+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sin leveling build?

Shadowlander

Default Sin leveling build?

I still have access to beta and I dont see a huge need to have an AOE spec based on how spread out mobs are. Does anyone have a decent spec using sin as the main soul to level with? Looking for decent dps thats doesnt have to drink after every kill. I have been searching this forum and the beta and it doesnt seem like anyone is trying a SIN setup.

A lot of the Sin info out there is very dated. But this you knew. A few of the guide writers sites I've been to have tags about a Sin build that say "coming soon" or something to that effect. If you've been using Sin a while, then the basic way the class works is unchanged, so until you hit 60 a big rework over the old stuff probably isn't necessary (if then), with the exception of reworking some macros and keybinds that are self explanatory when you look at the tooltips.

At 52 I'm using a 53 sin/ 8 blade dancer/ 7 ranger spec and it's fairly handy with slip away, thread of death, quick shot and head shot. The ranged abilities are nice to tag mobs that are out of melee range so you can still get credit for contribution on kills for things like onslaught or whatever.
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#x8s/ykFiGan2Fkg/z8q

Here is a link to another 51 sin variant.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...ch-1-11-a.html

Sword of Telara

putting 21 points into blade dancer will give you meditative trance along with some nice dmg boost if the points were used properly. but i woldnt worry about potions anyways they stack up to 99 now and they are very inexpensive

I've been running a 41 sin build with 4 tac rest in RS, between leeching and the curative engine buff from tac makes for a 400ish HOT and boosted recovery and the perma-steath we all love so much. With guard phase up I have no problems soloing elites 2-3 levels higher, tbh my HP's hardly even move. I went high enough in rs to get vortex and rift barrier which is most of the aoe in this build, I have necrotic torrent but really only use it to range pull mobs since the ticks are so low it works out better to just st burn and that keep boosted recovery up most of the time.

Deep Sin isn't anywhere near the fastest build to level with, btw. Good ST dps, better ST dps in a group, of course. But the aoe is lacking, and taking on multiple mobs can get you overwhelmed.

Other people have posted better leveling builds with more durability and some aoe.

Having said all that, I enjoy leveling with a Sin build. It's fast for quest completion due to the ability to stealth around things you don't want to mess with, and it feels like the traditional EQ1 rogue so it gives me a bit of nostalgia.
    Last edited by Khatovar; 11-14-2012 at 05:49 PM.

There aren't very many opportunities to gather up a nice clump of mobs to mow down, and when you do find them the respawn rate on them is far from optimal for a nice grind. And stuff really starts hurting in the higher end of the 50's... when you are more likely to be undergeared for the level because you're unwilling to trade a dps hit for more endurance and armor on the greens and blues.

Specs that pick apart single mobs work out just fine
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

Quote Originally Posted by MoonfireSpam View Post
    There aren't very many opportunities to gather up a nice clump of mobs to mow down, and when you do find them the respawn rate on them is far from optimal for a nice grind. And stuff really starts hurting in the higher end of the 50's... when you are more likely to be undergeared for the level because you're unwilling to trade a dps hit for more endurance and armor on the greens and blues.

Specs that pick apart single mobs work out just fine
    Started replacing my Reaper gear at 53, getting quite a few upgrades at 55. When it's time for gear to go, it's time for it to go. Even if it is green.
    Last edited by Khatovar; 11-16-2012 at 06:23 AM.

+ Reply to Thread