+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Allow bard to queue as healer

shp
    Champion

Default Allow bard to queue as healer

Bards are one of the best healers now, it's annoying to tell people to switch specs so I can heal. Simply allow bards to queue as healers.

Bards have been able to heal for awhile now. This is nothing new. But I do agree we need to be able to queue as a healer, specially with tact coming out soon as well. Not allowing a rogue to queue as a healer is just plain dumb at this stage in the game.

MNM
    Prophet of Telara

Can they tank heal sufficiently in experts with just AP/CC gear?

I support this idea!

Quote Originally Posted by MNM View Post
    Can they tank heal sufficiently in experts with just AP/CC gear?
    Probably!
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Good luck healing any SL experts as a Bard any time before 2014
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by shp View Post
    Bards are one of the best healers now, it's annoying to tell people to switch specs so I can heal. Simply allow bards to queue as healers.
    Yes please. At the very least, we should be able to queue as the healer for a pre-made group. There are some crappy Bards out there who can't heal for squat, and I can understand that folks don't want those types joining a random group as the healer, but if I'm running a random daily with my guildies we shouldn't have to bring a Cleric or Mage if we have a Bard who can do it just as well.

Have fun queuing as a healer in SL experts when you're in blues and greens and can't keep the tank up.

I really, really hope you guys realize just much you overgear the current expert dungeons...

Quote Originally Posted by shp View Post
    Funny thing is bards could solo heal experts just fine way before 1.11 in inferior gear lol. Why didn't they allow us to queue healer then?
    Last edited by Delmlord; 10-28-2012 at 11:05 PM.
    Rehashed, reskinned content =/= Exciting new content
    Retired from Rift thanks to Square E getting their stuff together

Quote Originally Posted by Delmlord View Post
    Funny thing is bards could solo heal experts just fine way before 1.11 in inferior gear lol. Why didn't they allow us to queue healer then?
    That would be because people were overgeared for experts since like... 1.2
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

Quote Originally Posted by MoonfireSpam View Post
    That would be because people were overgeared for experts since like... 1.2
    Which is why I doubt it'll ever happen because a bards job is to buff, the best buffs, sure hey can do a bit of healing but compared to mages and clerics they can't compete in a modern raid setting.I have no idea why the tried to make some dps/heal/buff hybrid, bards were in a good place before, but where will they be when tactician rolls out? With enough people whining about buffing most of the time which was a bards job? lol the devs decided " oh, lets give em a bit of heals even though their still not healers " and trash the buff management and make it a cast it and forget it skill because it manages itself.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Kithiel View Post
    Yes please. At the very least, we should be able to queue as the healer for a pre-made group. There are some crappy Bards out there who can't heal for squat, and I can understand that folks don't want those types joining a random group as the healer, but if I'm running a random daily with my guildies we shouldn't have to bring a Cleric or Mage if we have a Bard who can do it just as well.
    Bards are not viable primary healers in any gear appropriate encounter. Simple as that. You will not be a viable primary healer in any SL dungeon for months at a minimum. The suggestion to allow bards to queue as a primary healer is beyond absurd.

Ascendant

Which is why I doubt it'll ever happen because a bards job is to buff, the best buffs, sure hey can do a bit of healing but compared to mages and clerics they can't compete in a modern raid setting.I have no idea why the tried to make some dps/heal/buff hybrid, bards were in a good place before, but where will they be when tactician rolls out? With enough people whining about buffing most of the time which was a bards job? lol the devs decided " oh, lets give em a bit of heals even though their still not healers " and trash the buff management and make it a cast it and forget it skill because it manages itself.
    There is actually much more strategy and ability required to play a good SL bard than a chocolate bard. Good bards will be able to differentiate themselves much more in SL than they were previously.

Quote Originally Posted by Durango View Post
    There is actually much more strategy and ability required to play a good SL bard than a chocolate bard. Good bards will be able to differentiate themselves much more in SL than they were previously.
    Seems about the same to me, except instead of managing buffs your trying to heal the raid lol if only dps could differentiate themselves, not every likes ez mode MM. The other rogue ranged specs aren't more rewarding for the effort which doesn't make any sense.

Ascendant

Seems about the same to me, except instead of managing buffs your trying to heal the raid lol if only dps could differentiate themselves, not every likes ez mode MM. The other rogue ranged specs aren't more rewarding for the effort which doesn't make any sense.
    Cadence/Cadenza switching. VoV/VoA. MO on/off. Debuffs. CoW vs CoR. HD.

Lots more thought and reaction needed to maximize bard now than just casting cadence and then every 30s refreshing motifs.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast