+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Shadow Warp again..

Prophet of Telara

Default Shadow Warp again..

I don't think our dev ever gave us a reaponse as to why this essential rogue tanking tool was removed?

Some speculated it was for pvp reasons but that can't be the case as i've been playing with specs on my warrior and to my amazement and surprise i found in the Riftblade tree a new ability called "Rift Movement" which is a carbon copy in all but name of Shadow Warp.

This led me to deduce that SW can't have bee removed to the mechanic being overpowered in pvp otherwise why, of all souls, would Riftblade have it? This leads to the conclusion that it must have been removed for no good reason and maybe our dev thought it was useless?

So another shadow warp thread asking for it back especially as I now know it can't have been removed for any justifiable reason.

If you seriously think its overpowered remove constant deviation and give shadow warp back at SD's high root cost.
    Last edited by AlexTrickle; 10-28-2012 at 12:00 AM.
    World First Maelforge, Salvarola and Ultane.
    Officially quit!
    Props to my old guilds: eXile, Special Olympics, Exploit, Last Dawn

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

I'd like Shadow Warp back as well. I guess someone decided Riftstalker had too many teleports.

I miss my Shadow Warp

Shadow Warp was my RS crutch.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Plane Touched

I don't understand why they don't have Shadow Shift and Shadow Warp share a cool down :/ Shadow Warp was one of RS best abilities. I'm so frustrated they removed it

Shadow Warp was my favorite skill ever, Warp into mobs in ID. The unforgiving long hallway in MCR leading to Ashcaller is very very long without Warp.
    Isadorable
    <Ten Inches Unbuffed>

I agree with this. At least give a feasible reason for removing such a useful (and fun) ability (or better yet, bring it back!).

Shadow Warp was incredibly crucial to my tanking....

If all your shadow moves are on CD aside from warp, you could short-warp a few inches for an instant Rift Guard proc, if you needed to outrun plutonus' LOLLAZORZ, you used it to port to the wall...xD

I bet they took it from us because of the players who used it just to look cool! lol.

The Dev fear that there will be uncatchable MM/RS in PVP. Well why don't they just put it very very deep (40+) in root skill or something? I want it back too.

Plane Touched

I hope the devs at least meet us in the middle; shared cooldown; or higher in tree; or trading with shadow shift. PAny dev insight is welcome!

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by AlexTrickle View Post
    i found in the Riftblade tree a new ability called "Rift Movement" which is a carbon copy in all but name of Shadow Warp.

Looking at one ability in a vaccuum is meaningless. Balance is achieved by looking at the whole picture. Warriors have 2 teleports now, rifstalkers had 6, now down to 5.

I want Shadow Warp back too, but saying someone else has it is not the way to base your argument.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Sumelar View Post
    Looking at one ability in a vaccuum is meaningless. Balance is achieved by looking at the whole picture. Warriors have 2 teleports now, rifstalkers had 6, now down to 5.

I want Shadow Warp back too, but saying someone else has it is not the way to base your argument.
    The point was that the ability itself couldn't have been considered too powerful, because it was given to warriors rather than removed entirely from the game.

It can't be pvp, maybe it was just an attempt to make room? Shadow Warp stopped being something to complain about since the major movement nerf in Whitefall. That coupled with the non-target requiring planar shift could throw you almost 40m+ in 2gcds. But....with how high it was in the RS tree, it wasn't anything special in pvp anymore, that is for sure.

I feel the same as in pvp, it was nice to have in a spec to catch people while in stealth (like people running around on mounts to get in the right spot), and to like others say, to activate temp buffs when there is no target to use a warp on.

And a good point is made with it being put in a warrior soul, if such is true. That would prove it is not a matter of issue of the ability being in the game.

We got barbed shot back when they almost took it...I am crossing my fingers
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Sumelar View Post

Those 2 riftblade teleports have a 15% chance to refresh on ability use, which makes their cooldown about 7 seconds on average when they are fighting. Riftstalkers would need 2 additional teleports or the cooldown reduces to 18 seconds to be able to match the amount of teleporting over time that a riftblade can do.

I don't know why RS lost shadow warp but it certainly doesn't look like it had anything to do with balance.

Was I the only one who watched the rogue stream? They explained why it was removed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast