+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rogue leveling builds 2.0

Default Rogue leveling builds 2.0

I wanted to start a thread as I also did on the beta forums to get rogues discussing what viable solo builds they've come up with. Please be clear and concise with your findings by using a soul tree builder along with any possible macro's you may use. Since this section of the forum will be accessible even after the beta has ended I feel as though this was the most pertinent place to start this thread. Also things may change (hopefully) from what we see on beta and what goes live. Simply put I just want to get the ball rolling and discussions started by our fellow rogues on furthering the status of our role in this game whether it be dps/tank/support.

There's no less than three solo build guides on the very first page of the guide forum.

Rift Disciple

I'm still a big fan out rs/bd in beta, I haven't gotten to 60 yet so I dont know what does best up there. But boosted recovery now heals, and stalker phase has increased heals. I think 27 RS/ XX BD/ 4 Tact is going to be my build the whole time, I just don't like the feel of tact yet.

51rang/8rs/7nb worked fine in beta.
    Noblood Rogue - Fatality Guild - Deepwood

mid 30s to 41 in RS/X BD/Y tactician.

With the change to boosted recovery you don't have to go to 41 in RS unless you REALLY want the extra self healing. BD gives you the punch you need, tactician increases end, damage reduction and AoE damage as well.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

Rift Disciple

So i have only leveled to 55 so far in Beta.

From what i have noticed so far you can basically use any spec you want to level as long as you put 4 points in Tactician for the Curative Engine buff. The default Flame Thrower spec with Tact/NB was working very well, once i hit level 54 i ditched it for a 54MM/4Tact/11RNG Spec.

Due to the changes to leveling having a AOE grind spec is no longer the fastest way to level, IA's atm are a waste of time this only really leaves you with PVP, Dungeons and Questing. Onslaughts are good XP if you are the only person there, if there are 2 or 3 other people participating i completely ignore it.

Quote Originally Posted by DammitBilly View Post
    So i have only leveled to 55 so far in Beta.

From what i have noticed so far you can basically use any spec you want to level as long as you put 4 points in Tactician for the Curative Engine buff. The default Flame Thrower spec with Tact/NB was working very well, once i hit level 54 i ditched it for a 54MM/4Tact/11RNG Spec.

Due to the changes to leveling having a AOE grind spec is no longer the fastest way to level, IA's atm are a waste of time this only really leaves you with PVP, Dungeons and Questing. Onslaughts are good XP if you are the only person there, if there are 2 or 3 other people participating i completely ignore it.
    I don't think they are a waste. I still have one because I am someone who like questing as well and in zone events, IA's and questing efficiency the grind spec is still very useful. If I was just about maxing Exp gain period, you are correct, I would likely not have one, BUT I like doing everything the game offers when not raiding so....
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

From my experience both now and in Beta....

I WAS going to solo in tank spec which it seems like you should do, but I survive better in bard, especially solo since if the mob's attacking me I can drop 5 harmonic stacks to full heal myself, and stack another 5 up in no time. xD easy heals and decent damage.

51 Bard/10 RS/5 MM till I get 52 or so, then I might change to factor in increased tact healing and RS +healing bonus.

Telaran

51 As/4 Tact/11 RS

Found this build does great dmg, plenty of self healing with leeching poison, boosted recovery and curative engine (I also encountered few energy problems). Add the fact that enemies are pretty far apart in SL, I feel that AE specs are less useful. Any adds you might still get do little dmg and what dmg they is healed by Boosted Recovery (for people with lesser gear you can also use Poison Gas for a 6 second break).

The added stealth is quite useful for doing missions a tad quicker.

MM works great too with root not breaking on dmg, plus you can add RS for Boosted here as well if you do get hit.
    Last edited by Viscio; 11-04-2012 at 10:00 PM.

+ Reply to Thread