+ Reply to Thread

Thread: " On Guard " in the Riftstalker soul, does not increase chance to deflect

Telaran

Default " On Guard " in the Riftstalker soul, does not increase chance to deflect

" On Guard " in the Riftstalker soul, does not increase chance to deflect.

Posted this in the Beta forums, but doesnt seem to be addressed yet.

Every point into it is supposed to increase amount deflected and chance to deflect by 1 percent to cap at 5 percent. Amount deflected is working, but Chance to deflect remains the same.

Plane Walker

It's working for me.

Edit: Are you talking about on live, or in beta?
    Last edited by Golladan; 11-04-2012 at 08:10 PM.

Telaran

Both Live and Beta.

Switching to different builds( points into On Guard in only one build) and poping exact same buffs. Build with On guard Deflects more but deflect chance is the same.

Reseting build and adding 1 point to On Guard and saving with that new point added, makes a differnce in Amount deflected by 1 percent , but no change in Chance to deflect. Did this one point at a time saving after each and only Amount delfected went up to cap at 35% once all 5 points were put into it. Chance to Deflect did not change each time.

If you try it make sure you are using the same dex buffs or making note if your using soul tree talents from another tree that raise dex. In my testing used same buffs and talents with the difference being On Guard.

How long did you parse for?
    Because it could have been a bad sample if you didn't run it for very long.
    Nope.

Plane Walker

I tried it with 0 points in the other souls. I checked my deflect without On Guard and with it. The talent is working for me.

On Guard doesn't increase the rating by 5%, it increases the chance itself by 5%. So while your Deflect rating remains the same, the deflect chance should go up. The tooltip will show something like 38% (33 + 5), where the 5 is from On Guard.

Even with Guardian Phase off you'll still see the 5% chance increase. Though whether you'll actually deflect anything or not I don't know.

Telaran

Yeah, rating I didnt expect to change or see any change, but chance to deflect remains the same and it doesnt show me 34+5 or anything like that. It could be a tool tip issue in that it is working, but 5 points into is 0 change in chance to deflect, but does raise amount deflected.

Right now with no points into on guard, my chance to Deflect is 37.63, with 5 points into my chance to delfect still remains 37.63

This may be just a tool tip error.

Plane Walker

That is really odd.

Plane Walker

Have you checked what happens if you start taking your gear off to bring your deflect down? Could be the talent isn't increasing your deflect past a certain point, the tooltip isn't showing it past that point.

Telaran

yeah, think i will try that with no gear on and see what happens.

Definitely working for me, in ID tank gear.

Side-by-side comparison: Attachment 8353
    Last edited by Muspel; 11-08-2012 at 08:20 AM.

Rift Chaser

In the description the amount is not correct though. The percentages displayed in yellow show it correctly, but in both white description fields you can see 40,53%. Probably a typo.

Quote Originally Posted by Temo View Post
    In the description the amount is not correct though. The percentages displayed in yellow show it correctly, but in both white description fields you can see 40,53%. Probably a typo.
    That's how it's supposed to be. The white text tells you how much deflect you're getting from the deflect rating on your gear. On Guard doesn't raise your deflect rating, therefore it doesn't display in that section, only in the total.

The fact that it adds in the %mitigation part to the white text block is technically a bug, but since it doesn't show that total up top, it gets left in regardless so you can see how much you'll be reducing hits by.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    That's how it's supposed to be. The white text tells you how much deflect you're getting from the deflect rating on your gear. On Guard doesn't raise your deflect rating, therefore it doesn't display in that section, only in the total.

The fact that it adds in the %mitigation part to the white text block is technically a bug, but since it doesn't show that total up top, it gets left in regardless so you can see how much you'll be reducing hits by.
    It does increase your deflect rating, because if not, what does it do then? You're also saying it doesn't increase your mitigation through deflect. So it doesn't increase your deflect chance and it doesn't increase your deflect mitigation?

On Guard increases your deflect rating, so it should also show up in the white text part. Maybe that 5% was added to the mitigation % in that white text part. Instead of +5 to the percentage on deflect mitigation, it should've been +5 on the deflect chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Temo View Post
    It does increase your deflect rating, because if not, what does it do then? You're also saying it doesn't increase your mitigation through deflect. So it doesn't increase your deflect chance and it doesn't increase your deflect mitigation?

On Guard increases your deflect rating, so it should also show up in the white text part. Maybe that 5% was added to the mitigation % in that white text part. Instead of +5 to the percentage on deflect mitigation, it should've been +5 on the deflect chance.
    It increases your deflect chance, not your deflect rating. It's just like how crit talents raise your crit percentage without raising your crit rating.

I wonder why they left the bit in there about "Deflect rating of X increases amount deflected by Y" when it doesn't work that way anymore?
    Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo ("If I cannot deflect the will of Heaven, I shall move Hell")

+ Reply to Thread