+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tact pvp spec?

Telaran

Default Tact pvp spec?

Hey there guys, i've been trying to come up with a decent dps spec based on Tact for pvp, I can't seem to find any however- Either i get no KBs, or end up stealing them. Any ideas on a build that works well in pvp and a few tips on how to play tact well? pve is pretty much just back peddling it seems.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

I'm putting together a PvP writeup on my site for Tactician. At the moment I'm using this:

41 Tac / 20 MM / 8 NB

It is a bit squishy, but it deals good damage. I'm not going to get into the nitty gritty of every single thing you can do, but basically you don't even put Torrents on your bar, except Glacial Torrent for the snare. Use Empyrean Core and play full ranged, using Infernal Beam and Empyrean Bolt.

When you have 5 CPs, look for a target of opportunity and hit them with Empyrean Ray followed by an immediate Necrotic Bolt. Give Emp Ray a split second to hit first so that they are below 30% when your NB hits. This way you can use it again if the first one doesn't get them.

In AOE situations (like Port Scion), just latch your Infernal Beam on someone in the back and then fire NB at anything below 30% health.

If you get in trouble, you can pop a defensive remote and heal yourself a bit by switching to Curative Engine, Curative Core, Curative Remote, Curative Blast and Curative Torrent. Individually they aren't much, but if you use them all together its a good amount of healing.

Telaran

Thanks dude I've been playing with a similar spec however its more geared towards pve, as far as torrents iv been using them guess ill have to rethink my approach, looking forward to your write up

+ Reply to Thread