+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 4 Post By Zaros
  • 1 Post By Luteuel

Thread: Can Fanfares be instant cast?

Default Can Fanfares be instant cast?

I... Just don't understand why they aren't already.

The fact that Trion consolidated two of them means that they're at least slightly aware of the QoL issue that is fanfares, but they're still really inconvenient, particularly in PVP. Dropping two 3s casts (which, while eating pushback is more like 5s) and having everyone you're trying to buff remain within LoS of you is a nightmare, to the point where I sometimes forgo doing it, because it means you're not healing or doing damage for a painfully long amount of time.

It's not like Bard is in a bad state at the moment, I just think it's silly how there's still this glaring fuctionality issue with fanfares. It'd be really nice if they were instant cast.
    Last edited by Zaros; 11-18-2012 at 05:28 PM.
    ~Quiescent

I've wondered about this too, and like you I don't do Fanfares in warfronts (unless it's the very start, preparation time).
    I do them whenever there's been a combat ress in a raid/group though (if we're not moving), so that's never been an issue.

Don't know why they put 3 sec casting time in there. There is no way instant cast fanfare will make bard overpower or cause imbalance for PVP/PVE.

Rift Master

There's no reason to leave the Fanfares as a cast time. That was one of the things I looked for when the new bard tree came out on Open Beta. Was disappoint that they remained status quo.

Rift Master

I could understand it back before 1.11, when the fanfares offered better stats than the single-stat buffs (40 vs. 52). Would have been a trade off when people were battle rezzed whether it was worth it to buff them or not. However, now that they all provide the same, I think they should be instant cast as well.

On a slightly different vain, can we get it so that a War/Para's Focus of Body doesn't overwrite Fanfare of Power? While I get that it provides a greater Str bonus, that doesn't help the other 3 classes who's primary stat gets blocked by it.

Rift Master

Alright, just checked the skills on http://rift.magelo.com, and they should be providing the same bonus amount (last night, I was 53+ and trained, and I know my wars weren't 60), and I had to get the paragon to turn off FoB so I could get FoP off, which should have been providing at least the same str bonus. Maybe a bug with the stacking order?

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post

The fact that Trion consolidated two of them means that they're at least slightly aware of the QoL issue that is fanfares, but they're still really inconvenient, particularly in PVP. Dropping two 3s casts (which, while eating pushback is more like 5s) and having everyone you're trying to buff remain within LoS of you is a nightmare, to the point where I sometimes forgo doing it, because it means you're not healing or doing damage for a painfully long amount of time.

It's not like Bard is in a bad state at the moment, I just think it's silly how there's still this glaring fuctionality issue with fanfares. It'd be really nice if they were instant cast.
    Them being aura buffs would go miles farther than being instant cast.

This is nothing new though. The bard just went from a 9s downtime of casting fanfaires to 6s. 33% improvement of Fanfaire management time. /shrug. This has been a bugger for a while. Still rather see the aura buffs though.
    Last edited by Violacea; 11-20-2012 at 10:32 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    Them being aura buffs would go miles farther than being instant cast.

This is nothing new though. The bard just went from a 9s downtime of casting fanfaires to 6s. 33% improvement of Fanfaire management time. /shrug. This has been a bugger for a while. Still rather see the aura buffs though.
    I would love for them to be auras, but the fact that it was somehow not possible to make them instant cast makes me feel like asking for auras is too much.

Honestly though I'd just love a reason for why they have a cast time. Archons aren't like that, are they?
    ~Quiescent

It would be nice.. In a raid when people get a battleres you have to find time to cast them before the next big spike damage or movement, all while keeping healing and debuffs up. If they fix it, awesome. If they don't, i'll hang tough.

dbe
    General of Telara

I don't really get it, I normally play a cleric and all my 1 hour buffs are instant.

Because you can't play a little tune in 0 seconds!

I am with the OP that it sucks to have a 3sec cast. i kind of like the aura idea.

I mean, we are playing our music constantly to buff people so when people are out of sight of our music then the buffs should fade away and vice versa for when in range.
    Rogue - <Ascendance>"
    Luteuel@Greybriar, formely Luteuel@Deepwood

Honestly though I'd just love a reason for why they have a cast time. Archons aren't like that, are they?
    Technically they are until you point into a talent in the first tier

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    Technically they are until you point into a talent in the first tier
    Well, we could replace Anthem of Glory. Everyone hates Anthem of Glory.

Quote Originally Posted by mo0trix View Post
    Because you can't play a little tune in 0 seconds!
    That's seriously the only justification I can find. If they weren't casted, it wouldn't fit with the RP Bard aspect of the soul. Still, they could just make a toggled passive like Multiple Oscillations or that thing Tact has that makes Empyrean Ray instant cast.
    Last edited by Zaros; 11-21-2012 at 08:44 AM.
    ~Quiescent

+ Reply to Thread