+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Bugged: Torrent sapping?

Shadowlander

Default Bugged: Torrent sapping?

I keep running into this issue. I have no stacks yet for torrent primer but going from glacial to infernal torrent occasionally saps all my energy in one go as if I had 10 stacks. Has anyone else gotten this issue? I've tried slowing down and making sure I don't overlap but the I still have the same problem.

Are you sure you're not fighting something with an energy drain ability?

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    Are you sure you're not fighting something with an energy drain ability?
    Nope, It does it on about everything. I've seen it happen in Experts, onslaughts, and zone events. I do 2 torrents then I am suddenly 0 energy. It is not constantly, it just happens occasionally, yet enough to be noticed.
    Last edited by Hioki; 11-24-2012 at 10:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hioki View Post
    Nope, It does it on about everything. I've seen it happen in Experts, onslaughts, and zone events. I do 2 torrents then I am suddenly 0 energy. It is not constantly, it just happens occasionally, yet enough to be noticed.
    Those are the three places where you'll encounter mobs that drain your energy.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    Those are the three places where you'll encounter mobs that drain your energy.
    except I was not standing in anything or being a target of anything. So, no, I was not encountering mobs that were draining my energy.

Soulwalker

I can confirm this and already wrote a ticket. Hope it will get fixed soon. It is exactly the way you describe it.

Soulwalker

Default Yay, found someone else with the same issue.

I have reported this as a bug also. It seems to be happening more frequently. What I notice is that I will hit glacial or infernal torrent and if you look at your bar you see the spell highlighted. It basically cues up another glacial or infernal immediately. One, you don't want to follow a glacial with another glacial but the most concerning thing is exacty as stated above. No matter how many stacks of the energy debuff I have, my remaining energy is completely diminished by that second torrent. This needs to be fixed, it is getting extremely frustrating. I love tact and feel the potential is there to outdo sab for ae.

I would also like to add that I noticed similar behavior with cadence and cadenza while barding. I haven't noticed it with Chain Destruction or Sentry Battery but I rarely use MM for ae so not a lot of opportunity to see if there is an issue with those 2 abilities.
    Last edited by akri30; 11-29-2012 at 12:05 AM.

I ran into this problem last night, but it only seems to happen to me with the healing torrent.

I suddenly go from 60% energy (or more) down to 0%. There are no drains, and it also happens while using them out of combat.
    Last edited by Llendra; 12-07-2012 at 06:06 AM.

can confirm this as well.

it happened to me last night on crucia progress I've use glacial torrent at the start with no debuff and it just ate all my energy almost instantly.

once or twice I remember happening with curative torrent as well in phase 2, good that I had 5cbp pre-built before the breath and used finisher to clear up the debuff and it went back to normal.

special.guildlaunch.com - Always Recruiting Exceptional Players

Free Rift Strats @ rift-mmorpg.com
    Rogue Class Lead

10.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #10
    Rift Team

Do you have a specific case that causes this issue?

I tried alternating Torrents, spamming individual Torrents only, setting ability queue and spamming the same Torrents over and over, tried it in and out of combat. And still not getting it.
    Last edited by Ailion; 12-07-2012 at 11:21 AM.

this has happened to me as well on crucia and I though I had the energy debuff, but it was not there at all. will parse a lot to try to recreate it for you Ailion

Lithmygoober@deepwood
    Lithmygoo@deepwood

Plane Touched

Had the same issue like 2 out of 30 crucia tries. Happens sometimes but really drains your dps =/

Ascendant

Yes, I can confirm, in many/any area on Dailies, just boom>>>>> down it goes, with only 1 hit of torrent, no matter which one.

Hit prime> torrent, .........................empty.

Now, thats not right.

Is it some problem like the CD issues?

Soulwalker

There is no particular rhyme, reason or situation. It happens on dummies, when I am not in combat and in combat. It happens when I have 0 stacks of the debuff or 1 or 2 or 3, etc. It can happen on the first torrent or the 4th no matter what type it is. It can happen before I use primer or after. And since I am already sounding like a children's book author here is something that I came up with after I got super pissed off about the bug. Its working title is "Energy Drains Suck".

It happens when I am standing still,
    It happens when I run uphill,
    It happens when I have 2 stacks,
    It happens when I fight Gertack.

I do not like energy drains, no sir.
    I do not like them, most concur!

Thank you. I also invite you to come watch it happen to me on Greybriar if that helps.

Rift Disciple

I have noticed this problem aswell and it is the main reason i no longer play tactician.

For me i mainly notice this issue when i was using the MM/Tact spec, when i change from glacial to infernal or vice versa just after the 2nd damage tick you start channeling the new ability but you do not get the 1 tick of energy regen it just continues to drain.

Same thing happens if you use sentry battery in MM and spam the button for it when it completes the channel it recasts and you do not regen any energy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast