+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Storm Legion Solo Builds

Telaran

Default Storm Legion Solo Builds

With Storm Legion so close I have been looking at dps, tanking, support and healing (ish) specs, but am struggling to find something that feels like a comfortable spec for running round EI (or whatever the SL equivalent is).

Best I have been able to put together is something like http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree/b.../tkkGlkgB48/Tu but just not sure the self healing will cover the gap.

Anyone been able to come up with something that has stealth + slip away, decent aoe, and good survivability? Most of what I saw in the guides section was either missing stealth or covering healing through bard/tact, which may not be so strong given latest changes.

For a solo build I don't understand being so ST focused. Something more like this seems to make more sense..
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree/b.../tkGl5kgwg/Th0

Good ST, surviveability, AoE, mobility etc. I've found mobility > than stealth in soloing.
    Last edited by Galibier; 11-10-2012 at 06:28 AM.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

Telaran

Thanks for the reply Galibier. I will have a play around with that build when next on beta/SL. Is the AoE using RS abilities with planar splash not really worth using over BD given deadly dance? I had just aimed to pick up general damage increases in sin with a view to using pure RS attacks and swapping to planar splash + the aoe finisher as required.

Think I am just too used to my old solo spec which got deadly dance and full stealth abilities. Unfortunately things have been pushed just a little too high up the trees in the recent changes.

Because the mobs are quite spread apart, focusing on ST seems better.

R60 Rogue | Icewatch EU | FT 4/4 | EE 5/5 | HM 4/4 | GA 3/4 |YouTube | Twitch.tv

First it's Beta, I would not be surprised if the mob density increased on real launch.

Also with tac I found it real easy to tag mobs at range and then AoE at will. Made for quick work of those quests (I forget the name) where just killing a mob gave you a quest straight away that said "kill 20 of X" with the Stone award.

OP. It depends on the fight. First BD AoE finisher does more damage and triggers deadly dance. What I usually do is 5 targets or less, use RS AoE finisher for the debuff only. More than 6 targets RS finisher. I also pop down the Tac death core. You would be surprised at how dps that gizmo can put out. Between Stalker phase, planar boost, deadly dance, ruthless stalker and constant deviation your dps on easy trash is pretty silly. Tougher stuff and you have the extra cool downs, an pop Guardian phase and the dps is still fair, especially AoE with vortex and again the Tac gizmo.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

There is absolutely no reason to go so deep into RS. You are picking up a lot of redundant survivability and sacrificing copious amounts of damage to get there. Regardless of what is said, Planar Vortex is not good DPS, even with Constant Deviation.

There's also no point in going more than 4 Tac for leveling. The cores are fairly useless outside group settings.

http://www.dunsparrow.com/2012/11/06/bladedancer-solo/

Thats the build I'll be using. I might also consider dropping some BD to boost up to 27 RS, but I wouldn't go any deeper than 27. BD has good AOE without sacrificing any ST. It will definitely be able to handle most situations.

Remember, the only thing that really matters in a solo build is how many mobs you can kill per minute. It doesn't matter if you can tank 7 mobs at a time with a deep RS build when it takes you 2 minutes to kill them all.

In my testing the 8 pt core did 150-200 per target for 1 gcd every 15 seconds. It hits up to 10 targets. You can put the extra points into aoe for dps or survivability.

I havent tested all builds but just saying the core is very nice.

Also the purpose of the riftstalker variants is aoe dps and easily preventing tethering so you can drag large #s of mobs to an area and kill them.

As you go deeper in sl, mobs in many areas seem more spread out and a morr single target focused spec could provide handy.
    Last edited by Hodor; 11-10-2012 at 10:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunharrow View Post
    There is absolutely no reason to go so deep into RS. You are picking up a lot of redundant survivability and sacrificing copious amounts of damage to get there. Regardless of what is said, Planar Vortex is not good DPS, even with Constant Deviation.

There's also no point in going more than 4 Tac for leveling. The cores are fairly useless outside group settings.

Thats the build I'll be using. I might also consider dropping some BD to boost up to 27 RS, but I wouldn't go any deeper than 27. BD has good AOE without sacrificing any ST. It will definitely be able to handle most situations.

Remember, the only thing that really matters in a solo build is how many mobs you can kill per minute. It doesn't matter if you can tank 7 mobs at a time with a deep RS build when it takes you 2 minutes to kill them all.
    Dun I just went that deep because I want to see how stupid big mobs I can pull. Unless they nerfed the stuffing out of the elite planar invasions the survivability will be needed, at least with my total lack of tank gear. Those things were hitting like a truck and all their little adds were also elite. Being able to go tank mode and still do decent AoE DPS thanks to Vortex has it's uses in such situations, as does the extra damage reduction from Tac.

Additionally on pulls of 4 or more mobs I was getting as high as 300 dps from the death core alone. For an extra 4 points having between 250-300 dps that is essentially constant and off GCD during the encounter...how is that not useful in a group setting?

I am probably on live also going to mess with a build that stops at 27 in RS. Going 41 isn't really necessary with the add on of the HoT to Rejuv. I just think you are selling 8 in Tac a little short. This is my dps biased version

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree/b...ig/t98EGw8/T90

I do think you sell something else short with the more tanky version that goes at least deep enough to get Constant deviation. If you can take the 20% extra damage constant deviation is damn frightening. It is a self buff so it is multiplicative on top of planar boost. So in stalker phase you get 20% from C.D., 5% from stalker phase (20% after plane shifting) and 10% from Planar boost. That is 50% multiplicative damage boost (since they are according to Zibnik additive in the same group). For getting extra HP and damage reduction. Doesn't seem like a bad trade imo.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Dunharrow View Post

This build is worst than any 51pt dps soul build at low levels and will get destroyed with multiple mobs at higher levels.

I think this is going to be my go to build...
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree/b.../tt9ayG8g8/Th0

I may move the one point in dancing steel and put it into phantom blow for the additional heal with the RS crystal but same as you Durango I remember mobs hitting HARD when soloing and the dps from the build makes me laugh at the old solo spec even when it is more survivable, especially when you can pop C.D.

I'll be running this one at launch.

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...ling-spec.html

Probably dump a few points into Tactician as I level up to get the healing engine.

With the rather large nerfs to bard healing (on beta atm) I think the survivability as you progress through the new zones is going to be VERY questionable. As an example...invigorated soul was cut in half, the dps and hps of power cord is also reduced and Ailion very strongly defended his action. What you see in your link was posted before the global healing nerf which focused on Bard.

I could perhaps see a deep tactician having decent survivability, I just don't want to mess around with positioning while soloing. Since they added a 150% AP HoT to RS on a mobs death it still seems the way to go.

Well, I'm hoping the deficit in healing from Bard will be offset by some of those early Tactitian talents, like the 3% reduced damage and the Curative Engine. Plus the Necrotic Core should help burn down groups of mobs as I use Coda of Fury. I'll try it out. I hope it's still valid, I've enjoyed bard solo since 1.11.
    Last edited by Elge; 11-10-2012 at 03:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elge View Post
    Well, I'm hoping the deficit in healing from Bard will be offset by some of those early Tactitian talents, like the 3% reduced damage and the Curative Engine. Plus the Necrotic Core should help burn down groups of mobs as I use Coda of Fury. I'll try it out. I hope it's still valid, I've enjoyed bard solo since 1.11.
    Even pre nerf I think bard would have failed deep in. Look at the response of non-raiders when they first went to solo EI. Multiply that by a bit at 60. I wish you well with the test and depending on your gear it may well start well. My favorite solo spec before they broke deadly dance from working with it was battle bard just because I have really liked barding since launch.

Those mobs just hit REAL hard near 60 and I can pretty much promise that if you are used to killing elite planar invaders now...get out of the habit because they will own the bard spec soloer...maybe even tactician because the heals are all channels and HoTs designed to support a raid not keep up an individual while you face gets punched in. Not only is the boss elite but so is the rest of the group.

I was having a really easy time with 61ass/4tact/11rs. The assassin charge only has an 8s CD, so you have pretty good mobility and I was soloing level 60 elites pretty easily. While leveling, I'm not so sure about solo builds, but I'm playing full bard while my friend goes full shaman DPS when SL goes live.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast