+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 22
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: AOE as a MM or Rgr

  1. #1
    Plane Touched Dominion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    237

    Default AOE as a MM or Rgr

    AOE as a MM or Ranger should not equal our or almost equal to the MM or Ranger ST damage. The aoe in these two classes needs to be increased slightly.

    Fan Out - increased slighty
    Trick Shot/ Rain of Arrows - increased slightly

    Chain Destruction - is fine.

    Discuss

  2. #2
    RIFT Guide Writer Zyzyx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    5,040

    Default

    You can't buff collateral damage without breaking tactican unless you change it to mm aoe abilities only.

    I say do that and change it back to +30%.

    EDIT: According to atrius' post they are trying to get rid of "big bonuses" Perhaps this has something to do with it.
    Last edited by Zyzyx; 10-24-2012 at 07:07 PM.

    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

  3. #3
    RIFT Guide Writer
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,422

    Default

    Best fix for marksman would be to have Fan Out and Crossfire generate combo points and problem is solved through Shoot to Kill. Yes it's silly to do more single target dps than aoe on 3 targets.

  4. #4
    RIFT Guide Writer Zyzyx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    5,040

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gery View Post
    Best fix for marksman would be to have Fan Out and Crossfire generate combo points and problem is solved through Shoot to Kill. Yes it's silly to do more single target dps than aoe on 3 targets.
    I've been saying this for so long....

    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

  5. #5
    RIFT Guide Writer
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyzyx View Post
    I've been saying this for so long....
    I know, and now more than ever it would be perfect since fan out damage is so extremely low.

  6. #6
    Telaran misticalx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    93

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gery View Post
    Best fix for marksman would be to have Fan Out and Crossfire generate combo points and problem is solved through Shoot to Kill. Yes it's silly to do more single target dps than aoe on 3 targets.
    Agreed. I hope Ailion would consider this change or at least increasing the damage for Fan Out for now.

    RiftScene.com - The Only RiftNerd Fansite You Need

  7. #7
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    381

    Default

    I thought the general idea was to have aoe and single target specialists, no? So your requests does not stroke with the intended ideas.

  8. #8
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    297

    Default

    There is, however, a huge difference in "specialist" and "does exactly the same or even less damage with aoe than single target". You get more dps from just picking a single target vs 3 mobs than aoe on them with MM. and that is a bit wrong, no?

  9. #9
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    381

    Default

    Point is that they want to have specialists. If you MM aoe is being upped, then you can probably cover 1 aoe specialist with 2 single target specialists with good aoe damage. Because if you will up the aoe damage to make sure you do more aoe damage on 3 targets compared to single target, then for 5 targets the damage will increase a lot as well.

    And why not just single target 3 targets down? Was fan out really that strong against 3 targets that it would easily out dps single target before 1.11?

  10. #10
    Plane Touched Dominion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    237

    Default

    I get that they want to have different roles, some fights are aoe and some fights are ST. Some fights are both though.

    If I do 4.5k dps ST I shouldnt be doing 3.2k to 4.5 AOE, I should be doing 7 or 8k dps aoe. Now if I change spec for an aoe fight then yeh my aoe specialist (sab) is doing 12-24k dps.

    Ummm, so yeh, dps in the aoe department for mm and rgr needs to come up slightly.

  11. #11
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    675

    Default

    Just wait for Static Shock Munitions.

    Also, Dominion, funny that you should quote normal MM rotation AoE and shortterm CD enhanced Sabo AoE. But I guess it would be a good idea if you wanted to "enhance" your point of view ;)

  12. #12
    RIFT Guide Writer
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mandarb View Post
    Just wait for Static Shock Munitions.

    Also, Dominion, funny that you should quote normal MM rotation AoE and shortterm CD enhanced Sabo AoE. But I guess it would be a good idea if you wanted to "enhance" your point of view ;)
    Static Shock Munitions tooltip no longer has a mention of any aoe effect around the target. So it's probably been changed to pure single target and it's just a better version of EM.

  13. #13
    Ascendant Mayi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,660

    Default

    Most ST builds are better ST dps then aoe on 3 dummies. The best way I've found to aoe is to build with normal ST combo builders and then use an aoe finisher.

    Works in BD and NB at least. I think the solution in MM is just don't bother aoeing.

    Energy just changed on aoe abilities, not sure how that will change things.
    Last edited by Mayi; 10-25-2012 at 06:17 PM.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

    NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

  14. #14
    Plane Walker SolitaireSurrender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    455

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mayi View Post
    Most ST builds are better ST dps then aoe on 3 dummies. The best way I've found to aoe is to build with normal ST combo builders and then use an aoe finisher.

    Works in BD and NB at least. I think the solution in MM is just don't bother aoeing.

    Energy just changed on aoe abilities, not sure how that will change things.
    Sentry Battery seems viable on a nicely stacked group as often as that happens...
    _____Reversecowbell | R50 Cleric___Lesscowbell | R80 Mage___Moarcowbell | R50 Rogue_____

  15. #15
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    159

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dominion View Post
    AOE as a MM or Ranger should not equal our or almost equal to the MM or Ranger ST damage. The aoe in these two classes needs to be increased slightly.

    Fan Out - increased slighty
    Trick Shot/ Rain of Arrows - increased slightly

    Chain Destruction - is fine.

    Discuss
    I agree.

    In pvp, MM aoe's kind of tickles the enemy. Where Sab's aoe can be used to burn down single targets with ease. I will pull out the MM soul if I know I am assisting others for PKs....and not for the fanouts.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts