+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sin Is Levelicious!

Rift Disciple

Default Sin Is Levelicious!

Still a few levels to go...but I have to give props to the Sin for chain mobbing +1's. All one has to do is make sure weaps are updated and 2 rotation kills every second mob and mash between with no down time. Heal procs & stuns...yum yum. Since I am a gatherer, dead mobs in front of you to quickly click on.

I miss my bow but this will do. MM or Ranger I find either 2 much maintenance or not enough dps with the pig. I thought about aoe mobs with Sab, but mobs are to spread out and lost time trying to round a few up and down time.

Might as well enjoy the Sin now until pvp'n the MM again for meh.

Anyways, I am sure some RS builds are just as happy...since I see a few out there melting mobs with ease also. The Sin fits my grind style better.

My 2 cents.

Telaran

I'm still trying to find a good solo leveling build.

Mind giving some info on yours?

Sword of Telara

Heavy Tact is better. Heavy Tact will kill single mobs faster, heal you more.. and you can chain pull 6 or 7 and they all die at once rather than single targeting one down at a time. :P Heavy BD can be decent as well.
    Laban Rogue <That Guild>. Bad... good? I'm the guy with the gun.

I used Sin so I could skip killing a ton of mobs and actually do the quests.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Laban of C O View Post
    Heavy Tact is better. Heavy Tact will kill single mobs faster, heal you more.. and you can chain pull 6 or 7 and they all die at once rather than single targeting one down at a time. :P Heavy BD can be decent as well.
    Oh? I never tried it since launch day...but watched a few tacts spend a minute gathering mobs up walking backwards:P Didn't see the mobs melt like you said. But now you got me curious again and will see if you say is true.

FYI I use the death PA proc. Never below 80% HP as a sin. Use all my CDs in 2 different rotations. Mobs dead usually before I get to final blow. Poisons FTW!

I can post my build when I get to the comp....on iPhone ATM.

Heavy RS is still more yummy i dare say, and on top you can switch to guardian phase and be a tank for group encounters, invasion, IA or similar.
    A witty saying proves nothing
    - Voltaire
    One man alone can be pretty dumb sometimes, but for real bona fide stupidity, there ain't nothin' can beat teamwork.
    - Edward Abbey

I concur sir. Tried many builds and keep coming back to 51 Sin / 8 RS / rest in BD. Using the Vampiric Essence augment.
    Only downfall is no aoe, however this doesn't mean multiple pulls aren't possible. Not to mention having perma-stealth is great.

Quote Originally Posted by Hashashin View Post
    Still a few levels to go...but I have to give props to the Sin for chain mobbing +1's. All one has to do is make sure weaps are updated and 2 rotation kills every second mob and mash between with no down time. Heal procs & stuns...yum yum. Since I am a gatherer, dead mobs in front of you to quickly click on.

I miss my bow but this will do. MM or Ranger I find either 2 much maintenance or not enough dps with the pig. I thought about aoe mobs with Sab, but mobs are to spread out and lost time trying to round a few up and down time.

Might as well enjoy the Sin now until pvp'n the MM again for meh.

Anyways, I am sure some RS builds are just as happy...since I see a few out there melting mobs with ease also. The Sin fits my grind style better.

My 2 cents.
    I just came back last week and wanted to try out the Assassin tree as I loved it so much before. With a slight variant of what I remember using, I'm absolutely crushing mobs like mad. Ive tried all the builds listed here and they we're all pretty meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Laban of C O View Post
    Tactician In my opinion is just not fun at all! I tried it for at most 10min and said screw this. And it's all about what you have fun with.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

There's really no great leveling/grinding build. Tactician forces a choice between healing and damaging so its mediocre at best. 41 RS kills slow as hell. Nothing melts mobs and stays at high health like old Lightning Ragnarok. Everything is a tradeoff now. Unless you're another calling.

Quote Originally Posted by fibes View Post
    I concur sir. Tried many builds and keep coming back to 51 Sin / 8 RS / rest in BD. Using the Vampiric Essence augment.
    Only downfall is no aoe, however this doesn't mean multiple pulls aren't possible. Not to mention having perma-stealth is great.
    ARE YOU ME? Seriously, I do the exact same thing, vapiric essence FTW

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    I used Sin so I could skip killing a ton of mobs and actually do the quests.
    Only problem with that is that Carnage is a substantial amount of the xp grind.
    http://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/l587/Alexking80/sig.jpg
    :: Rift Officer - United Kingdoms ::
    :: Rift Recruitment :: UK Home :: UK Forums ::

Quote Originally Posted by Dunharrow View Post
    There's really no great leveling/grinding build. Tactician forces a choice between healing and damaging so its mediocre at best. 41 RS kills slow as hell. Nothing melts mobs and stays at high health like old Lightning Ragnarok. Everything is a tradeoff now. Unless you're another calling.
    pretty much. My build is about burning down groups but swap out BD for Sin and it's better ST. Really what build you use is based on your play style. I simply do not have the patience to stealth around and pull smaller groups, so I sacrifice ST dps. It's all a trade off.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Valix View Post
    Only problem with that is that Carnage is a substantial amount of the xp grind.
    I used my leet ti-84+ and concluded they are okay to skip for the most part. They net a bit less XP, even with rested XP bonus, than a completed story line. Some of them get done because mobs are near objectives for other quests, those were the carnage quests I mostly bothered to complete. Or if I noticed one had 5 - 6 kills left.

And I don't get the hype about vampiric essence. I once got my HP pretty low and whacked away on a dummy. It took a pretty epic amount of time to heal me. An epic amount of time to heal through what one mob destroys in 1 hit. Maybe if that thing proc'd off bleeds

80ap ftw tbh bbq
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Plane Touched

Assassin IS THE BEST FOR LEVELING!!!!!! AND QUESTS!

leeching poison buff heal you when attack
    4 points at TACTICIAN give you heal when hit

and listen now, if have quest that need to collect something stealth -> incapadise (wrong spelling) enemy -> collect item -> stealth and leave no fight at all, you will do quests so fast!

and using the 31 ability that let you ise a stealth ability out of stealth, use paralizing strike to stun enemy again so you gain heal with leeching poison and do damage without get ;)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast