+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tactician or Bard for minor off-heals with 20-30 pts

Soulwalker

Default Tactician or Bard for minor off-heals with 20-30 pts

I'm playing a MM/Ranger ranged damage build and have 20 to 30 points left over. I'd like to be able to off-heal in an emergency and I was wondering if you guys thought bard or tactician would fill that better.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrwith View Post
    I'm playing a MM/Ranger ranged damage build and have 20 to 30 points left over. I'd like to be able to off-heal in an emergency and I was wondering if you guys thought bard or tactician would fill that better.
    In what setting? In soloing I'd say you're best off with RS. In any other setting I'd say bard, tactician doesn't really get any healing until higher in the tree, though it does have a good 4 point self healing buff.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

Telaran

Edit: Go with Tact in my opinion. At least they have a couple of heals 20 or so points into the soul.
    Last edited by Lycrates; 11-22-2012 at 06:05 AM.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

I'm playing a MM/Ranger ranged damage build and have 20 to 30 points left over.
    No you don't. MM/Ranger builds require 76 points invested at level 60. You have no points remaining. If you put 20+ points into Tac or Bard, you are severely gimping your DPS and not gaining much/any healing.

If you want a "healing" spec, then you should go 61 Tac. It has reasonable damage and can do reasonable healing in some situations. If you want to keep a main tank alive, or heal a group through standing in bad, then you need to choose another calling.

You don't need a jack-of-all-trades build since you have 6 roles. Build your roles for specific purposes and build them for maximum performance, e.g.:

ranged dps
    melee dps
    support
    tank
    pvp
    solo

+ Reply to Thread