+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Time to roll Warrior?

Plane Touched

Default Time to roll Warrior?

Tempests hitting people for 11 and 12k in warfronts. Really......I mean like realllllly?

Quote Originally Posted by Furyion View Post
    Tempests hitting people for 11 and 12k in warfronts. Really......I mean like realllllly?
    It's beta for a reason.

Plane Touched

So after they adjust it for live we can expect to be getting hit for 14k?

Quote Originally Posted by Furyion View Post
    So after they adjust it for live we can expect to be getting hit for 14k?
    Even if this weren't a stupid assumption, how would this thread help in any way?
    Last edited by Muspel; 11-03-2012 at 08:54 AM.

Plane Touched

Obviously to help people make a decision to switch to warrior. Which a LOT of rogues are doing. I've been seeing fewer and fewer rogues and more and more warriors in green/blue/low tier purple gear. Obvious sign is obvious. Rogues are too well balanced to be of any use. We can't solo well, we can't top charts unless we're bard, and we can't tank raids well either. Time to bail out on the sinking ship that is the rogue.

And those who swap to warrior will be crying big time when the adjustments come. How often have we seen patches to reduce warrior dps just on live. You think Tempest will be different somehow?
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    Even if this weren't a stupid assumption, how would this thread help in any way?
    Nothing in the forum rules that says people cannot vent their frustrations . I personally think there is something wrong with how str and AP scale in warriors as well as the energy consumption. though the finishers in the melee trees are not massively different in numbers Critical hits are pretty imbalanced between rogue and warrior.

RIFT Guide Writer

Warrior is the last calling I would roll. That calling is just constantly broken. At the moment it is just broken in a way that makes warriors do more damage than anything else. A month from now it will be broken some other way.

Quote Originally Posted by Wifeagro View Post
    Nothing in the forum rules that says people cannot vent their frustrations . I personally think there is something wrong with how str and AP scale in warriors as well as the energy consumption. though the finishers in the melee trees are not massively different in numbers Critical hits are pretty imbalanced between rogue and warrior.
    The implication of the thread is that something should be changed to prevent this.

However, Trion is already aware of the issue, and this offers no feedback about what, specifically, should be changed. It won't change anything, and it completely ignores the fact that Storm Legion is still in development for a reason.

I wouldn't blame anyone for rolling as Trion's favorite class

How to speak Rift: Warrior Nerf = Making Warriors equal to the other classes
    Even free cost too much now

Quote Originally Posted by Credo View Post
    How to speak Rift: Warrior Nerf = Making Warriors equal to the other classes
    Making the classes more equal would be the ideal motivation for nerfing something, yes. This isn't the joke you seem to think it is.
    Last edited by Muspel; 11-03-2012 at 11:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wifeagro View Post
    They're also getting 2% damage per point from their DPS tree gifts, unlike all the other classes. Might be part of the issue. Warrior dev has always been on a different page from all the others when it comes to balance.
    Dummy Foundry rocks. CQ blows. Energy is meh. MORE ROLE SLOTS! Burma shave.

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    It's beta for a reason.
    I think people always forget that.
    ~Quiescent

I don't know why you wouldn't have all classes at 50 already when it's so easy to level.

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by TroubleMagnet View Post
    They're also getting 2% damage per point from their DPS tree gifts, unlike all the other classes. Might be part of the issue. Warrior dev has always been on a different page from all the others when it comes to balance.
    I think it's the root cause of all the imbalance. At level 50 all others are doing 166% dps while warriors are doing 232%. 232/166=1.4. Or in other words warriors are by default doing 40% more damage than everyone else if the trees give an equal dps boost. It's no coincidence that it's roughly that margin that warriors are ahead of everyone else before their souls get nerfed one by one.

To balance that without touching the gifts they need to have the tree bonuses do almost nothing and/or nerf the base ability damages to very low values. Now they are trying desperately to fix the trees when it's the gifts that should have been the first thing to nerf months ago.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast