+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Attack power, Critical Strike or Critical power at the begining?

Soulwalker

Default Attack power, Critical Strike or Critical power at the begining?

What do you think is better now? With critical no capped still being better get attack power? Or use critical enchants and gear?

Crit power dont will be good if you dont have much critical % ...

Not sure, I replaced my pure attack power set with crit and crit power with still some attack power left and my dps plummeted :/ .. crit power is't look too nice, probably depends on spec though
    Rehashed, reskinned content =/= Exciting new content
    Retired from Rift thanks to Square E getting their stuff together

Soulwalker

I am tactician and need critical or i must stop dps because dont have energy. For this i ask, with more critical more energy recover.

PD: Sorry for my english

Rift Disciple

Physical crit stat is less powerful that it was before. You can pretty much completely ignore it in favor of attack power. The ratio is something like 125:1 but most none of the gear with heavy crit reflect this disparity for it to be a valid trade off.
    Last edited by shukaa; 11-25-2012 at 07:30 AM.

Rift Disciple

Nevermind, Ignore what I just said above, mostly.
    Last edited by shukaa; 11-25-2012 at 07:36 AM.

Rift Disciple

Maybe this is more accurate?

at 3000 ap, 0% crit power: 30 ap = 1% dmg (mostly but maybe more or less)
    126 crit = 1% increase in damage * crit power modified
    1349 crit/10.15% = 126.0098522167488

30ap = 126 crit

~4.2 ap = 1 crit?

Quote Originally Posted by shukaa View Post
    Maybe this is more accurate?

at 3000 ap, 0% crit power: 30 ap = 1% dmg (mostly but maybe more or less)
    126 crit = 1% increase in damage * crit power modified
    1349 crit/10.15% = 126.0098522167488

30ap = 126 crit

~4.2 ap = 1 crit?
    It's going to vary wildly depending on your spec. Some builds get %based AP bonuses (such as Nightblade or Bladedancer), some get crit% bonuses that will strengthen crit power, and still others have crit-procced abilities that increase the value of crit rating.

It takes so much crit to give 1% now, i wish they would give an appropriate amount on items
    right now crit items are largely junk when compared to their AP counterpart.

Example one item might give 25 ap while the other 32 crit. When has 32 crit ever been an adequate trade for a whopping 25 AP? You'd need 50 crit to make it possibly worth keeping.

As a result i'm mostly keeping AP gear, plus many of my specs scale directly off AP.

I would avoid crit rating like the devil, it scales too slowly and the itemisation is not balance for that scaling.
    Just stack full AP, Crit Power if you have to.
    Nope.

Shadowlander

Correct mostly. Crit rating is the ratio of 126 physical crit to 1% crit chance.

You have your maths wrong at the end. not 4.2ap = 1 crit. It's the other way around, and that's presuming you're right about the value of AP.

Basically, stack AP & crit power. Let crit chance do it's natural thing and let it get buffed in raids.
    http://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/l587/Alexking80/sig.jpg
    :: Rift Officer - United Kingdoms ::
    :: Rift Recruitment :: UK Home :: UK Forums ::

There was a recent thread all about this subject:

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...rit-power.html

IIRC correctly stat priority is:

Hit > Dex > AP > Crit Power > Crit Chance (for raids)

Hit > Dex > AP > Crit Chance > Crit Power (For PvE)

But as written before, if it aint AP dont use ;)

To continue this discussion, do you use DEX or AP glyphs?
    A witty saying proves nothing
    - Voltaire
    One man alone can be pretty dumb sometimes, but for real bona fide stupidity, there ain't nothin' can beat teamwork.
    - Edward Abbey

Telaran

So, i've been wondering... there are a few Souls that gives you a buff after you crit, that increase your damage / AP / etc.

Marksman
    Increased Fire Power 5/5 = Increases your Weapon Damage and Attack Power by 10%

Blade Dancer
    Hack and Slash 5/5 = Increases physical damage dealt by 15% and damage taken by 5%
    Duelist Pose 2/2 = Increases your Weapon Damage and Attack Power by 4% per stack. Maximum 5 stacks.

Assassin
    Magnify Pain 5/5 = Debuffs target, increasing damage taken from you by 5%.
    Cruel Vengence 5/5 = Increase your damage by 10%.

---

For my melee dps specc i am currently using all of them except the one in marksmanship, and gets the following buff after i crit:

30% increased physical damage
    20% increased AP (when on 5 stacks)
    20% increased Weapond Damage (when on 5 stacks)

I havnt really done any testing, and im not going to sit down right now at 3:30AM to do the math, but im pretty sure +Crit Chanse is worth more than people state when they are saying that AP >>>> Crit.

I can agree that Crit Power might be the least useful of the 3, but the whole AP or Crit Chanse discussion depends alot on what specc you have.

However, the duration on these buffs vary between 10 and 15 seconds. So you would only have to crit once each 10 seconds. To make it easy lets say you get off 10 attacks in 10 seconds.. it will mean you need about 10% crit to (in theory) keep the buffs up at all time. This does however not help the stacking buff from Duelist Pose, where we need to get 5 stacks up withing 5 seconds.. leaving us at needing one crit each 3 seconds. Which in turn would mean we need 33% crit.

We get a total of 15% crit from Dauntless Strike buff, Ruthlessness 5/5 and Lethal Poison 33-15 = 18. Roughly you would need 18% crit from other sources (gear and buffs) and up untill that point you would want to get

Hit > Dex > Physical Crit > AP > Crit Power

as a melee rogue, and after that it is as stated earlier in the thread

Hit > Dex > AP > Crit Power > Physical Crit

atleast this is the conclusion i come to when i look at it, would be nice if someone could give their point of view

For all the ranged dps rogues out there tho, i think it is AP > Crit most of the time.
    Last edited by Stabbzalot; 11-28-2012 at 06:48 PM.

Telaran

I did some math (with an MM spec), and it's more something like : AP > Dext > Strengh > PCrit > Crit.

The formula change, considering that the more crit you have, the more PCrit is usefull, but even with 3k Crit and 600 PCrit, AP is still more than 2 time better, and i didn't considered the passive MM buff that increase AP by 10%, that would increase even more the value of AP
    Last edited by Exterm; 11-28-2012 at 11:31 PM.
    Exterm@Brisesol <Mea Culpa>

+ Reply to Thread