+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Tactician with Sabo? Anyone tried this?

Rift Disciple

Default Tactician with Sabo? Anyone tried this?

Hi,

I haven't ever tried the Sabo, but am loving the new tactician soul and wondering if the combo of the 2 would be just wicked (thinking about PVE at this point).

I didn't see much about this when I googled, just found this one build on ZAM.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?rift...xVc0cz.V0V.-11

Has anyone had a go at this? How was it?

Thanks

Rift Disciple

OK here is an easier question

Is Saboteur viable in Storm Legion lands?

I saw some youtube vids of a sabo in Stillmore and the guy was actually taking a lot of damage. I'm wondering if there enough health regen or other defensive power in sabo to make the harder SL mobs efficiently solo-able?

Sab isn't a solo spec. The only utility it has in terms of making it easy to solo with are a snare bomb and a silence bomb. Other than that, it's pretty much strictly an AoE DPS build.

As for mixing the two, I'm sure it could work, but it sounds like a meh idea to me. SL mobs aren't close enough together to AoE down with the tools of Sab and Tac have. I had to really try hard most of the time to get 3 or 4 mobs in one spot for me to AoE down when leveling.

From a DPS perspective, I'm sure Sab/Tact would be a nice DPS trash-killing spec, but not a good solo spec in my opinion. I have personally not tested either one of those theories, though.

EDIT: To answer your question of sab being viable, yes it still kicks some tail as an AoE DPS spec in dungeons and zone events (with a healer in the group), but on it's own, unless you're one-shotting things with stacked up blast charges, I wouldn't recommend it in the outside world alone.
    Last edited by Rootyy; 11-25-2012 at 02:09 PM.
    Rootyy@Greybriar <Too Many Buttons>
    12/13 T1 || 2/4 GA
    Reality is for people who don't play video games.
    Rootyy == Moirain == Euphemia == Saiyu

Rift Disciple

Ok thanks Rooty, I appreciate your sharing your experience. Gonna mull this over a bit.

Forgot to mention, if you wanted to go through the trouble of soloing in sab, you could also use traps. One of them does a root, another places 4 mines in a D-Pad formation and each one does a knockback (that one is the 31-point land mines. That first one I don't remember how high up in the tree it is).
    Last edited by Rootyy; 11-25-2012 at 02:22 PM.
    Rootyy@Greybriar <Too Many Buttons>
    12/13 T1 || 2/4 GA
    Reality is for people who don't play video games.
    Rootyy == Moirain == Euphemia == Saiyu

Soulwalker

Default Tact/Sab

As far as this combination being viable. I dont believe so i can try it out on my spare build. But if your looking for a good AOE build that is survivable i would look at Tact/Bard. I currently use two different types one that is equal on both the bard and tact side which allows me pretty good aoe dps and aoe healing which is very viable in pvp. I usually do both really good healing when we need that extra push, and really great aoe dps. when using the tact i have found that concentrating on the torrents in the tree when you are spending points is your best bet to boost your dps when using them. even though you get a debuff that makes them cost heavy the more you use them. there is currently a finisher called the torrent primer which allows you to burn a stack of 5 "currently the debuff that you recieve when using torrents stacks up to 10" which i build twice using torrent primer to burn both stacks that i have built up which adds a 30% debuff that increases your damage when using torrents. tbh i usually build up once using a single target attack and burn those combo points with primer and then torrent up to five stacks and then build then burn using torrent primer rinse and repeat pretty much. then use your heals to help when need but if you have enough healers you wont need to help heal. Let me know if you want a point breakdown.

Rift Disciple

Hi Dany,

Thank you for that. I am a little confused about something though - are you saying that with the Tact/Bard, your either DPSing with the Tact side or healing when needed on the bard side. but not both?

Meaning, do you use both Tact and Bard offensively at the same time, or is this kind of a "split personality" build with 2 separate functions that are not all that synergistic?

(And yes please, if you can post a point breakdown that would be super).

With tac/bard, you get alot more bang for your buck in terms of healing survivability options available.

You can use curative blast to set off a HoT on yourself, curative engine to heal on being hit, motif of regen from bard, curing totem (Apologies, I suddenly forgot the skill name) to drop a healing totem, use coda of restoration, and cadence to heal with as well.

When healing is not as needed, you can simply swap to the torrents found in tac to burn through mobs as fast as you can, using torrent primer to remove torrent stacks - with the bonus of being able to 5CP after 4 torrent chains instantly for either primer again, or a curative blast etc. etc.
    60Rog/PR64 - Cleared - FT | EE
    1-button TOTALLY AFK Rogue and Cheerleader for Blitz!

Rift Disciple

Just one last twist on my question

If you just wanted to make a farming build for say, cleaning out towns in Stillmore... I was wondering if Tact/Sabo could work like:

Pull with Sabo aoe spell, have the mobs come attack you through the sabos traps, and then burn down what remains with Tact torrents?

I find your lack of Improved Entangling Trap disturbing. An 8s AoE root up every 15s is extremely handy. Turns the emote in Empyrean Core to "Master Mixer injects bitnine with a massive amount of elixir, but then is annoyed when his little ones stand there like jerks instead of moving. Also he's silenced - and now they're all blown up."

