+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 39
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Differences between live version and beta version

  1. #1
    RIFT Guide Writer
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,422

    Default Differences between live version and beta version

    These haven't been documented anywhere yet. I may have missed some, especially if the tooltips have not been corrected along with the abilities.

    Bard
    Invigorated Soul - Cadence heals 2/4/6% of your AP per tick instead of 4/8/12%

    Marksman
    Vampiric Munitions - Proc chance increased from 20% to 50%
    Sniper Training - Bonus lowered from 4% per point to 3%
    Silver Tip Munitions - only 3 stacks instead of 5
    Static Shock Munitions - now also increases damage by 6%
    Free Recoil - Cooldown Reduced to 12 seconds (with rapid extraction)

    Ranger
    Shadow Fire - Bonus reduced from 5% to 3%
    Prey on the Weak - Damage bonus reduced from 10% to 8%
    Master Huntsman - Bloodied Blow chance 50%/100%, up from 25%/50%
    Ace Shot - Debuff increased from 20% to 25%
    Animalism - Bonus increased from 30% to 40%

    Nightblade
    All weapon enchants now 30% chance, damage reduced by a third so no dps difference
    Ebon Blades - 3 stacks of 3% instead of 5 stacks of 2%

    Riftstalker
    Stalker Phase - Also increases healing done by 5%, +15% after phase shifting
    Guardian Phase - Reduces healing done by non-RS abilities by 30%
    Boosted Recovery - Old bonus + Whenever you kill a target, you heal for 50/100/150% of your AP over 10 seconds.
    Constant Deviation - 20% bonus/penalty to 25% bonus/penalty

    Looks like bard healing is getting nerfed, marksman is getting nerfed and ranger dps is getting moved more into the pet. NB enchant changes are more a quality of life thing that reduces randomness, especially on ebon blades uptime. RS changes give it plenty more self healing, boosted recovery looks very good. 8 in RS looks like a solid base for any grind spec.

  2. #2
    RIFT Guide Writer Muspel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,837

    Default

    Good info.

    Soul Coalescence and Planebound Aegis were also changed (the former now reduces damage rather than healing you, while the second heals you rather than exploding if it wears off).
    Last edited by Muspel; 11-02-2012 at 01:23 PM.

  3. #3
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    675

    Default

    Plus, mostly PvP related, less healing done in guardian phase.

  4. #4
    Ascendant Kyera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    5,402

    Default

    qq @ Bard nerfs.

    Bad enough that the cookie-cutter style Bard/RS wasn't all that good post-SL, the GP nerf coupled with a Cadence nerf really drives that point home. Still, Stalker Phase bard could be an interesting take on it, but not with that Cadence reduction.

    Cadenza for life, I guess.
    Last edited by Kyera; 11-02-2012 at 02:40 PM.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

  5. #5
    RIFT Guide Writer Muspel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,837

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mandarb View Post
    Plus, mostly PvP related, less healing done in guardian phase.
    That's in the first post.

  6. #6
    RIFT Guide Writer
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,422

    Default

    Chord of inspiration was also nerfed from 5/10/15% heal to 3/6/9%.

    Daglar says there are nerfs to aoe healing across all callings so bards are not the ones affected. Apparently tactician healing was nerfed hard too from what it was in previous betas.

  7. #7
    Ascendant Galibier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    10,460

    Default

    I think the invigorated soul change is a tad over done, but outside of 5 mans will that change to invigorated soul have a huge effect? To me the win of a bard in raid is the Cadenza/VoV synergy.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

  8. #8
    Ascendant Galibier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    10,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gery View Post
    Chord of inspiration was also nerfed from 5/10/15% heal to 3/6/9%.

    Daglar says there are nerfs to aoe healing across all callings so bards are not the ones affected. Apparently tactician healing was nerfed hard too from what it was in previous betas.
    Gery where is this? trying to find it. (the Daglar comment.)
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

  9. #9
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,105

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyera View Post
    qq @ Bard nerfs.

    Bad enough that the cookie-cutter style Bard/RS wasn't all that good post-SL, the GP nerf coupled with a Cadence nerf really drives that point home. Still, Stalker Phase bard could be an interesting take on it, but not with that Cadence reduction.

    Cadenza for life, I guess.
    All AoE healing was nerfed across the board. Bard by ~50%, Tact by ~66%, Warden/Chloro by ~85%.

  10. #10
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,105

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Galibier View Post
    Gery where is this? trying to find it. (the Daglar comment.)
    he's said it at least twice in the 50-59 chat.

  11. #11
    Ascendant Galibier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    10,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Durango View Post
    he's said it at least twice in the 50-59 chat.
    Okey doke not that I am surprised btw. I remember the nerf to Bard and Cloro heals around 1.1 or 1.2.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

  12. #12
    Ascendant Kyera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    5,402

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Durango View Post
    All AoE healing was nerfed across the board. Bard by ~50%, Tact by ~66%, Warden/Chloro by ~85%.
    Jesus.

    Give me launch flashbacks. That was a miserable experience. :/
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

  13. #13
    Telaran Eviany's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    81

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Durango View Post
    All AoE healing was nerfed across the board. Bard by ~50%, Tact by ~66%, Warden/Chloro by ~85%.
    Amazing. One really begins to think that there really isn't any thought beforehand with regards to where Trion wants the classes to be.

    "Oh lets - you know - give Clerics a dedicated AE healing soul and take Justicar away from them" followed by "OMG - the dedicated AE healing soul kinda AE heals - lets NERF IT HARD"

    Two thumbs up for another set of awesome changes that make no ******* sense whatsoever - this statement is btw not only related to the healing changes (darn i might just have enjoyed playing bard) but to pretty much all that was wirtten by the OP.

    One question remains tho: Anyone got an inclination what the hell Tactician is going to be good for? Short of spamming idiotic Torrents that do less damage on 8 perfect aligned targets than i can do on 3 as Sab while pressing buttons with my nose? Would be really neat to get the "grand scheme of things" down here so we might adapt to the playstyle henceforth promoted to our calling! I would be game!

    - Evi

  14. #14
    Ascendant Galibier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    10,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eviany View Post
    Amazing. One really begins to think that there really isn't any thought beforehand with regards to where Trion wants the classes to be.

    "Oh lets - you know - give Clerics a dedicated AE healing soul and take Justicar away from them" followed by "OMG - the dedicated AE healing soul kinda AE heals - lets NERF IT HARD"

    Two thumbs up for another set of awesome changes that make no ******* sense whatsoever - this statement is btw not only related to the healing changes (darn i might just have enjoyed playing bard) but to pretty much all that was wirtten by the OP.

    One question remains tho: Anyone got an inclination what the hell Tactician is going to be good for? Short of spamming idiotic Torrents that do less damage on 8 perfect aligned targets than i can do on 3 as Sab while pressing buttons with my nose? Would be really neat to get the "grand scheme of things" down here so we might adapt to the playstyle henceforth promoted to our calling! I would be game!

    - Evi
    TBH The tactician at this point appears to be one of those "good ideas in theory" but is a disaster when it hit's reality. Additionally I think half the problem is this... From reading some of Elrar's posts the idea of an expansion was a surprise to the devs, there was never a level cap rise planned. So they have had a BUTT ton of stuff to do in a rather short period of time. This was not one of those carefully planned year or more in progress Dev cycles. This was a "well people were emo that there was no 'expac' and the fast updates didn't satisfy them time to give them what they want."

    Moral of the story be careful of what you wish for.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

  15. #15
    Telaran Eviany's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    81

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Galibier View Post
    TBH The tactician at this point appears to be one of those "good ideas in theory" but is a disaster when it hit's reality. Additionally I think half the problem is this... From reading some of Elrar's posts the idea of an expansion was a surprise to the devs, there was never a level cap rise planned. So they have had a BUTT ton of stuff to do in a rather short period of time. This was not one of those carefully planned year or more in progress Dev cycles. This was a "well people were emo that there was no 'expac' and the fast updates didn't satisfy them time to give them what they want."

    Moral of the story be careful of what you wish for.
    Interesting information. Be careful what you wish for is probably true aswell - apart from the fact that me and pretty much all my guildies thought a level cap raise was a dumb idea to begin with... But i guess there was some whining going on that there is no 60 in front of the name instead of a 50.

    In any event i do agree that Tactician is probably exactly what you said - a nice idea on paper but just not compatible with how the game works. But happily us rogues is not alone with getting a "wait wut?!?" soul - in my opinion Defiler is just as bad ;)

    - Evi

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts