+ Reply to Thread

Thread: BiS values

Soulwalker

Default BiS values

I am trying to put together a BiS sheet for rogue essences, but I don't know what values I should assign to each stat point. I.E. a point in physical crit get "x" points before crit cap, but "y" points if you are above it. Also, how would crit power fit into this? Thanks for any help!

Well, first off, it'll vary from soul to soul. For instance, crit is extremely valuable to BD (up to a certain point), while due to the passive crit bonuses to its various abilities, Marksman benefits more from crit power than, say, Ranger.

And so on.

And even aside from that, the only way to figure out the values of the stats is to develop a DPS simulation tool (like Simcraft, which is used by many WoW players), and run iterations of various builds at various levels of various stats.

The old spreadsheets were vague approximations, because no one wanted to do the legwork to get truly accurate data.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    Well, first off, it'll vary from soul to soul. For instance, crit is extremely valuable to BD (up to a certain point), while due to the passive crit bonuses to its various abilities, Marksman benefits more from crit power than, say, Ranger.

And so on.

And even aside from that, the only way to figure out the values of the stats is to develop a DPS simulation tool (like Simcraft, which is used by many WoW players), and run iterations of various builds at various levels of various stats.

The old spreadsheets were vague approximations, because no one wanted to do the legwork to get truly accurate data.

Well, right now I am aiming for a MM BiS essence sheet. I made an EXTREMELY rough one assigning AP 3 points, crit 2, and crit power 1

On further thought, Marksman is probably a lot easier to calculate than some builds, due to the relatively simplicity of the mechanics. The main thing you'd need is conversion percentages (IE how much crit rating and crit power it takes to make 1% of either crit chance or crit damage, respectively) and the AP coefficients.

From there, you can just plug everything into a spreadsheet to get your estimated DPS for any given stat levels, and use that to figure out the values.

+ Reply to Thread