+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Bye Bye Big Bard Heals

Default Bye Bye Big Bard Heals

BARD
    * Motif of Bravery: Fixed tooltip so it shows a 1% Critical Hit chance increase, rather than 5%.
    * Invigorated Soul: Cadence now heals party or raid members for 2-6% of your Attack Power, down from 4-12%.
    * Chord of Inspiration: Power Chord now heals party or raid members for 3-9% of your Attack Power, down from 5-15%. Now has a chance to critically hit.
    * Coda of Restoration, Motif of Regeneration, Verse of Vitality: Healing reduced.
    * Verse of Vitality: Now heals up to 5 group members.
    * Harmonic Distortion: Healing done has been increased.

Ugh!
    Processor: Intel i5 2500K @ 3.3Ghz
    Memory: Kingston HyperX Blu 8GB DDR3
    Graphics: EVGA Geforce GTX 560Ti 1GB
    OS Drive: SAMSUNG 840 Pro Series 256GB SATA III SSD (Win 7 Pro 64-bit)
    Motherboard: ASUS P8Z68-V LX

Tactician will be your go to healing soul now.

I'm a bit chaffed over the verse of vitality change. They pretty much made bards only useful in 5 man's and as buff bots in raids at this point. While I was already planning on going tactician, it makes me want to dump my 51 bard build after seeing these changes.
    Last edited by Elvirnith; 11-13-2012 at 10:11 AM.

Plane Walker

All AoE healing was reduced.

Telaran

Every raid heal spec on the game have been tuned down, so bard is still usefull as a raid healer + buffer
    Last edited by Exterm; 11-13-2012 at 10:17 AM.
    Exterm@Brisesol <Mea Culpa>

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Elvirnith View Post
    I'm a bit chaffed over the verse of vitality change. They pretty much made bards only useful in 5 man's and as buff bots in raids at this point. While I was already planning on going tactician, it makes me want to dump my 51 bard build after seeing these changes.
    Trouble is that in 5 mans bards don't puff people enough to really matter. Maybe they will be useful as the leveling dungeons and the first week or two of experts... but after that people will be geared enough so it's "Just switch DPS" for bards.

Quote Originally Posted by Sariina View Post
    Trouble is that in 5 mans bards don't puff people enough to really matter. Maybe they will be useful as the leveling dungeons and the first week or two of experts... but after that people will be geared enough so it's "Just switch DPS" for bards.
    Except they actually do enough DPS now where staying Bard is viable even if the healing isn't needed. Unless you're really really good at DPS which a lot of people aren't. This is also true for Archon and BM who don't bring the healing either.

Quote Originally Posted by Venditte View Post
    Tactician will be your go to healing soul now.
    On beta, Tactician healing was brought down just as well as the rest of the AoE healing souls.
    AoE heals across all classes was brought down comparatively, as well as boss AoE damage.
    Last edited by Rootyy; 11-13-2012 at 10:33 AM.
    Rootyy@Greybriar <Too Many Buttons>
    12/13 T1 || 2/4 GA
    Reality is for people who don't play video games.
    Rootyy == Moirain == Euphemia == Saiyu

Just go Tactician and dps/heal. Aoe, dps, and healing are good for 5 mans now, and Tact is just behind warden I believe for aoe raid healing, just have to practice using it to become better.

The reduced healing is fine, but why did they nerf our only raid heal to only affecting 5 party members? This is a huge change and it makes the primary purpose of having a bard in a raid pretty much go away. The buffs are great, but you lose DPS by having someone go bard - and on top of that, they can't even heal the entire raid anymore.

So, if the only purpose of having a bard is for the buffs then it's pretty much the worst soul in the game at this point since all you're required to do is stand around and not die.

Keeping raid damage and healing low is a good thing. It means we don't get the situation we had pre-SL where you could top ten people off in a single cast and AoEs would hit the raid for 90% of their health.

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    Keeping raid damage and healing low is a good thing. It means we don't get the situation we had pre-SL where you could top ten people off in a single cast and AoEs would hit the raid for 90% of their health.
    Agreed. 'Twas scary things.
    It was also mentioned by Daglar(?) somewhere that a primary intent of it was to not negate the need for a tank healer, since the AoE heals were simply too strong to negate that need.
    Rootyy@Greybriar <Too Many Buttons>
    12/13 T1 || 2/4 GA
    Reality is for people who don't play video games.
    Rootyy == Moirain == Euphemia == Saiyu

I'll miss chaining VoV and CoR for big raid dmg, and then using Cadenza to reset Vov's cd so it's ready again...

It still might be useful, would have to see the #s tho

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post

Remember that as you wipe, wipe, wipe x100 in SL

Soulwalker

My bard's damage was pretty insane and that seemed to be doing fine if they lowered it a bit, but the healing? Is the sole purpose so that "parties will not depend on a pathetic little song to save them" or is it because our healing was doing more than was expected from a rogue class?

My personal opinion is that the healing did not need to be reduced, and I hope that I can still hold my own being a bard after the expansion, if not I will be forced to toss it, its purpose was not healing yes i agree. But my purpose was support, something other than massive damage and remain useful to a party of experts or a party of bums, I fit in both and now where will I fit?....in the tossed out trash.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast