Build is:

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#y8/x8khl9lai8/wk

51 BD / 10 NB / 5 SIN

Buffs:
    Combat Preparation
    Virulent Poison
    Hellfire Blades

Macros:
    None! Part of why this build is fun, you have to get a rhythm going. Probably what the designers intended.

What you do:
    Ideally... Open with Stealth and use Assassinate

Activate Blade and Soul Parity rhythmic action and use Dauntless Strike.

Begin the rhythm:
    Keen Strike > Quick Strike > Keen Strike > Precision Strike > Dauntless Strike

As soon as Blade and Soul Parity wears off (I watch the hotkey button, as soon as it has been active for 1/4 of it's cooldown period, it will wear off) activate Dualism

The rhythm you use for the duration of Dualism is this:
    Keen Strike > Quick Strike > Keen Strike > Quick Strike > Dauntless Strike

Again, by watching the cooldown period, you'll know when to activate the next rhythm. Next up is Double Coup followed by Blade Tempo.

Use the first rhythm for both of these rhythmic actions:
    Begin the rhythm:
    Keen Strike > Quick Strike > Keen Strike > Precision Strike > Dauntless Strike

If you have timed it perfectly, Blade Tempo will fall off as soon as Blade and Soul Parity has become available again.

Should you find yourself in an AOE situation, rhythmic action order would be Blade and Soul Parity > Blade Temp > Double Coup

Activate Blade and Soul Parity and begin using Twin Strike (x5) > Compound Attack

After Blade and Soul Parity has worn off and hopefully got you all buffed up, now pop Blade Tempo and use Dancing Steel and Hundred Blades.

Once Blade Tempo falls off, use Double Coup and continue with Twin Strike (x5) > Compound Attack

Use Dualism when Double Coup wears off just for the crystal set bonus, the actual rhythm won't do anything for you though.

If you fall out of melee range, you have Fiery Spike to use and Flash of Steel to quickly close the gap again.

Why Dauntless Strike and not Deadly Stike? Oddly, they do the same damage now, so might as well keep adding that 5% crit buff.

Pros:
    Great ST DPS, I'd say a bit higher than the MM spec I posted.
    Good AOE (It's no Sab, but still pretty good)
    Interrupt + Silence
    Personally, I find the job fun

Cons:
    Not much for ranged DPS
    A bit complex, but nothing you can't handle

What to expect:
    Parsing on boss dummy with self buffs (Razor Edge x2, cake, and powersurge vial) with 4/7 basic ID gear and rank 50 PVP swords I was maintaining a constant 4.5k ST. On the three aoe dummys, expect to maintain around 7-8k.

Shadowlander

Just realized the new section... reposted here:

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...ml#post4012602

Tried to delete / edit... unable to.

Rift Disciple

nvm............
    Last edited by The Flaming; 11-06-2012 at 12:12 AM.

If you do "keen -> quick -> keen -> precision" you lose DD buff from the PS. You need to do "Quick - Keen - Precision - Keen" and with dualism jsut use Quick instead of Precision.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

A better spec is 8 NB / 7 Assassin. You'll benefit more from the 2 points in Magnify Pain than a little more builder damage. And as has been noted, your rotation is pretty jacked up. Don't begin with Keen.

Quote Originally Posted by Rounded View Post
    If you do "keen -> quick -> keen -> precision" you lose DD buff from the PS. You need to do "Quick - Keen - Precision - Keen" and with dualism jsut use Quick instead of Precision.
    More damage to do:

Quick > Keen > Quick
    Keen > Precision > Keen
    Last edited by Dunharrow; 11-06-2012 at 07:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunharrow View Post
    A better spec is 8 NB / 7 Assassin. You'll benefit more from the 2 points in Magnify Pain than a little more builder damage. And as has been noted, your rotation is pretty jacked up. Don't begin with Keen.

More damage to do:

Quick > Keen > Quick
    Keen > Precision > Keen
    This just shows how stupidly coffee-starved I'm again.

Quote Originally Posted by Rounded View Post
    This just shows how stupidly coffee-starved I'm again.
    Some make the case for what you said actually. I find that the alternating rotation is easier to keep track of in a boss fight, and does slightly more damage on a dummy. In reality, I'm sure whichever way you choose will work, as long as you do it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunharrow View Post
    More damage to do:

Quick > Keen > Quick
    Keen > Precision > Keen
    Would you please clarify your note above - so that is your rotation only during Dualism? I've thought about trying that in the past to maximize combo point efficiency, but I've never heard anyone state it actually exceeds the DPS of Q > K > Q > K > DS. I'm going to have to parse it this evening.
    Stygian
    5/5 Conq. | 5/5 Conq. | 4/4 Conq. | 4/4 Conq. | 11/11 Conq. | 4/4 Conq.
    8/8 | 4/4 | R-50

Quote Originally Posted by Stygian View Post
    Would you please clarify your note above - so that is your rotation only during Dualism? I've thought about trying that in the past to maximize combo point efficiency, but I've never heard anyone state it actually exceeds the DPS of Q > K > Q > K > DS. I'm going to have to parse it this evening.
    Posted this on my blog: I did the math on it and the main reason I think its stronger to use the K>P>K is the double attacks during Dualism. Remember they donít just add a combo point, but actually strike twice. So if we look at a full Dualism it would be this:

Q>K>Q>k>F
    Q>K>Q>k>F
    Q>K>Q>k>F
    Q>K>Q>k>F

Since each Quick hits twice, that means a total of 16 Quicks, 4 DD Keens, 4 weak keens and 4 Finishers.

My rotation would be:

Q>K>Q>F
    K>P>K>F
    Q>K>Q>F
    K>P>K>F
    Q>K>Q>F

Since each Quick and Precision hit twice, that is 12 Quicks, 4 Precisions, 7 Keens and 5 Finishers.

So you drop a bit of damage subbing 4 Precisions for 4 Quicks, but you make it up by dropping 1 Keen for another Finisher, and more importantly, all of your attacks get Deadly Dance.

I think that Q>K>Q>k is not far behind, and perhaps easier to manage, but it should be a bit less damage.

Plane Touched

Well, so I tried that Dualism rotation Dun posted and couldn't really figure out if it's that much of a gain due to crit chances. I parsed a few times and with Duns rotation the DPS seemed to go up a bit, in total I'd say about 40 DPS, but then again I had one total drop of stacks in every try and that might affect the numbers as well.
    In total I'd make it out as a slight dps increase now and a bit bigger one at lvl 57 because you get that new builder that almost hits as hard as your offhand attacks.

I'm seeing a decent DPS improvement with Dun's Dualism rotation as well. I was pulling 4.9k almost on the money on the dummy tonight after 3 full dance cycles - just over 4 minute parses. Self buffed with stones (no pot), full ID geared - all relic armor (except egg chest) and Rusila's Shank & Bard Sword. I got a couple upgrades since I parsed it last, but I'd dare say it was a 50+ dps improvement.
    Stygian
    5/5 Conq. | 5/5 Conq. | 4/4 Conq. | 4/4 Conq. | 11/11 Conq. | 4/4 Conq.
    8/8 | 4/4 | R-50

+ Reply to Thread