+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tactitian Torrents bugged

Default Tactitian Torrents bugged

Currently, Tactitian torrents do not receive a 200% damage bonus from Fury of the Ascended (or Anti-Planar Augmentation).

Actually, a bit more testing shows that they aren't the only skills. Hundred Blades and Dancing Steel don't seem to benefit, either. Neither does Crossfire.

Obviously, this isn't an exhaustive test, but it seems that any ability that doesn't require a target isn't getting the bonus.

Just read Fury of the Ascended's description more carefully...

Right you are.

Well, there goes the viability of Tactician as an onslaught soloing spec.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    Actually, a bit more testing shows that they aren't the only skills. Hundred Blades and Dancing Steel don't seem to benefit, either. Neither does Crossfire.

Obviously, this isn't an exhaustive test, but it seems that any ability that doesn't require a target isn't getting the bonus.
    Been that way forever, and I believe I remember a post on the forum essentially saying "Yeah, it's intentional."

Yeah, I guess it'd be easier to code that way or something.

It'd be pretty obvious if you had a non-rogue alt that you played somewhat often. Most of the other class' aoe skills don't require an active target... so APA not working on those skills was blatantly obvious.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

Quote Originally Posted by MoonfireSpam View Post
    It'd be pretty obvious if you had a non-rogue alt that you played somewhat often. Most of the other class' aoe skills don't require an active target... so APA not working on those skills was blatantly obvious.
    I never really play my alts outside of dungeons or basic questing, so it never came up.

Tact is still a good Onslaught farming spec given how it parses and has little ramp up time. That being said, you definitely do feel the lack of APA when you're dealing with elites.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyera View Post
    Tact is still a good Onslaught farming spec given how it parses and has little ramp up time. That being said, you definitely do feel the lack of APA when you're dealing with elites.
    People farm non-elite onslaughts?

Plane Walker

Tactician can actually take advantage of invasion mobs to do fury level damage to regular mobs via beam and necrotic bolt. With fury active get regular mobs between you and invasion mob and beam/bolt them down. Works for sure with necrotic bolt, not sure about beam though since you can target allies with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    People farm non-elite onslaughts?
    Sometimes you get regs *shrug*. Still works well for elites. Not as fast but I only ever end up in danger of dying if I get two of the MM-heavy elite pulls. This was 51-52 pulling 54 elites in City Core. ymmv.

Necrotic Bolt is all kinds of amazing though.
    Last edited by Kyera; 11-19-2012 at 12:24 PM.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyera View Post
    Sometimes you get regs *shrug*. Still works well for elites. Not as fast but I only ever end up in danger of dying if I get two of the MM-heavy elite pulls. This was 51-52 pulling 54 elites in City Core. ymmv.

Necrotic Bolt is all kinds of amazing though.
    I got completely wrecked as Tactitian when I was fighting 58-60 elites (as a level 60). By contrast, 61MM with 2x Vampiric Essence was able to farm just fine, because you get three times the life leech with APA up, and Sentry Battery hits like a truck.

Fair enough, it's entirely possible it falls apart there. I'm still in 56-57 territory.

+ Reply to Thread