+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Crit Power?

Shadowlander

Default Crit Power?

How useful do we actually think this is? I know, I know, crit power is awesomesauce, but! With critical chance being so low, the actual gains from your crit power get severely diminished / not as pretty as what they look.

I ran a few numbers last month, but tbh can't make much sense of them now since I was in the zone when doing it, but it was something like crit chance gives a linear .5% damage boost @ 1.5 crit multiplier per 1% crit chance. However crit power only gives a 0.1% damage boost per 1% @ 10% crit chance, .2 @ 20, .3 @ 30 etc etc.

So i guess, if someone can verify that I am somewhere on the right track, is to equate the %'s to the crit number and crit power numbers. AFAIK it follows the *very* rough rules of 25 points = 1% for both.

In that case
    25 points of crit = 250points of crit power @ 10% crit chance
    25 crit = 125 CP @ 20% crit chance
    25 crit = 83 cp @ 30% CC
    25 crit = 62 cp @ 40% CC
    25 crit = 50 cp @ 50% CC

I'm aware there are a massive amount of variables with certain skills critting more than others and if they are "better", then CP becomes more valuable, as it does if your skills are bigger hitting. I don't know if I'm way wide of the mark, but if someone with a better knowledge of this jazz can support, refute or altogether destroy this theory, I'm happy to learn and understand this.
    http://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/l587/Alexking80/sig.jpg
    :: Rift Officer - United Kingdoms ::
    :: Rift Recruitment :: UK Home :: UK Forums ::

Telaran

Personally I reached a point where my crits do 50%+ more damage than my normal hits. From there i tried to make a build that includes more critical hits and such to take advantage of this.

I still can't tell the raw numbers but I think that after 30% crit (Ranger and Sin builds help) you should go for crit power to get more damage.

Also there are many specific skills that increase even more the critical chance which helps a lot in my opinion.
    ☼►Harrow 4evah!!◄☼

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by yazyberry View Post
    Personally I reached a point where my crits do 50%+ more damage than my normal hits. From there i tried to make a build that includes more critical hits and such to take advantage of this.

I still can't tell the raw numbers but I think that after 30% crit (Ranger and Sin builds help) you should go for crit power to get more damage.

Also there are many specific skills that increase even more the critical chance which helps a lot in my opinion.
    I thought the base crit damage was 50% greater than a normal hit and then crit power increased that?
    Last edited by Sariina; 11-20-2012 at 06:48 AM.

I've been trying to determine the same thing as you. So far I've figured out:

AP > Crit Power > Crit

The question is in raids how good is crit power, my thinking it's pretty damn good because of all the crit buffs you get from a raid but I'm leaning towards ap still being better then crit power in raids. It's hard to tell.

It's my understanding that the base for crits is +50% damage (it is no longer max + 50%), your crit power % increases this amount by the percentage in the tooltip. So myself I'm at 7% bonus from crit power so my crits will hit for an extra 57%. Since my crit self buffed is only 16% (5% talents) that's not very good and only amounts to less then 1% extra dps. However, when you factor in raid buffs the value of crit power goes up. I think you get 20 or 25% extra crit from raids (I can't remember since they changed bard crit buffs to stack with others).

Either way I'm probably at 36% or so crit in a raid, so the crit power adding 7% extra damage on a crit with a 36% crit rate means I'm doing about 2.5% more dps, and that's only with 192 crit power so that's pretty damn good.

I also think crit is now next to useless. With 1461 crit self buffed I'm only getting a 11.6 crit chance, so with diminishing returns that means that if the 192 crit power was crit instead it would have next to no effect, less then a 1% extra crit rate I believe.

AP's still good since we now scale at 5:1 ap to dps.

Most of these numbers are theoretical and I'm not 100% sure how crit power effects crits (since there's so much RNG) but I think the logic is right.
    Last edited by Mayi; 11-20-2012 at 07:38 AM.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Mayi View Post
    I've been trying to determine the same thing as you. So far I've figured out:

AP > Crit Power > Crit
    Thats what I have been thinking. As far as raiding goes. Open world PVE its gonna blow.
    Last edited by Neonaraj; 11-20-2012 at 08:30 AM.

Shadowlander

You're correct in crit power being a base of a 1.5 multiplier. So a 1k hit, when critting will hit for 1.5k. However, this is also variable and 1.5 is simply the max, but for sakes of simplicity I've stuck with the theory that all crits will hit for the max of 1.5x.

Also, yes - crit chance has been severely reduced, I too am around 1400? about 12% crit. Obviously in raids this goes up, and as stated above, certain skills have higher crit rates on their own.

Freakin kid crying lol. Moretheory when he's quiet :P
    Last edited by Valix; 11-20-2012 at 08:54 AM.

Telaran

Well, i've stacked a little more than 200 crit power and, with the help of other skills from the build, I can crit over 11k while my normal attack is 6.6k. That extra 10% is really notorious when you have high numbers on single attacks.

Right now i prefer crit power > ap > dex and dont bother to stack up crit chance. Oddly enough my numbers are still rising. (I have around 20% crit unbuffed and my build gives me an extra 15%... sweet~)
    Last edited by yazyberry; 11-20-2012 at 10:53 AM.
    ☼►Harrow 4evah!!◄☼

Just one thing. At least for crit chance it is something like 39 points per crit %. I forget the exact number but it is mid to high 30's now.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by yazyberry View Post
    Well, i've stacked a little more than 200 crit power and, with the help of other skills from the build, I can crit over 11k while my normal attack is 6.6k. That extra 10% is really notorious when you have high numbers on single attacks.

Right now i prefer crit power > ap > dex and dont bother to stack up crit chance. Oddly enough my numbers are still rising. (I have around 20% crit unbuffed and my build gives me an extra 15%... sweet~)
    If you had instead traded all that crit power gear for AP gear though, all of your regular hits would be higher, and your crits would be higher as well since they are based of your regular hits. I think the question still remains which is better to stack.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Sariina View Post
    If you had instead traded all that crit power gear for AP gear though, all of your regular hits would be higher, and your crits would be higher as well since they are based of your regular hits. I think the question still remains which is better to stack.
    Actually... no. There is only 2 main types of gear i have found since lvl 50, the ones with crit hit and the ones with crit power. Tho- I know that there are pure ap gear too, the crit power gear is not that far behind of ap to make you worry. i stacked that gear and am happy with that.

Even though, yes, we need a clear answer about the correct proportion on crit power and ap, but it has to be tested with similar armor/weapons.

I have a new theory now, how about we take ap and crit power like 2 standars to stack up and have crit-focused builds? I have yet to see a pure ap gear that is similar to a crit power+ap one.
    ☼►Harrow 4evah!!◄☼

Shadowlander

So current theory is stack crit power and AP and just let crit chance do it's natural thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Valix View Post
    So current theory is stack crit power and AP and just let crit chance do it's natural thing?
    I think so. At the point where I am in my gear there isn't really a lot of choice either, it's not like a have a bunch of items to choose between. I've been going for 53 hit as the most important stat, then take items with crit power or ap that are dex over str heavy.

The expert gear set looks like there are only 4 good items on it; helm, chest, shoulders and boots. The rest all have crit so I'm planning on getting those four items for my set and using the highest of ap or crit power for the other slots.
    Last edited by Mayi; 11-20-2012 at 02:33 PM.

Does any one know the numbers for the calculation on the SL stats... ie..
    simular to this... =(((((((DEX*1.05)+(STR*1.05))/2)+AP)*1.55)*2)+(DEX*1.05)+Blah)
    not sure its that was wat it was.. but yeah.. any help would be great

It should be pretty similar.

((DEX*1.05)*.75)+((STR*1.05)*.25)+AP)= Total AP
    ((DEX*1.05)+(STR*1.05))/2)+crit)= Total Crit
    Last edited by Mayi; 11-21-2012 at 04:53 AM.

Rift Disciple

i actually looted some armor that had 45dex crit power crit chance and resist all. im thinking if you have double dps stats ie crit power crit chance or ap crit chance or ap crit power you wont have hit on it. im guessing its Hit and one other dps stat other wise.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast