+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bladedancer priority macro question

Shadowlander

Default Bladedancer priority macro question

So, am I missing something or can I just replace quick strike w/ precision strike altogether once I get it? Also, binary strike will completely replace keen strike? Just making sure I haven't missed anything in looking at the tree/abilities. Thanks!

Shadowlander

Also, it looks like dauntless strike can completely replace deadly strike?

You will never replace Quick Strike and Precision Strike, they will always be a part of your rotation. Also, don't only just use Precision Strike either, you want to have Quick Strike just as much as Precision.

Reason being, Quick does more damage than Precision, but precision gives 2 combo points. The basic rotation uses both of these in one finisher (Quick > x > Precision > x > y --- different only when using Dualism) with x being the apropriate basic hit (Keen if you're below 58 points, and the 58pt ability if you're 58 points or higher) and y being the appropriate finisher (Deadly Strike if you don't have Dauntless Strike --- and yes Dauntless is higher priority than Deadly --- but the 54pt finisher replaces both of those if you have 54 pts in Bladedancer).

Apologies for not giving exact names for 54 and 58 pt abilities, I can't check those names at the moment. You can probably figure it out though.
    Last edited by Rootyy; 11-25-2012 at 01:37 PM.
    Rootyy@Greybriar <Too Many Buttons>
    12/13 T1 || 2/4 GA
    Reality is for people who don't play video games.
    Rootyy == Moirain == Euphemia == Saiyu

Ascendant

Binary Strike - Yes this is a straight upgrade over Keen Strike and will replace it in your rotation.

Dauntless Strike - You can use this to replace Deadly Strike if you wish as they deal identical damage. If you don't have a Beastmaster or Archon around you'll want to use this once every 60s for the crit buff even if you have Double Strike.

Quick Strike - No this is never replaced. It does less damage than Precision Strike even though Precision generates 2 CPs. You'll be usung both PS and QS in your standard ST rotation. Something along the lines of PS > KS/BS > QS > KS/BS > Finisher.
    Last edited by Kedon; 11-25-2012 at 01:42 PM.

Ascendant

*sigh* Apologies for the above and 5min edits, I meant to say Quick Strike deals more damage, of course.
    Last edited by Kedon; 11-25-2012 at 01:47 PM.

Telaran

So because of quick/precision strike, there's not any real BD macro, right?

Ascendant

Right.

Well, there's a few that macro their dances together but most agree that it's a really bad idea to do that.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Naveed View Post
    So, am I missing something or can I just replace quick strike w/ precision strike altogether once I get it? Also, binary strike will completely replace keen strike? Just making sure I haven't missed anything in looking at the tree/abilities. Thanks!
    The answer is: don't play with macros that stack multiple abilities and allow you to spam the hell out of a single button. It's not fun nor is it optimal for DPS.
    Moved on from Rift due to: Rift's PvP being a mindless, skilless zerg that has been and will continue to be perpetuated and reinforced :: A horribly optimized engine :: My personal distaste for F2P (already heading down the P2W path) after giving it a fair shake. Rift is an exceptional MMO by an overachieving development team that unfortunately is ruined by a few personally show-stopping issues.

Quote Originally Posted by epilepticemu View Post
    So because of quick/precision strike, there's not any real BD macro, right?
    No, you don't want to macro any abilties that are in the same macro as it's prerequisite.

Example (Keen bring a prereq to Quick):
    cast Quick Strike
    cast Keen Strike

The time it takes to check if Keen went off so that Quick can results in a large DPS drop over time due to the amount of time those checks took when abilities could have been going off. You don't want that.
    Rootyy@Greybriar <Too Many Buttons>
    12/13 T1 || 2/4 GA
    Reality is for people who don't play video games.
    Rootyy == Moirain == Euphemia == Saiyu

Quote Originally Posted by Rootyy View Post
    No, you don't want to macro any abilties that are in the same macro as it's prerequisite.

Example (Keen bring a prereq to Quick):
    cast Quick Strike
    cast Keen Strike

The time it takes to check if Keen went off so that Quick can results in a large DPS drop over time due to the amount of time those checks took when abilities could have been going off. You don't want that.
    There are several Bladedancer guides spread between this forum and in the official Rogue Guides forum. Quite a few of them are horrendously erroneous so stick to those created by Mayi or Dunharrow.

+ Reply to Thread