+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Where to start

Plane Walker

Default Where to start

So i left the game pre LFD patch. Partly because i was burnt out. I was working a swing shift and only worked 14 days out of the month. The other reason was rogues at range were weak and people couldnt figure out how to heal melee. Any way Im itching to get back in game but have no idea where to start. Are 51 point builds the best now. I was planning on MM RDPS, Sin MDPS, RS Tank, Bard Support. I dont have storm legion yet so tactician is not available to me atm. If i remember correctly I have a decent amount of what was T1 armor but didnt get too far into end game due to people crapping on rogues and it being very hard to get a group. Any advice on where to start would be great.

Plane Walker

Tryin to answer in order here...

With storm legion out its hard to say whats best for dps specs yet. I think rogues are still trying to figure out and test things. Devs are also changing and tweaking stuff here and there. I'm writing this while theres a patch going on, probably the last one before Thanksgiving weekend I'm betting.

Anyway, MM is still pretty good. Sin isnt the best melee spec atm. I think that title belongs to bladedancer now. RS is still the only tank spec. Theres debate about Tac or Bard being best support. Bard has become much MUCH more enjoyable to play. Should read up on that. It's pretty good.They changed ALOT.

I would say you should get the expansion. It's the best looking game world I've seen in an MMO. Trion truely stepped it up a few notches. Also, there's many specs that are now relying on Tactician soul the way we used to with riftstalker for the HP buff and blinks, or ranger for shadowfire etc. specs are based around 51,54,61 point main, then filling in the rest most times with Tactician and whatever else works for you.

They merged all the NA shards for battlegroups and LFG. Not sure how that's gonna work for you cause not alot are playing the older content right now.If by T1 raiding you mean up to Greenscale and RoS? Then this game has changed soo much, I really dunno where to tell ya to start.

I would read all you can from the 2.0 expansion patch notes. It'll blow your mind =)
    You may want to go back and read the 1.11 patch notes as well. It was a pre-cursor to get us eased into the 2.0 world.

Plane Walker

wow lol. i was thinking T1 as in Iron Tomb Hard Mode lol.

Plane Walker

You know, the most ironic thing is I am completley overwhelmed by the stuff added to the game and where to even start at and people actually thought everything currently in game should of been available at launch. my brain hurts lol.

Plane Walker

Yep, like i said, it'll blow yer mind lol.

Rumor has it they started working on this expansion thing soon after initial release. Sorry I misunderstood what ya meant by T1. I'm a raider so I tend to think in terms of raid progression heh.There are more hard mode dungeons availiable now. Theres even 2-3 man Chronicle instances you can do. They're short, but without knowing what gear you currently have, it may or may not have upgrades for you.

Might be best off looking for a guild thats laid back and does alot of group content. Ease your way back in? /shrug

+ Reply to Thread