+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Re-roll mage?

Prophet of Telara

Default Re-roll mage?

Now is the time to roll a mage, I just watched a lvl 60 mage pull 7 level 60 mobs lose next to no health and killed everything .......

In my best lvl 60 BD spec I can't pull more than 2 mobs and live, WTF is going on here? Rogue imo should be stronger with taking more damage than any mage ever should, so seriously WTF is up?

Looks as tho the mage Dev did things right for SL

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Amarayna View Post
    Now is the time to roll a mage, I just watched a lvl 60 mage pull 7 level 60 mobs lose next to no health and killed everything .......

In my best lvl 60 BD spec I can't pull more than 2 mobs and live, WTF is going on here? Rogue imo should be stronger with taking more damage than any mage ever should, so seriously WTF is up?

It is a harb/chloro spec.

If you roll a tactician spec you can do the same thing.
    Congratulations on not knowing your class either.

Edit: Also for believing another calling should not be as good at yours at doing the same job when they spec for it.
    Last edited by Katosu; 11-21-2012 at 11:04 PM.

As a lvl 51 mage, this is very good to hear!

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Katosu View Post
    It is a harb/chloro spec.

If you roll a tactician spec you can do the same thing.
    Congratulations on not knowing your class either.

Edit: Also for believing another calling should not be as good at yours at doing the same job when they spec for it.
    Because I wanna use a ray gun? lol please, Not even remotely close to the same thing, Harb has Tac beat hands down!
    Last edited by Amarayna; 11-22-2012 at 01:33 AM.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicUniverse View Post
    As a lvl 51 mage, this is very good to hear!
    I just brought out my mage from retirement in a Harb / Cho build, pulling mobs of 5 is no sweat at all as I LOLOL aoe them down looking for more ....... Amazing build and easy to use, 1 button ST, 1 button AOE , have fun .... I am

There seems to be a lot on the forum at the mo about this Harb/Chloro spec...I'm gonna have to try it too! I'm still using my old Necro/Lock spec from before the expansion.

I just find it a bit daunting to start again with a skillbar full of spells and being lvl 51 and getting used to a new rotation etc. I guess it would be better to learn it now though rather than at lvl 60!

Better yet, you don't have to pew pew with arrows, you don't have to sling slang with weapons, just pick up your trusty lute with 60/16/0 Bard-Tact you strum your way to 15/20 mobs and aoe them all down and end with 100% life, try it out, it is fun.

Now is the time to create another hyperbole thread! One time, I saw this Cleric take on 7 mobs! Now is the time to abandon my current calling and go Cleric! Seriously, you sound ridiculous. I also saw your comment further down, and it sounds like you have a case of the "I don't wanna's". You shoot down another poster who recommends a Rogue soul who can handle AoE, even though it's a very valid play style built for AoE and survival.

Also, Harbinger/Chloro does not have the Tactition beat. Not by a long shot. So enough with your anecdotal hyperbole, thank you.
    Last edited by Amrit; 11-22-2012 at 09:26 AM.

Ascendant

Because I wanna use a ray gun? lol please, Not even remotely close to the same thing, Harb has Tac beat hands down!
    So you have the options available to you, but don't want to use them.
    Troll...

I will admit you got me good.

Harb and defiler are exceptional for leveling...
    There is this ability that lets you take less dmg from certain mobs. Wow that means i can pull more faster. and aoe them down. Now if i were smart i would maybe look into that.
    That said, as someone with three 8/8 chars pre storm legion, every class is going to have its ups and downs. Play a mage because you enjoy it, not because you think anything is op. Because believe me, the nerf pendulum can swing at anyone at any time.
    Last edited by Hodor; 11-22-2012 at 10:02 AM.

Ascendant

Rofl... OP is a little unsmart. Doesnt know his own class. GG rouges everywhere.

At OP try tact/bard//bd. You get lots of self heals in all 3. I have a 52 rogue which i use tact bd and assassin. Get leaching poison in sin get medatative trance in bd and restorative engine in tact. Rest is up to you. This can pull 10+ mobs and be fine, even at level 60.

Thanks for playing, try again later.

Ascendant

I just brought out my mage from retirement in a Harb / Cho build, pulling mobs of 5 is no sweat at all as I LOLOL aoe them down looking for more ....... Amazing build and easy to use, 1 button ST, 1 button AOE , have fun .... I am
    This only confirms my previous post. You dont understand the classes. You cant have 2 abilities and win as harb... even with macros.

Try again later

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Dominion View Post
    Better yet, you don't have to pew pew with arrows, you don't have to sling slang with weapons, just pick up your trusty lute with 60/16/0 Bard-Tact you strum your way to 15/20 mobs and aoe them all down and end with 100% life, try it out, it is fun.
    Tested, this build is boring .... just can't get into the tact soul at all, it is fun like Sin or Ranger

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Reticularize View Post
    This only confirms my previous post. You dont understand the classes. You cant have 2 abilities and win as harb... even with macros.

Try again later
    No it doesn't and it goes to show how little you know, I had no clue how to use Harb, so I found a build with macros, ST and AOE pulling, killing, and having a blast at it

Yes, OP, this is the time for you to roll mage.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast