+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Galibier

Thread: wjich is better mm or ranger

Soulwalker

Default wjich is better mm or ranger

with the new soul reset my lvl 50 rogue (cookie cutter hunter) seems 2 have lost dps in both 1 n 1 and in aoe. i was wondering if the mm build would be better? does anyone have either a good hunter build ot mm build that is better then the cookie cutter?

Marksman has stronger ST damage. Ranger has stronger AoE. The melee specs will blow both of them out of the water if you play them properly (especially Bladedancer). You can find guides for pretty much any soul you might want to play in the Rogue Guides forum.

The cookie cutter specs are uniformly awful. Never, ever use them. The talent choices in them are suspect at best.

I think the problem is that people are still having an issue getting the hang of what is multiplicative vs what is additive.

As an example: some people are completely in love with ranger as a sub soul for absolutely everything. To justify that they say "t2 10% damage boost!!!" However as this is passive it is additive with gifts.

So in reality for a melee build MM can be better because in many cases. Yes the t2 ability there is just 10% to weapon damage BUT as a proc it is multiplicative (along with an extra 10% multiplicative AP.)

I think however builds will change drastically at 60. Look at any build you have now as a pre-60 build. Once they add in crit power, souls that provide bonus crit % such as ranger may well come of age. Until then though it's all a work in progress.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

I agree, But I think you may find the raid gear at 60 to provide sufficient + to crit%, I've not needed to spec for crit at 60 at all.

I will present my reply with the same care and attention as the original post.

tHe best ragned rouge spec is hunter. even tho hunter is not a r1FT speficication or bild. your welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Zazen View Post
    I will present my reply with the same care and attention as the original post.

tHe best ragned rouge spec is hunter. even tho hunter is not a r1FT speficication or bild. your welcome.
    Hunter is the name of one of the prebuilt soul paths.

+ Reply to Thread