too squishy. I really was used to Rift Scavenger healing me up because most times in leveling, foes would just die before I used a finisher with my final combo points.
    Last edited by Alessar; 11-26-2012 at 04:26 PM. Reason: still not making sense with my words!

+ Reply to Thread