+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Rounded

Thread: Looking for helpful advice on rogue supporting.

Soulwalker

Default Looking for helpful advice on rogue supporting.

Hello everyone and thanks for taking the time to help me out!

I have come back to rift after a long time away and i would like to be pointed in the right direction in the way of builds for the rogue supporting role. At the moment i am just using the pre-set souls (battle bard and medical technician). They feel ok for the lving part and instances but i am looking to get into end game raiding and would like to learn more about this role. Any help would be helpful !

Soulwalker

Still looking for help please guys

Class guides are just below Class discussion forums, here's a link to them: http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene.../rogue-guides/

Rift Master

If you're looking for support to mean buffing/debuffing, then you want a 61 bard. This will do the most to buff raid DPS (through raid buffs and mob debuffs), while providing some DPS and a little group healing (with some small spot heals in emergencies).

If it is support healing, then I hear that tact is the place to go.

We run a dedicated bard in raids and a dedicate Tact for its shield and damage reduction.

Commander of The Watch (http://thewatch.enjin.com)
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness". Terry Pratchett

Well there is no replacement for a 61 bard in any 20 man raid, I like the 10mm 5nb version for the highest AP bonus. As far as tact support there are a few builds to go with, the "Tactman" build for a little raid buffing and sick AE dps or the higher point tact builds that can heal with the best specs if the party can stack right and you can work your positioning correctly. I carry bard and tact specs even as a main spec DPS and feel really confident in my ability with them. Check out the guide section for builds and rotations and general info on when and how to use them.

Can't yet help you with Tac, but yeah it does heal more then bard (Thanks for the Bard nerf trion, because Bards were so interesting they needed a nerf in value)...

Your RAID bard will always be max points in bard. At 61 bard:

10mm/5nb: Highest dps bard
    15 tac/0 (assassin or mm depending if you want dps or runspeed insta): Highest healing bard

My personal fav is 10 tac/5mm for the 25 range and extra healing from tac. I did a few 20 range instances and raids and said funk that sheet. 25 range>>>>

+ Reply to Thread