Alternating Entangling/Debilitating/Adhesive, a sab can lock down a melee mob indefinitely. You can certainly solo with a build that has Boosted Recovery and Curative Engine. But it won't be as efficient as a more dedicated solo spec, and likely won't hold up against multiple elites and the like.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

Despite the 2 souls' similar purpose, they have horrid synergy. They both deal AOE damage, but Tac does it with channeled non-physical damage, while Sab does it with instant/delayed physical damage. They literally add nothing to each other.

Rift Disciple

I'd also rather opt for either of both. One option that makes sense, tho, is to go Sab and spend 10 pts in Tac (increasing non-phys. dmg, since Sab can work with elemental earth dmg, and increasing the AoE-dmg).

You'll lack regenerative skills, tho, which will slow you down at times when lvling.
    Cornucopia - lvl60 Rogue -|- R80 [Brutwacht EU] - | - Guild: Vanen

Soulwalker

Default Tact/Bard, Bard/Tact, Sab

Quote Originally Posted by riftyman View Post
    Hi Dany,

Thank you for that. I am a little confused about something though - are you saying that with the Tact/Bard, your either DPSing with the Tact side or healing when needed on the bard side. but not both?

Meaning, do you use both Tact and Bard offensively at the same time, or is this kind of a "split personality" build with 2 separate functions that are not all that synergistic?

(And yes please, if you can post a point breakdown that would be super).

ok im going attach a bunch of macros along with my heavy tact that has points in bard. and then my heavy bard that uses some tact. and additionally my sab build with my mega macro which is used for crazy heavy dps. now the heavy tact build is mostly dps but it does its great share of heals, usually i can level the two. and the heavy bard is mainly heals with added dps. but as far as your question both builds that im supplying can do an equal amount of heals and damage. its all situational. my best pointer is to start off healing because even though your healing your still doing dps because that bard uses builders that do damage to heal, then i would search with your tab button which normally is enemy select. until you find some one that is either A squishy or B at 50% health and burn em down with your torrent primer then flame torrent. Sorry just realized im speaking from a pvp perspective but when your in pve all of the above builds are stronger so its basically try the way i play it then tweak if needed but as far as the points be careful where you move them if you do so as not to take away from heals and damage and mainly damge for torrents as for these two builds thats where most of you aoe dps will derive from. but for the heavy bard spec if you want you can build with cadence or cadenza and then use coda of fury as that is your aoe coda. and it is pretty strong. i have also included some pics of my damage and heals done during a warfront. one of them i out heal every healer on my team even though im a heavy bard spec. also i showed the sab builds damage that i did during a couple warfronts.
    Any questions just ask i kinda ranted for a while but hopefully all was helpful if you would like me to walk you through anything ingame I can im a guardian so if you are i should be able to help you. just let me know what you would like to do. enjoy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tactician with Sabo? Anyone tried this?-2012-11-26_134834.jpg   Tactician with Sabo? Anyone tried this?-2012-11-26_135100.jpg   Tactician with Sabo? Anyone tried this?-2012-11-26_134905.jpg   Tactician with Sabo? Anyone tried this?-2012-11-26_134906.jpg   Tactician with Sabo? Anyone tried this?-2012-11-26_134908.jpg  

Tactician with Sabo? Anyone tried this?-2012-11-26_134928.jpg   Tactician with Sabo? Anyone tried this?-2012-11-26_134943.jpg   Tactician with Sabo? Anyone tried this?-2012-11-26_134944.jpg   Tactician with Sabo? Anyone tried this?-2012-11-26_134947.jpg   Tactician with Sabo? Anyone tried this?-2012-11-26_134956.jpg  

Tactician with Sabo? Anyone tried this?-2012-11-26_135002.jpg   Tactician with Sabo? Anyone tried this?-2012-11-26_135027.jpg   Tactician with Sabo? Anyone tried this?-2012-11-26_135051.jpg   Tactician with Sabo? Anyone tried this?-2012-11-26_135053.jpg   Tactician with Sabo? Anyone tried this?-2012-11-26_135056.jpg  

Tactician with Sabo? Anyone tried this?-2012-11-22_224553.jpg   Tactician with Sabo? Anyone tried this?-2012-11-22_225335.jpg   Tactician with Sabo? Anyone tried this?-2012-11-25_193910.jpg   Tactician with Sabo? Anyone tried this?-2012-11-25_195220.jpg   Tactician with Sabo? Anyone tried this?-2012-11-25_195642.jpg  

Tactician with Sabo? Anyone tried this?-2012-11-25_200156.jpg  

I would think if you wanted a self heal sab you could try 44sab/23sin/13tact

That is what I could think up, Chemical bomb is the main thing that will proc your leeching poison from the sin tree. have lethal poison up for extra +5% crit. The only downside is that you would be missing boosted recovery from RS so bring alot of health drinks to heal up after fights. annnd i wouldn't pull too many mobs at once.
    Rogue - <Ascendance>"
    Luteuel@Greybriar, formely Luteuel@Deepwood

Rift Chaser

Tac ability Ionization (increases the damage of non-physical attacks) doesn't increase damage of Bombs or Charges?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast