+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sentry Battery

Default Sentry Battery

I was looking through the new marksman soul and noticed an ability called Sentry Battery at 54 points into the tree. I tried to find information by searching the forum, but I couldn't really see any, which kinda makes me wonder if I'm a little early with this question in the first place, but here goes!

Has anyone got their character high enough to try this ability in action? It looks awfully juicy for PvP, almost like Fan Out on steroids.

Tooltip of the ability says:
    Deals 5077 to 5612 damage to all enemies between the Rogue and the enemy target over 5s. Reduces Energy by 5 for every second of channel
    I got stuck to the part where it says "all enemies". Not 3 or 5, but all. Should I get excited over this? Does it sound better than it actually is or is it something that is very likely to be nerfed into the ground soon after the expansion? It surely looks like an insane mass nuke that can't be left as it is. But what do I know.

Thanks for the possible answers in advance. Would be great to hear some thoughts from people who possibly got the chance to try this in the beta for real.
    Last edited by Angrist; 10-27-2012 at 10:38 PM.

Prophet of Telara

I've not tried this on the beta, but I believe it damages everyone in a straight line between you and your target. Sab's molotov cocktail works the same way. So unless the entire warfront is line dancing, I don't think it'll be that OP.
    Quote Originally Posted by pro View Post
    Rogues are completly fine to be honest.
    Quote Originally Posted by pro
    please stop qq about nerfs because i promise if u keep it up rift will shut down because they have no subribers and we will have wasted our money on a failed game simply because everyone was acting like little kids because they couldnt faceroll anyone and it actually took effort to kill them

If it's a very narrow straight line, then yes, I suppose that's not really overpowered then. I was instantly thinking some kind of a cone formation and massive destruction

Thank you for bringing that up.

Quote Originally Posted by Angrist View Post
    If it's a very narrow straight line, then yes, I suppose that's not really overpowered then. I was instantly thinking some kind of a cone formation and massive destruction

Thank you for bringing that up.
    Tactician also suffers from this behaviour.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Rounded View Post
    Tactician also suffers from this behaviour.
    I think Trion are trying to move generally to a more position based gameplay style which will bring a new level of skill. The lazy will only be worse, the more thoughtful players will only get better!
    World First Maelforge, Salvarola and Ultane.
    Officially quit!
    Props to my old guilds: eXile, Special Olympics, Exploit, Last Dawn

Plane Touched

I actually tried this on beta in the lvl 56 instance with my rogue being lvl 56, carrying a 158 dps bow.
    I got 2.5k ticks from this (I think non crit but I'm not sure anymore, will test this instantly in the next beta ^^), there were little spiders attacking the tank and out of 5 I hit 2-3 standing around the tank (I was in about a straight line behind the tank, targeting the farthest spider). Seems to have a bit of a radius and with good positioning it should prove useful.

+ Reply to Thread