+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Returning player looking for build crtique.

Telaran

Default Returning player looking for build crtique.

I have not played for a long time. Long enough for every build on every character I have to have been reset and become mostly invalid.

I am looking at building my Defiant Eth rogue for which I had only two builds. I know I want one to be a sab/tact build, but I will wait to try and put it together due to loosing internet for most of the weekend.

What I have managed to do is cobble together this build.

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree/b...8iagla2/yhiiwG

For the most part I am looking at using mostly the flame attacks to go with an Eth desert RP type of build.

Anything I should change on it? I took the MM abilities due to Increased Fire Power supposedly being better than a passive buff to damage due to the way it is calculated.

Assassin is for damage buffs and increased stealth.

Telaran

I had a thought that I could replace MM with tactician and take both T1s. That would give me 5% extra damage and 10% extra resist and armor along with a buff that heals me when I get hit. That would make me a little more durable.

Telaran

Nobody has an opinion on whether this build is good or not?

What do you want to do with this build? Is it for soloing? PvP? AoE in dungeons? Bosses?

Telaran

Just the regular stuff you do while playing. Mostly solo, with some grouping and an occasional dungeon. I am not really into raids that much. I will try them to see what they are like and if I find one that is fun do it. Right now that character has 30 points to spend, so i have a bit of leveling to do.

Quote Originally Posted by High_Marshal View Post
    Just the regular stuff you do while playing. Mostly solo, with some grouping and an occasional dungeon. I am not really into raids that much. I will try them to see what they are like and if I find one that is fun do it. Right now that character has 30 points to spend, so i have a bit of leveling to do.
    You're going to want very different builds for each of those things. A build that's good at soloing will generally have very poor DPS for dungeons, for instance. There is no "one-size-fits-all", which is why you have access to up to six role slots.

The build you've come up with is, unfortunately, going to be fairly ineffective at both soloing and group content.

For any kind of group content, 51-point builds are the way to go. Marksman is probably the best ranged soul for dungeons, due to the utility it brings. Nightblade isn't bad, but you will find that it's more difficult to play if you don't have Living Energy/Fervor to reduce the energy cost on Dusk Strike, because the rotation is very energy-intensive, unlike Bladedancer.

For soloing, you're going to want to focus on AoE damage and self-heals. Bladedancer/Riftstalker/Tactitian is the best option here, but putting 4 in Tactitian and 8 in RS will make a decent solo build out of most souls.
    Last edited by Muspel; 11-15-2012 at 04:46 PM.

Telaran

I do plan on making a build that is pretty much tactician and saboteur, though I haven't decided on a build yet.

If shade isn't as good, then maybe I will go with with an assassin build or try the battle bard from the selection.

It looks like an identity crisis unless you have a special use for it.

NB is missing all the good opening finishers, the snare that increase targets taken damage by 10%, Scourge of Darkness etc. Then it is paired with assassin. Excess weapon enchantments, one soul grants bonus to more physical attacking, the other grants more bonus to magical attacking. Expose weakness is no good for NB stuff. Talents like Unstable State and Scorch and Wither do nothing helpful for assassin attacks really.

The NB tree is missing so much stuff to make a solid NB spec. The Sin tree is missing so much stuff to make a good sin spec. I conclude with identity crisis.

Without you saying what you are doing it for, I honestly cannot tell if you are going to try to play a sin oriented spec or NB one. Either way, the souls don't compliment each other that greatly, at least in the way you arranged them. Even utility wise, what does it do? Perma stealth and a 2m cd heal for 50% hp? I might be missing the intention of the spec but, I don't see anything it does noteworthy. Too many chefs in the kitchen and none of them have enough ingredients.
    Last edited by Violacea; 11-15-2012 at 06:21 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Telaran

What I was trying to do was use NB for most of the attacks except for s few sin stealth attacks and use the sin points to try and bolster the damage of the NB attacks. That is why I didn't (I think) take any of the sin traits that boost physical attacks.

I had originally planned for a sin build, but thought that a non physical attack build might do more damage so tried to do a NB build with sin to boost it along. I guess I didn't do so good. Too much has changed in the last year.

Telaran

I think for my single target build, I am going to just go with 61 sin/11 rs/4 tac. I will work out a fun AoE build using tac/sab and then a ranged build later.

+ Reply to Thread