+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By jay1133
  • 2 Post By Zazen

Thread: My Super Fun MM build

Soulwalker

Default My Super Fun MM build

So here is what I have finally ended up with.
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...VzAdboqtk.E.-9

I am 4/4 HK raid Crystal, 3/4 crafted set and using a 111 dps bow.

I use Silver tip Munitions, Electrified Munitions, and Planebound Resilience.

I use Lightning Glyph x2.

Macros: builder
    #show Empowering Shot
    Suppressmacrofailures
    cast Empowering shot
    cast Swift shot

Finisher
    #show Bull's Eye
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Rapid Fire Shot
    cast Bull's Eye
    cast Dead Eye shot
    cast Hasted shot

Decoy/strafe
    #show Decoy
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Decoy
    cast Strafe

Move your @$$
    #show On the Double
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast On the Double
    cast Shadow Shift

AoE
    #show Lightning Fury
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Lightning Fury
    cast Chain Destruction

Rotation:
    I try to start with 5 combo Points (CP), and open with Rapid fire shot (RFS). I then do the builder macro till I have 5 cp. Then its bulls eye to dead eye shot. After that I hit Decoy/ strafe. I put these two together because there is a slight dip in DPS when you summon the decoy, the strafe makes up for it. RFS is the prime finisher you want to use. So if you are close to using one I will swift shot to fill the gap in cool down. Then its Quick Reload (QR) and do it all over again. After you QR hit these abilities as soon as the get off CD. Strafe, Decoy, RFS, Bull's eye. I ONLY use QR when EVERYTHING is on CD. *note Do Not Clip your Decoy, consider it like a DoT, only summon a new one when your fist one is gone.*
    Things to look out for:
    Clipping Decoy- you may not want to use the Decoy macro if you can't manage it
    RFS bulls eye issues- Bulls eye is off the GCD and RFS isn't, don't accidentally hit Bulls eye when you mean to hit RFS.

AoE rotation

Mash macro for AoE win, its 4k- 6k dps depending on your raid, also make sure to clip Chain Destruction for Lightning Fury.

I have tried almost every 15 point possibility and this is the most dps out of the meters. I have tried other peoples builds and this one wins out for me.

I hope this helps and everyone enjoys it, let me know if you see or think of an increase.

Happy Rifting
    Last edited by jay1133; 10-24-2012 at 10:07 PM.

Plane Touched

if im correct you have some mistakes in finisher

deadeye in instant ability so hasted shot never gonna casted

and dont use deadeye at all use rapid->hasted
    and have assassin 10 points and NB 5 points for more dps

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...Abbhqtk.x0V.-9
    Last edited by Valsamis1985; 10-24-2012 at 11:02 PM.

Rift Chaser

Pretty sure that Hasted Shot will be casted when he's on the move, since Deadeye Shot is a casted shot.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Temo View Post
    Pretty sure that Hasted Shot will be casted when he's on the move, since Deadeye Shot is a casted shot.
    hmm yes you are right on this one

Soulwalker

@ Valsamis1985 I found that going 5% crit over 10% ap and weapon damage was a loss in dps for me. Also 5% damage increase was also a loss rather than 10% increase damage to Empowered shot, swift shot and Strafe. Those 3 abilities do most of the damage for MM due to the fact of their shorter CD's and frequent use.

Soulwalker

And yes Hasted shot is in where it is for when you need to move and still want to hit a finisher, its also nice for when something is chasing you.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by jay1133 View Post
    @ Valsamis1985 I found that going 5% crit over 10% ap and weapon damage was a loss in dps for me. Also 5% damage increase was also a loss rather than 10% increase damage to Empowered shot, swift shot and Strafe. Those 3 abilities do most of the damage for MM due to the fact of their shorter CD's and frequent use.
    SIN gives 5% crit and 5% Damage (when crit hits ) 10 points
    NB gives 10% damage and 10%AP 5 points

so have 15% damage and 5% crit and 10% AP.

did you try this?

Soulwalker

Yes I did, any plus crit passive were a loss for me, I went 6 sin/ 8 rng, 8 sin/ 6 rng and all the possible crit options. Going ap was always higher.

Is this better?

Macros: builder
    #show Empowering Shot
    Suppressmacrofailures
    cast Decoy
    cast Empowering shot
    cast Swift shot

Finisher
    #show Bull's Eye
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Rapid Fire Shot
    cast Dead Eye shot
    cast Hasted shot

builder 5cp, finisher. builder 5 cp, bullseye (seperate button), finisher, straffe, quick reload, bullseye, finisher, straffe, finisher, builder, then just manage cooldowns.

ill try it out...thx

Thanks Dominion for the suggestion re Decoy - will try it out with the macro as sometimes I'm not always on the ball clicking it as soon as it comes off CD.

Also, after the Hotfix #3 changes to energy consumption, I've decided to put Lighting Fury plus Fan Out as my AE macro, with Chain Lightning on a separate key - just because I can mash that AE button and use the channeled cast of Chain Lightning with a click of a button - just how my hotkeys are set up is all.

Although I have not parsed this AE set up versus the old one (Lighting Futy plus Chain Lighting with Fan Out on separate key) - does anyone know if there's any difference? For both AE setups I will throw in Crossfire when available (and when the situation permits).

Thanks for all the help guys.
    GSB 5/5, RoS 4/4, GP 4/4, DH 4/4, RotP 4/4, ID 8/8, PF 6/6, IDH 2/4, TotDQ 4/4, FT 4/4, EE 4/5, GA 1/4, PBB 0/5, IG 2/3, RoF 4/4, MS 4/5, TF 0/3, HK 1/11, IGP 4/4, TD 4/4, IRotP 0/4

I don't want to denigrate the work of the author but this guide will only lead you to mediocre raid dps.

The problem is your over-reliance on macros to make, what is already a fairly basic rotation, even easier. Do you really want to blow Decoy when you click your first builder? Don't you think it would yield a higher dividend if you waited just a few more GCDs until the raid has the mob properly debuffed and you can synergise with the other members' CDs?

Your macroing of Empowered Shot is also a poor practice when Deadeye Shot will be the next finisher. The macro also fails because if you don't get to use the instant Empowered Shot (because Lock N Load has timed out between pulls/rez/fight disconnect) the next application of your builder macro will start casting it.

People that raided with the original marksman build when synergy crystals were first introduced already know these things.

Macros definitely have a place in the game but since 1.11 the Rogue builds can get away with far fewer than they used to.

Soulwalker

[QUOTE=Zazen;3998863]I don't want to denigrate the work of the author but this guide will only lead you to mediocre raid dps.

The problem is your over-reliance on macros to make, what is already a fairly basic rotation, even easier. Do you really want to blow Decoy when you click your first builder? Don't you think it would yield a higher dividend if you waited just a few more GCDs until the raid has the mob properly debuffed and you can synergise with the other members' CDs?

Your macroing of Empowered Shot is also a poor practice when Deadeye Shot will be the next finisher. The macro also fails because if you don't get to use the instant Empowered Shot (because Lock N Load has timed out between pulls/rez/fight disconnect) the next application of your builder macro will start casting it.

Thanks for your input Zazen,
    I personally haven't had any issues with Macroing EP, I might just be used to doing it this way. I used to raid MM back before ember isle came out and MM was best rouge range dps. I did put a disclaimer about the Decoy Strafe macro, if people can not manage the use of it Do not use it.

The only reason why I put this build on the forums was that my guildies/raid members were seeing me top of the DPS meters and wanted to know what I was doing. I do not recommend anyone use this guide exactly how I have it, people should make changes so it matches their play style.

You're also causing a lot of macro lag in an extremely simple rotation. Even if the macros always did exactly what you wanted them to do, they would still be a DPS loss for that reason.

Soulwalker

I will try doing the rotation with out the macros and see what I get Thanks Muspel. Other than that has anyone tried the build and if they did how did it compare? I am really curious it seems that there is no Definitive build for MM. I think we will all have to wait till SL comes out.

+ Reply to Thread