Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Bard: The new icar.

  1. #1
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    42

    Default Bard: The new icar.

    http://imageshack.us/f/826/lolheals.png/

    It seems bards are the new go-to for raid heals. Sure the damage is lower the more you focus on healing, but you can pick up 3k or so DPS when raid wide damage is low. I'm pretty fond of the changes personally. Can't wait for 60 and getting back toward 55% crit again.

    Makes me wonder the kinds of healing possible when SL drops.

  2. #2
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    164

    Default

    Grugonim is the place to see the true extent of our lolheals. With the tower debuff, none of our the heals can be sniped. Everything goes through. I was comfortably at about 5.5k HPS.

  3. #3
    Ascendant Violacea's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    12,128

    Default

    lol 51 bard can do some fun stuff now.

    http://i495.photobucket.com/albums/r...otax/bard1.jpg

    http://i495.photobucket.com/albums/r...otax/bard2.jpg

    I like how their heals got better and at the same time they can now focus on DPS and put out something meaningful.
    Last edited by Violacea; 10-27-2012 at 08:21 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

  4. #4
    Ascendant wickede's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,568

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mimefield View Post
    http://imageshack.us/f/826/lolheals.png/

    It seems bards are the new go-to for raid heals. Sure the damage is lower the more you focus on healing, but you can pick up 3k or so DPS when raid wide damage is low. I'm pretty fond of the changes personally. Can't wait for 60 and getting back toward 55% crit again.

    Makes me wonder the kinds of healing possible when SL drops.
    i'm not entirely sure why you sent me a PM saying you accept my challenge and a link to this thread or what you are trying to prove or why you blur out every name in your screenshot, but i'll give this a go.

    hps relies entirely on the raid set up and how many raid healers you have, not entirely how good one healer is, on the parse that was posted of me the first week of 1.11 nobody ever died, so there were no flaws in healing done, but if it makes you feel better i'll see if i can get a solo heal run, i've already solo healed all of gsb and ros as a bard, including perfect greenscale and alsbeth.

    and oh, you're the rogue that i said wasn't good so now it makes sense that you're upset with me

    also if you didn't notice, your raid overall did 1k more hps, congratz on taking wave damage. just because your other healers aren't as good as mine doesn't make you a better rogue, now do 5k hps on p2 laethys and then get back to me kthx

  5. #5
    Ascendant Kyera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    5,402

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mimefield View Post
    http://imageshack.us/f/826/lolheals.png/

    It seems bards are the new go-to for raid heals. Sure the damage is lower the more you focus on healing, but you can pick up 3k or so DPS when raid wide damage is low. I'm pretty fond of the changes personally. Can't wait for 60 and getting back toward 55% crit again.

    Makes me wonder the kinds of healing possible when SL drops.
    White boxes tell me that your picture was Photoshopped.

    Therefore, I cannot accept the contents as being legitimate.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

  6. #6
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    454

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyera View Post
    White boxes tell me that your picture was Photoshopped.

    Therefore, I cannot accept the contents as being legitimate.
    White Boxes are there to hide the identity of the player + the guild?

    Also your guild should use 2x Puri for shields but whatever floats your boat i guess.

    "So not really sure how it died, i think that the plug may not have been fully in." - 'Dahanese


    Wigglezzz | Cleric | World First Crucia Perfection | World Second Regulos | World First GA

  7. #7
    Ascendant Kyera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    5,402

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wigglywoo View Post
    White Boxes are there to hide the identity of the player + the guild?
    How can I trust someone that is afraid of revealing their own fictitious identity in a video game?
    Last edited by Kyera; 11-01-2012 at 07:36 AM.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

  8. #8
    Plane Walker SolitaireSurrender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    455

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyera View Post
    How can I trust someone that is afraid of revealing their own fictitious identity in a video game?
    I believe K is calling shenanigans.
    _____Reversecowbell | R50 Cleric___Lesscowbell | R80 Mage___Moarcowbell | R50 Rogue_____

  9. #9
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wickede View Post
    i'm not entirely sure why you sent me a PM saying you accept my challenge and a link to this thread or what you are trying to prove or why you blur out every name in your screenshot, but i'll give this a go.

    hps relies entirely on the raid set up and how many raid healers you have, not entirely how good one healer is, on the parse that was posted of me the first week of 1.11 nobody ever died, so there were no flaws in healing done, but if it makes you feel better i'll see if i can get a solo heal run, i've already solo healed all of gsb and ros as a bard, including perfect greenscale and alsbeth.

    and oh, you're the rogue that i said wasn't good so now it makes sense that you're upset with me

    also if you didn't notice, your raid overall did 1k more hps, congratz on taking wave damage. just because your other healers aren't as good as mine doesn't make you a better rogue, now do 5k hps on p2 laethys and then get back to me kthx
    The point of marking out the names is sometimes guilds don't like to get pulled into the forums when lols are involved. Honestly, you can't defend why your'e bad, so you go after the other heals that got sniped by me?

    I'm the one calling shenanigans, as if the waves even matter anymore. If your guys keep dying to them after the resist change then you have worse problems than heals, like, everything.

    Fact is that bards can be superior heals on many encounters. It's fun, and challenging. Most of the time I'm the last heals to die if things go south or someone derps while also maintaining top hp/s.

    Reason I sent it to you in PM is because I like friendly competition, and didn't want to drag your herp into the forums. But your reply is clear you, kyera are just trolls, I can tell by the pixels and having seen some trolls in my day.

    Regardless the challenge stands, and you refuse to screenshot your own 5k hp/s at Laethys (without resetting meters during phase change) so why should I?

    In any case, back to my original subject, Bard/Tactician will be phenomenal, the new endgame gear will bump bard into a far more respected role instead of "OK, who wants to bard this time?" to bring out some really outstanding and interesting raid compositions.

    Discuss. (the topic)

  10. #10
    Ascendant Kyera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    5,402

    Default

    ^ Nice Side Steps pop.

    But seriously, I can't understand why people feel compelled to do this sort of **** on screenshots. I mean I can understand guild chat or raid chat or w/e, owing to profanity/personal/internal convos, but I can't see a truly valid reason for the rest of it. The worst is when people box out their gear or stats or hotbars, like anyone's going to give a **** about that.

    If you're afraid of revealing your or your guild's identity, don't post in the first place.
    Last edited by Kyera; 11-02-2012 at 02:41 AM.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

  11. #11
    Rift Chaser Temptations's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    382

    Default

    I for one Love the Bard changes…and cannot wait to get the tactician soul. I was playing around with it on beta and giggle every time she pulls out her little ray gun thingy…..

    As for the blocking out of names I was told (back when we were posting stats when game was first out) that it was a fine line of crossing the tos and had to block them out on similar posts just to protect ourselves from violations…not everyone wants the names in lights on forums and it can be, if someone gets pissy about it, a violation of" Naming names or calling out " so to speak (even if it is not it is still a privacy issue)… anyway no biggy just thought I would toss it out there. That’s the reason I block them out when I have posted anything with names and stats( unless I am given premission from the other players in it)…not everyone is trying to be deceptive just protective.

    Happy Hunting and Good luck in SL . Keep posting those bard heals I love my Bard but mostly pvp with her. I like to see how well they can do in pve raids and looking forward to more posts.

  12. #12
    Ascendant Kyera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    5,402

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Temptations View Post
    As for the blocking out of names I was told (back when we were posting stats when game was first out) that it was a fine line of crossing the tos and had to block them out on similar posts just to protect ourselves from violations…not everyone wants the names in lights on forums and it can be, if someone gets pissy about it, a violation of" Naming names or calling out " so to speak (even if it is not it is still a privacy issue)… anyway no biggy just thought I would toss it out there. That’s the reason I block them out when I have posted anything with names and stats( unless I am given premission from the other players in it)…not everyone is trying to be deceptive just protective..
    On the one hand, that seems like a really silly reason to issue infractions.

    On the other hand, I know the types of things I or guildmates have received infractions for... so I guess it makes sense.

    Fair enough.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

  13. #13
    Shield of Telara ptorretta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    793

    Default

    I am glad you guys are having fun.

    Commander of The Watch (http://thewatch.enjin.com)
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness". Terry Pratchett

  14. #14
    RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mimefield View Post
    The point of marking out the names is sometimes guilds don't like to get pulled into the forums when lols are involved. Honestly, you can't defend why your'e bad, so you go after the other heals that got sniped by me?

    I'm the one calling shenanigans, as if the waves even matter anymore. If your guys keep dying to them after the resist change then you have worse problems than heals, like, everything.

    Fact is that bards can be superior heals on many encounters. It's fun, and challenging. Most of the time I'm the last heals to die if things go south or someone derps while also maintaining top hp/s.

    Reason I sent it to you in PM is because I like friendly competition, and didn't want to drag your herp into the forums. But your reply is clear you, kyera are just trolls, I can tell by the pixels and having seen some trolls in my day.

    Regardless the challenge stands, and you refuse to screenshot your own 5k hp/s at Laethys (without resetting meters during phase change) so why should I?

    In any case, back to my original subject, Bard/Tactician will be phenomenal, the new endgame gear will bump bard into a far more respected role instead of "OK, who wants to bard this time?" to bring out some really outstanding and interesting raid compositions.

    Discuss. (the topic)
    Thanks for permission to discuss. Based on the evidence you submitted, you're a mediocre player in a middling guild. Based on this thread, you feel some need to brag about entirely average numbers, which tells me you have no concept of what other bards are doing (hint: the same). Based on posting only a screenshot, you also seem to think that numbers tell the whole story, which lets everyone know that you don't really understand the game very well.

    Far from being a respectful anonymity, your mass-blotting of names reveals your own insecurities, especially since you blotted out your own name.

    And finally, since I haven't seen you around before (and I know everything), this appears to be the first time in Rift that you think you have something brag-worthy. This likely means that your guild relegated their worst rogue to bard long ago (as guilds do) and you have been quietly strumming your lute in mediocrity, all this time, as you continue to do now.

    More brag threads please.

    Almost forgot:

    Quote Originally Posted by Mimefield View Post
    Fact is that bards can be superior heals on many encounters. It's fun, and challenging. Most of the time I'm the last heals to die if things go south or someone derps while also maintaining top hp/s.
    Hahahahahaahahaha.
    Last edited by Dunharrow; 11-02-2012 at 12:25 PM.

  15. #15
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dunharrow View Post
    Thanks for permission to discuss. Based on the evidence you submitted, you're a mediocre player in a middling guild. Based on this thread, you feel some need to brag about entirely average numbers, which tells me you have no concept of what other bards are doing (hint: the same). Based on posting only a screenshot, you also seem to think that numbers tell the whole story, which lets everyone know that you don't really understand the game very well.

    Far from being a respectful anonymity, your mass-blotting of names reveals your own insecurities, especially since you blotted out your own name.

    And finally, since I haven't seen you around before (and I know everything), this appears to be the first time in Rift that you think you have something brag-worthy. This likely means that your guild relegated their worst rogue to bard long ago (as guilds do) and you have been quietly strumming your lute in mediocrity, all this time, as you continue to do now.

    More brag threads please.

    Almost forgot:


    Hahahahahaahahaha.

    This, coming from the guy without a single unique thought, and from the only guild to be voted off a server.

    I would take offense, but you can't do anything other than pretend to be important and original through stealing specs and calling them your own work.

    You can't even read numbers right when parsing to bring out viable rotations in nightblade....NIGHTBLADE.

    Fact is, yeah. Bard _IS_ a challenge, unlike your 2 button specs I have boss-specific rotations for both heal and dps to manage which change from phase to phase, you press 1111211112. You are a joke for thinking otherwise, as proved by your amusing blog, and less than mediocre playstyle. "PEWPEWPEW I R IMPROTNANT GUIDE WRITR *reads up what zyzyx last posted* EHRMAGERD THIS R MY FIRSTY FIRST SPEC NO ONE ELS POST".

    I still haven't seen anyone who is caterwauling post any worthwhile numbers. You can talk and talk. I'm the only one submitting proof.

    Good luck being a hack.

    Again, back to the topic, since the new, and boring arrivals can't seem to hold onto a single thought for more than a few syllables before "WHAARRRRGARRRBLL". Bards have effectively replaced standard raid heals, no matter the composition the only comparable heals I see are from warden. Anyone care to comment?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts