+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Whats Worng With The Rogue DPS

Soulwalker

Default Whats Worng With The Rogue DPS

Marksman is so useless for real..I have 4 epic items already and 2.540 attack power atm but my friends (They just hit 60 and green/blue gears mage and cleric) can do more dps than me ??

I tried everythin ! I v made a ranger build but guess what..Pet bugged and it doesnt attack ? (500-700 pet dmg are u kiddin me ? )

I am the only 1 or ?

Nothing's wrong with Rogue DPS. You just can't spam a single macro anymore to get "top DPS."

I hear the Bard soul has been doing well, lately...

Rogue is far from being worst DPS, probably the highest atm. I think youre just using a wrong spec, I suggest you to look again over your spec then learn it properly.

I raid only 1 hour per week!

Rift Disciple

One of our guild's top rogues was running the rest of the guildies through the lowbie SL dungeons last night with me, he was level 59 and I was level 60 (Mage) and he was out DPSing me on almost every fight.

He was easily pushing 5-6K DPS single target entirely in green and blue quest gear. If you're not pumping MUCH better than that out with multiple epic pieces, you're seriously doing something wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by MonsterKill View Post
    Marksman is so useless for real..I have 4 epic items already and 2.540 attack power atm but my friends (They just hit 60 and green/blue gears mage and cleric) can do more dps than me ??

I tried everythin ! I v made a ranger build but guess what..Pet bugged and it doesnt attack ? (500-700 pet dmg are u kiddin me ? )

I am the only 1 or ?
    My rogue is still parked at 50 at the moment mate so can't help but do have a look through the Class section - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene.../rogue-guides/

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by MonsterKill View Post

I am the only 1 or ?
    Think the question here is, What are you doing wrong? Because rouge is top DPS atm.

dbe
    General of Telara

MM is underwhelming, DPS-wise, but it's a ranged spec with an extremely simple skill set. It probably *should* be the lowest DPS spec, at least among rogue specs. Try Tach or BD, or even Asn, you should get better numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkjoy View Post
    Think the question here is, What are you doing wrong? Because rouge is top DPS atm.
    Raid parses would say otherwise. Not saying Rogues suck mind you but they are not top either.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Galibier View Post
    Raid parses would say otherwise. Not saying Rogues suck mind you but they are not top either.
    Wrong again, they are pretty much top. You are doing something wrong then.

I raid only 1 hour per week!

Shadowlander

MM isn't really a single target spec. I get about 12k+ AoE with it, but only about 5k dps single target (this is with the 58-60 dungeon blues). Use it when you want mobility, range, or easy AoE damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Skarrj View Post
    Wrong again, they are pretty much top. You are doing something wrong then.
    I'm just going based off of parses posted by Intrinsic among others. If the only parses being posted are showing mages and clerics ahead...albeit marginally.... than rogues then that is the data I will use. If you have contradictory data ai would be happy to see it. To me posted numbers are always > than unsupported assertions. Not saying yours are false mind you, they just thus far don't have accompanying data.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Laylle View Post
    MM isn't really a single target spec. I get about 12k+ AoE with it, but only about 5k dps single target (this is with the 58-60 dungeon blues). Use it when you want mobility, range, or easy AoE damage.
    Ummm MM is like the top "pure" ST range spec for rogues. The hybrid does more by about10% if the pet doesn't die.

All ranged specs are useless compared to melee if your soul has both.

Tempest blows compared to melee specs

all mage souls blow compared to harbs dps.

MM blows compared to melee specs.

The only calling that doesn't fit this is cleric, because all dps specs blow on a cleric.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by H3artless View Post
    All ranged specs are useless compared to melee if your soul has both.

Tempest blows compared to melee specs

all mage souls blow compared to harbs dps.

MM blows compared to melee specs.

The only calling that doesn't fit this is cleric, because all dps specs blow on a cleric.
    You're making my sides hurt!

Currently I'm rolling 6.5K single target in Harbinger in mostly dungeon blues. I'm rolling 6K single target IN ARCHON with the same gear, while contributing hundreds of points in spellpower, resistances, haste, hippoints, debuffs, and 500 DPS PER RAID MEMBER through Illuminate.

Harbinger might be the FOTM, but its by no means superior. It makes for an excellent soul choice to add a little bit of extra damage and mobility to any role, but as a straight DPS soul its not really a whole lot better than many of the others, its just "roll face over keyboard" easy to do, which is why its FOTM.

Ascendant

Rogues are leet
    Last edited by Reticularize; 11-23-2012 at 09:01 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast