+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Issue with Marksman and Storm Legion Mobs

Prophet of Telara

Default Issue with Marksman and Storm Legion Mobs

My main is a Marksman in ID gear, 51mm 10 sin 5nb is my build and for the life of me I cannot get a critical hit on any Storm Legion Commando's in Sanctum on the live shard, I have tried for over 30 minutes fully buffed and still no crits. My cleric is in full HK gear with a Shaman build and crits almost every time. This has to be a bug of some kind, anyone else have the same problem?

Prophet of Telara

Confirmed, I had a guild mate try to critically hit a Storm Legion Commando in a Marksman spec and he could not do it either, So this is a bug atm

Can someone at Trion please also confirm this. I hope this doesn't effect the Storm Legion content for us Marksman in a few days

Prophet of Telara

Also tested in a 51 Assassin build for 30 minutes, Confirmed zero critical hits as well

Just tested this out myself. I was able to get a critical hit with Rapid Fire shot the very first time I tried it, but anything after that never critted.

I even tried Bulls-eye, and didn't get any crits. The buff just stayed on me and nothing would trigger it.

This also appears to be an issue with the Storm Legion golems for the IAs. Maybe it affects all of the IA mobs, but I'm too lazy to test it.
    Last edited by Muspel; 11-06-2012 at 07:14 PM.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

Its the meridian IA mobs. Doesn't matter because you'll never use Marksman again. They completely destroyed the spec.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Dunharrow View Post
    Its the meridian IA mobs. Doesn't matter because you'll never use Marksman again. They completely destroyed the spec.
    This saddens me so much! I've been a proud Marksman since 1.3 in one capacity or another.
    Raenryong@Deepwood R69 ~ Amathys@Zaviel (Rogue)
    Serefina@Deepwood R66 ~ Solserefina@Zaviel (Warrior)
    Seraena@Deepwood R80 ~ Seraena@Zaviel R70 (Cleric)
    Avalonia@Deepwood R66 ~ Avalonia@Zaviel (Mage)
    <Dauntless> ~ <Excellence>

Wait, what?

Champion of Telara

Melee rogues are going to pull at least 1k dps more than ranged rogues in sl. Better start getting used to being melee!

Quote Originally Posted by Indasoth View Post
    Wait, what?
    On Beta they nerfed Shoot to Kill by half, and additionally nerfed Silver Tip, Rapid Fire Shot and Deadeye Shot. This is in addition to the damage nerfs in PvP of Rapid Fire Shot and Deadeye Shot, and Shoot to Kill no longer having any effect in PvP.

Its basically a massive, knee-jerk reaction to the fact that rogues actually had a viable PvP spec. Can't have that. Regardless, Marksman is dead, it would seem.

Rift Chaser

I've only read about the nerfs in pvp, not nerfs in general on the finishers and Shoot to Kill, where do you get that info from?

And the 6% damage decrease in Silver Tip Munitions has been placed in Static Shock Munitions.

Quote Originally Posted by Temo View Post
    I've only read about the nerfs in pvp, not nerfs in general on the finishers and Shoot to Kill, where do you get that info from?

And the 6% damage decrease in Silver Tip Munitions has been placed in Static Shock Munitions.
    Yeah, thats not how math works, unfortunately. You and Ailion may think that 6% additive is the same as 6% multiplicative, but its actually not.

Patch notes were being read over Mumble. I don't remember where he saw them.

I would like to think I'm wrong, but I've seen the reactionary nerfing every time rogues manage to find a decent PvP spec. Its completely in line with Trion's past behavior.
    Last edited by Dunharrow; 11-07-2012 at 07:08 AM.

Yeah, thats not how math works, unfortunately. You and Ailion may think that 6% additive is the same as 6% multiplicative, but its actually not.

Patch notes were being read over Mumble. I don't remember where he saw them.

I would like to think I'm wrong, but I've seen the reactionary nerfing every time rogues manage to find a decent PvP spec. Its completely in line with Trion's past behavior.
    MM was a bit more than "decent" in pvp

Quote Originally Posted by kronor View Post
    MM was a bit more than "decent" in pvp
    Every other class hits harder and has more survivability. Based on your signature I understand the whining though. Warriors are not used to rogues being anything more than a Bloodthirsty proc.

Champion of Telara

Every other class hits harder and has more survivability.
    Eh, original was possibly excessively sarcastic.

Im simply amazed you think MM has the lowest survivability of any class
    Last edited by Pett; 11-07-2012 at 07:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pett View Post
    Eh, original was possibly excessively sarcastic.

Im simply amazed you think MM has the lowest survivability of any class
    I forgot the rule of Rift: Balance is a warrior facerolling you into the dirt.

Your sig doesn't specify, but your main is a warrior, right? I can't imagine that a Mage or Cleric would actually make the claim that mobility=survivability.

Staying in combat and not dying is survivability. Fleeing in terror when someone looks at you is not.
    Last edited by Dunharrow; 11-07-2012 at 07:51 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast