+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Multiple Oscillations = 3x icar?

Plane Touched

Default Multiple Oscillations = 3x icar?

OK, so right now bard is the new icar because Invigorated Soul heals. The amount it heals is based on AP. Stack AP, increase amount healed.

Invigorated Soul specifies that it heals each time Cadence "deals damage."

I haven't been on Beta to see how things would play out once we reach higher levels, but I'm looking at the description of Multiple Oscillations: hits three times for less damage.

But Cadence no longer heals based on damage dealt. It heals based on the number of times that it deals damage.

So if MO makes Cadence hit 3x instead of 1x, does that mean bard heals 3x instead of 1x?

Or does each channel of Cadence count as a single time it "deals damage" even if it hits 3 foes?

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

I would wager that each tick of cadence's channel heals, regardless of how many mobs its hitting. Haven't tested it though.

Next beta I should be able to get high enough to test but yea bard is kinda like old inquisicar, able to pump out dps or heals as needed. Best so far is on laethys 2600 dps, 2700 hps in one fight. Sure it will get better as we get more use to playing it and fine tune.

Wow, I might be dusting off my bard....only ever really used it in raids and since I could never exactly get geared enough, I'm barely out of T1 raids. xD

Even if it does, it would still be less potent than an icar.

You can hit 3 targets as a bard, you hit 5 with an -icar, with Righteous Mandate to boot if you spec high enough for it.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

Rift Disciple

works exactly as the description says and theres nothing wrong with that. multiple oscillations does make you get 3 times the IS if your cadence is attacking 3 targets at the same time.
    great for farming and aoe heal on trash. next

Quote Originally Posted by goia402 View Post
    .... next
    Hay gaiz, its the rogue guru.

Lets all grovel at his immense knowledge of stuff that has yet to make it to live.

All spell/ability descriptions are grammatically flawless in lieu with their function and are indisputable in meaning.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by MoonfireSpam View Post
    Hay gaiz, its the rogue guru.

Lets all grovel at his immense knowledge of stuff that has yet to make it to live.
    so? it was a total thrill to see that happen and i am glad it was there during beta2 and maybe it won't get nerfed at all until people start crying again about whatever thing they think its not working to their liking

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MoonfireSpam View Post
    Even if it does, it would still be less potent than an icar.

You can hit 3 targets as a bard, you hit 5 with an -icar, with Righteous Mandate to boot if you spec high enough for it.
    Icar is dead, so its irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunharrow View Post
    Icar is dead, so its irrelevant.
    Inquisicar is, sure. But that isn't the only -icar... and it certainly isn't the dololol spec it was.

But the funny thing about calling it dead is that it really isn't, at least not until SL drops and I can see how it performs in SL content... because if you're judging by current live content, its alive and well, and performs better than the old icar specs.

My cleric's been running an experimental -icar spec for 5 and 10 mans doing 4-5k dps along with an upwards of ~2k hps. Haven't tried it out in 20 mans, or ID yet.

Your clerics haven't been experimenting too much. Its not a MT healer, but neither was inquisicar.

Edit: I really do try and avoid responding to you dun, because we don't see eye-to-eye on alot of things. But sometimes you just speak from such ignorance on subjects you have absolutely no business talking about.
    Last edited by MoonfireSpam; 10-29-2012 at 01:53 PM.

Hits for 50% of its normal value to a max of 3 targets, so its useless for less then 3 targets, 2 targets will do 100% of the normal damage, excluding procs etc.

So, no it's a maximum boost of 50% if there is 3 targets.

Not only cadance/cadenza also power chord hits 3 targets.

I think it should upped by 10% (so 40% reduction) so it's more usefull, or allow it to hit 5 targets or something, in pvp would be fine, in pve would be more useful, currently it's a min/max button on aoe pulls

Blightweald - DPS Rogue and apparently best bard EU - 14k Achievs

Plane Touched

You're talking about dps.

I'm wondering about hps.

When MO hits 3 targets, does it cause 3 procs of Invigorated Soul?

+ Reply to Thread