+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Why would a raid bring any rogue?

Default Why would a raid bring any rogue?

We are not the best ranged dps, not the best meless dps not the best support class, the raid healer was a lie. So basicly your raid has no use for the current rogue.

I am totally confused as to what they were thinking when they made all of the specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguarundi View Post
    We are not the best ranged dps, not the best meless dps not the best support class, the raid healer was a lie. So basicly your raid has no use for the current rogue.

I am totally confused as to what they were thinking when they made all of the specs.
    1. Wait until Tuesday
    2. bard stacks with Archon/BM they do not stack so wth would you not
    3. Have you payed a Tac in a raid?
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Galibier View Post
    1. Wait until Tuesday
    2. bard stacks with Archon/BM they do not stack so wth would you not
    3. Have you payed a Tac in a raid?
    Yes I have done tact in a raid, it has maybe two spellls that are usefull, the bard is a joke. it is just there for renasonce. Nothing worth playing that I have seen.

Cleric supprt does better than tact, bard welll ok you get one buff that is worth something, but can you reallly say for one buff it is worth bringing. Tact is not a raid healer as promised, it has one usefull spell. the rest are better handled by clerick mages and warriors.
    Last edited by Jaguarundi; 11-09-2012 at 07:29 PM.

Forgot to mentiion ranged dps is better on mages and warriors , and melee dps is outdone by a a warrior

So I see nothing that a rogue brings to a raid at this point,
    Last edited by Jaguarundi; 11-09-2012 at 07:37 PM.

Ascendant

Bard = Required, and actually is the best support!
    Tact = As good of an AoE healer as Chloro or Warden with better raid wide damage reduction CDs
    Rogue MDPS ~= Any other classes MDPS at SL release
    Rogue RDPS ~= Any other classes RDPS at SL release

Ascendant

Yes I have done tact in a raid, it has maybe two spellls that are usefull, the bard is a joke. it is just there for renasonce. Nothing worth playing that I have seen.
    Apparently you are bad at Tact. Tact can heal as well if not better than Chloro/Warden

Cleric supprt does better than tact, bard welll ok you get one buff that is worth something, but can you reallly say for one buff it is worth bringing. Tact is not a raid healer as promised, it has one usefull spell. the rest are better handled by clerick mages and warriors.
    Bard contributes significantly to raid DPS on the order of 5-10%. It is also capable of doing reasonable levels of AoE healing, has the only raid wide resource increase CD in the game, a 15% raid wide damage increase, a raid wide shield, etc.

Bards are basically irreplaceable in a raid setting.

I'm sorry you cannot understand how to play rogue nor the benefits and capabilities that rogues bring to a raid.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

Tactician is the best AOE healer in the game in many situations. At other times its slightly below a warden or chloro. It can also do very nice AOE damage in the same spec. Never is it useless.

Bard is the single best support class in the game. It does decent damage, has a bit of healing and offers a huge plethora of buffs, including unique buffs that no other class has, like Resonance and Orchestra of the Planes.

Riftstalker has the best mobility and best non-physical mitigation of any spec in the game, plus the best array of defensive cooldowns. Any raid will do fine with a RS main tank.

Our DPS is behind, no question. But that does not mean there is no place for a rogue in a raid. I have always made a policy of bringing the best player to the raid, no matter their class. I'll still do that in SL.

And by the way, you wouldn't make the cut. But its not because you're a rogue.

To add to this, even if we were behind at the top of the playing field, the majority of guilds will have someone who outperforms the others despite their class. And even at the top, the gear variety helps with progression rather than having 10 warriors fight over the same piece while the leather is trashed!
    Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo ("If I cannot deflect the will of Heaven, I shall move Hell")

Tact is pretty damn fun in raid. Shame I am leaving the rogue class on tuesday. But I will still scold baddie rogues who can't play one of rogues funnest specs.

Wannabe Mage Guide Writer
    6/6 Dragons
    A website for all your Rift needs
    www.riftscene.com

Because warriors finally got their dps gifts cut from 2% to 1%? The "okay we were Op but balancing us so close to launch is just wrong" complaints are damn silly.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

So far from what I've seen the strength of rogues are maneuverability, tanking and support. I'd say we easily have the best support souls. Maneuverability isn't something to be scoffed at, it's one of the reasons sabs always does so well in aoe dps pre and post 1.11 but stormcaller has always parsed higher on the dummy.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

MNM
    Prophet of Telara

Cleric supprt
    What?

No really, what?

Rift Disciple

people good at their class will never ask why their class (no matter how underpowered) would have a raid spot

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by crowgora211232 View Post
    people good at their class will never ask why their class (no matter how underpowered) would have a raid spot
    So good at class = stupid?

You are confused - there is no spot for you in raid but it's not due to a class choice.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast