+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: They BUFFED warriors? :wtc: Any plans to balance class dps?

Default They BUFFED warriors? :wtc: Any plans to balance class dps?

So one of our warriors broke 10k dps this week.

http://imgur.com/NTRJN - Ituziel this week

Warriors have gone from 9k dps nerfed when 1.11 hit down to 8.5k dps and are up now to 10k+ dps. I've been at 6k-6.5k dps since 1.11. I would have done 6.7k dps this week ,but of course I was energy starved so I dropped down to 6.3-6.5k. Mages are pulling 7k it seems. Realizing that this is just level 50 and storm legion is on the way soon. I can't see too many rogues being happy being 50% behind warriors in dps if this trend continues to level 60.

EDIT: Oh and the spec does the same if not more aoe dps as sab. Soooo uhhh yeahhhhh...
    EDIT2: Warriors were running 51rb15para I ran 51sin 9mm 6 ranger. Both of us were energy starved.
    Last edited by Zyzyx; 10-31-2012 at 07:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

And clerics at the bottom of the pool as usual. (I would've passed 5500 if I wasn't purging as 51 inq)

When will we see all 4 classes be balanced raid dps?
    Last edited by Ghinix; 10-31-2012 at 06:41 PM.

I guess this is a [bug] report too. Pretty well known bug to rogues. Bow poison keeps the mob in combat after it is supposed to end so that is why the picture is 9.8k dps and not the 10.2-10.8k he was at during the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghinix View Post
    And clerics at the bottom of the pool as usual. (I would've passed 5500 if I wasn't purging as 51 inq)
    Yeah I feel for clerics.
    Last edited by Zyzyx; 10-31-2012 at 06:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar

02:33; DPS:91967 MHIT:Ikilledthepromqueen-Fulminate-28455 / Moat 9820, Smok 9514, Wrec 8662, Guns 8566, Ryuu 8493, Ikil 6915, Revv 6415, Zyzy 6282, Lith 5728, Sinl 5184, Lyx 5031, Abro 4394

Is the DPS parse that I had.
    --BC

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Zyzyx View Post

Warriors have gone from 9k dps nerfed when 1.11 hit down to 8.5k dps and are up now to 10k+ dps. I've been at 6k-6.5k dps since 1.11. I would have done 6.7k dps this week ,but of course I was energy starved so I dropped down to 6.3-6.5k. Mages are pulling 7k it seems. Realizing that this is just level 50 and storm legion is on the way soon. I can't see too many rogues being happy being 50% behind warriors in dps if this trend continues to level 60.

EDIT: Oh and the spec does the same if not more aoe dps as sab. Soooo uhhh yeahhhhh...
    EDIT2: Warriors were running 51rb15para I ran 51sin 9mm 6 ranger. Both of us were energy starved.
    I try to give devs the benefit of the doubt most times, but Warriors being beyond OP for this long is plain ridiculous. They basically have been parsing too high through 3 hotfixes to their abilities.

Because Other callings complain, ask to be balanced and then suffer when they aren't. Warriors rage that they are going to quit.

In essence for too long they were allowed to be higher dps because all they had was tank and dps. Now they have support but too many rolled warrior just because they wanted to be dps and a certain person has never really had the stones to deal with the emo from the scrubs who expect their calling to do 1/4 of the work for them. It doesn't matter if the best warriors said the previous tank balanced was going to make them over the top or now how many are saying certain changes will make their dps over the top. The loud lowest common denominator rules the day.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

Don't worry, we've been saying this for months.
    Nope.

RIFT Guide Writer

First class change notes were posted on the beta forums as early as mid July. It hasn't been going on just for the last 3 hotfixes. It's been going on for months and now warriors look even more broken than before. It's just 2 weeks until Storm Legion and warrior balancing is months behind other callings and it's still being done with a sledgehammer instead of tweaking small stuff here and there for the last optimizations. It's not going to get done right in the last two weeks either I bet.

I'm not that worried about rogues tbh, at least we are in the same ballpark as clerics and mages. I believe Ailion will do some tweaking if/when needed to get us where we need to be at level 60. Problem is that there can't be any balance while warrior balancing fails so epicly hard all the time.

No warrior with a brain considers this somehow a good situation for the game, they want this balanced just as much as us. Probably even more because it's their class that is broken. The OP stuff has been tested and posted very clearly so this is not a testing failure either.

First post in the Rogue forums, I'll keep it short and sweet. I sure do see a lot of you guys over in our neck of the woods.

It was no buff; it's a completely broken mechanic due to AP scaling on an ability that shouldn't be functioning as it is, plain and simple. Quite a few of us main-spec Warriors have been bug reporting this and other garbage bugs or outliers since PTS/Beta 1 and the fixes seem to come slower than molasses in January. You'd think it was a mass conspiracy on our part, and not an oversight on the part of the developers, based on the vitriol that is pointed in our direction.

You know it's broken.
    We know it's broken.

Not going to speak for others, but I'd think any Warrior with a shred of competitive spirit is as discouraged as I am with the pendulum swings and resulting over-nerfs and would gladly take balance done right the first time in return for the roller coaster ride.
    what is this I don't even

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Pines View Post
    First post in the Rogue forums, I'll keep it short and sweet. I sure do see a lot of you guys over in our neck of the woods.

It was no buff; it's a completely broken mechanic due to AP scaling on an ability that shouldn't be functioning as it is, plain and simple. Quite a few of us main-spec Warriors have been bug reporting this and other garbage bugs or outliers since PTS/Beta 1 and the fixes seem to come slower than molasses in January. You'd think it was a mass conspiracy on our part, and not an oversight on the part of the developers, based on the vitriol that is pointed in our direction.

You know it's broken.
    We know it's broken.

Not going to speak for others, but I'd think any Warrior with a shred of competitive spirit is as discouraged as I am with the pendulum swings and resulting over-nerfs and would gladly take balance done right the first time in return for the roller coaster ride.
    I think anyone who was in beta1 and read the forums could see it was a dev issue and not a player hiding data issue. Very first thing I saw when I got to beta was Sharogy's breakdown of what the different builds were parsing raid buffed and there was a blatant problem at that point, can only assume that it was the same in alpha pre-beta1.

Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    Don't worry, we've been saying this for months.
    Oh I know that you Primal and a number of others have been doing just that.

I also know a lot of you pointed out the borked tank stuff when it became 38 reaver or die. Those facts were not addressed either. It just seems a certain individual would rather keep imbalance and leave it to the other devs to someday fix it on their end so they don't have to deal with the petulant children that tend to be the loudest.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

Rift Chaser

I love it when people only read part of the patch notes.

And only ever visit one forum.

Head on over to the warrior forum for once, there's already dev responses talking about it. They nerfed riftblade because it was out of control, and buffed champion because it was doing too little damage.

Warriors only read the nerf and whine that the devs hate them, everyone else only reads the buff and whine that the devs clearly favor warriors.

Hilarious how worked up people get over a video game.

General of Telara

1.11 is just a bigger beta test for Warriors clearly :P

Quote Originally Posted by Zyzyx View Post

You have got to be the biggest complainer and forum troll I have ever seen Zyzyx. For one those warriors parsing that high are taking advantage of a gimmick, and shame on them for doing so because it does nothing but back us into a corner. The majority of warriors are well aware of these issues and are working with the devs to have it fixed because, quite frankly, we dont feel like listening to you whine. Doing a proper rotations with 51rb doesnt net anything close to those numbers and while it probably needs to be adjusted down some, it's not to the degree that you are trying to push for. I swear, some of you spend more time QQing for the hammer blow to us rather than work on your own class.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by zyzyx View Post
    edit: Oh and the spec does the same if not more aoe dps as sab. Soooo uhhh yeahhhhh...
    Edit2: Warriors were running 51rb15para i ran 51sin 9mm 6 ranger. Both of us were energy starved.
    aoe dps the same as sab ahahahahaha.
    Xenotheos - 8/8, 1/4 (Kept the bench so warm I had to leave it)
    Dynitia - 7/8

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast