+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Returning Level 40 Rogue....Any Advice Welcome

Default Returning Level 40 Rogue....Any Advice Welcome

Like many I've come back to try SL. I played Rift from Beta and leveled to 40 on my Rogue before leaving due to my friends all moving to other games.

I was leveling as a Nightblade/Riftstalker/Bard combo and I loved it. I logged on the other day and am a little lost so any help would be awesome. I'm just looking for some solo leveling build advice right now. As I get back into it I'll get some other builds for PVP and grouping.

I'd like to keep Nightblade as my main soul but is that still viable for leveling? Would NB/RS/Tact be a good place to start?

8RS/4Tact is the foundation for most leveling specs. In general, you'll go into a DPS soul to pick up some good AoE, then throw whatever's left into Riftstalker (about 20 points is standard). Bladedancer is the best DPS soul to use for this combo, but Nightblade should still be viable.

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    8RS/4Tact is the foundation for most leveling specs. In general, you'll go into a DPS soul to pick up some good AoE, then throw whatever's left into Riftstalker (about 20 points is standard). Bladedancer is the best DPS soul to use for this combo, but Nightblade should still be viable.
    Thanks for the quick reply. I'll play with both.

Shadowlander

I just returned as well, and started playing my lev. 40 rogue again. I played around with a few specs, then decided to trim the Martian spec from this thread down a bit, and the result was glorious. The new Tactician is absolutely amazing solo - survivability, massive AE dps, simple rotation. At 40 I believe my spec was this, give or take. The rogue's 46 now, and yesterday my brother and I were duoing pulling 6-7 elites in draughtlands and blowing them apart. Since then, I've just been adding points up the marksman tree towards the eventual level 50 martian spec loadout. I highly recommend giving it a shot.
    Last edited by Finnien; 11-20-2012 at 09:29 AM.

Telaran

I've used the tac/RS with a Bladedancer and it's very effective. I'm only 39 I went RS24/BD24/TAC4 the healing from the TAC will keep you up through most fights. I can easily solo small groups up to 3 levels higher then me and Elites up 2 levels higher. Use the rS port abilities with all of its increases. Then do you Precise Strike/Keen strike from BD for your builder. (I throw in phantom blow and the BD ability that can be used after parry/dodge.)

Telaran

Here is the build I've been using the rest of the points will go in BD http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#tp55dGw/x9l44g/Tu
    Last edited by Jakman; 11-20-2012 at 10:04 AM.

+ Reply to Thread