+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Which Rogue just fits the 'Cool' vibe for you?

Default Which Rogue just fits the 'Cool' vibe for you?

No, this is not a debate about the highest DPS.
    Or any kind of debate for that matter. xD

Just share your thoughts about which rogue soul you think is really cool and why. Here's an example.

Bladedancer is awesome better-looking dual wield animations in my opinion. For instance, w/ 1.11 we got Hundred Blades which shoots a conic wave that slaughters everything in front of the player xD plus, it doesn't rely on stealthiness or cheap tricks like those dishonorable rogue classes.

BD has the coolest effects IMO with all the different rhythmic abilities.

Bard looks pretty sexing strumming the banjo with the musical note beam and constantly blowing the horn.

Riftstalker has a lot of style with all the porting. They lost major style with the removal of SHADOW WARP.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Plane Walker

"it doesn't rely on stealthiness or cheap tricks like those dishonorable rogue classes. "

You have no idea what a rogue is or how to properly play one.
    Unrated -- Now show me on this doll where the mean rogue touched you.

Ranger always Ranger nothing else does it for me(except maybe assassin {drop bears ftw})
    There are eight species of Bear (Ursidae): Arctos, Americanus, Thibetanus, Maritimus, Helarctos, Melonleuca, Ornatus, Malayanus, Ursinus.
    Koalas are not one of them, not even close.

It's between Assassin and Nightblade for me. Asssassin is exactly what a rogue should be and what I've come to expect most games to depict rogues which is an outcast who relies on stealth, positioning, tactics and having to make smart decisions as when to strike, who to strike, who to sap and when to disappear.

Nightblade took me by surprise, when I first stated playing I was like " wtf rogue... magic?.. dafuq is this?". But then I started playing nightblade and it was gave off a sense of some kind of demonized chanting rogue that uses forbidden magic which is why they are and outcast and labeled rogue by their community. Nightblade reminds me of the nightblade-like class I made in oblivion (lawl same name) and the use of darkness and flame theme reminds me all too much of demons souls and dark souls, which may add to why i love it sooooo much.

Edit: I forgot to mention the nightblade lore is AWESOME.
    Last edited by Delmlord; 10-28-2012 at 11:01 PM.
    Rehashed, reskinned content =/= Exciting new content
    Retired from Rift thanks to Square E getting their stuff together

I throughly enjoyed old marksmens, with pedestals. The entire concept of standing on a "raised platform" from afar shooting pewpew was a more fun concept as compared to the classic Hunters/Rangers deal. Which was why I was over the moon with 51mm and gutted when they nerfed it QQ

The old grind spec of Bladedancer/Riftstalker was also fantastic fun, melding the concepts of a teleporting rogue who used the planes to slip through shadow with a fluid dancer of blades.

Which is one reason I suppose why I dislike 51 specs these days, Id rather hybrid because there's plenty of fun in that then just being cookie cutter one spec.
    60Rog/PR64 - Cleared - FT | EE
    1-button TOTALLY AFK Rogue and Cheerleader for Blitz!

Personally, it'd have to be riftstalkers for me. Blades and teleportation and (depending on what version of the game you're looking at) the whole extraordinarily high evasion method of avoiding attacks makes me smile.

That they're designated as a tank soul did put a bit of a dampener on it, though the now obsolete bloodstalker would be exactly the type of character I would love to create.

Flickering in and out of space, stealth, vanishing from plain sight, stabbity and poisons... Om nom nom.

Its a shame it no longer exists.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

EverQuest2 Brigand.

Riftstalker...definitely. You have to love a tank that can blink from mob to mob.

Ascendant

I like assassin at the moment, and well, marksman will always be one of my favorites too as it was one of the first specs I used when I got to the level cap. Even when MM wasn't that great back then, I still used it.
    White Fang

Adastra@Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by Raynald View Post
    I throughly enjoyed old marksmens, with pedestals. The entire concept of standing on a "raised platform" from afar shooting pewpew was a more fun concept as compared to the classic Hunters/Rangers deal. Which was why I was over the moon with 51mm and gutted when they nerfed it QQ
    I do miss pedestals, conceptually. Probably why I liked the concept of cover in TOR.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Plane Touched

Riftstalker has a lot of cool doodads. Before 1.11, I kind of felt like every soul tree should've been made very well defined like the Riftstalker tree. Not sure I feel the same anymore, really. Might just be pre-expansion shakeup.
    Last edited by psychopsilocybin; 10-29-2012 at 01:49 PM.

RIFT Guide Writer

I've always liked the style of NB. I'm still hoping NB gets a bit of love since it's been dumbed down quite a bit, it needs some spice to the rotation to make it more interesting to play.

Prophet of Telara

I've always loved the concepts of Nightblade, Saboteur and Riftstalker. I've always had builds using those three.
    Quote Originally Posted by pro View Post
    Rogues are completly fine to be honest.
    Quote Originally Posted by pro
    please stop qq about nerfs because i promise if u keep it up rift will shut down because they have no subribers and we will have wasted our money on a failed game simply because everyone was acting like little kids because they couldnt faceroll anyone and it actually took effort to kill them

I enjoy Marskman and Assassin but love Bard especially with the recent changes.
    Myrmidon Xillean Tormeng, Lord of War
    Dimensions: Planar Study Spec: 61/10/5
    PA: 900 | Score: 11120 | Tradeskills: All Grandmastered
    4/4 GP | 4/4 DH | 5/5 GSB | 5/5 RoS Conqueror | 11/11 HK | 2/4 RotP | 1/8 ID
    Characters: Xillean R90, Phantasmal R72, Eylisa R68, Kattie R74

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast