+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: What I took from hotfix #3

Default What I took from hotfix #3

You know what I noticed from this patch. Ailion is a pro. While the other 3 classes got nerfs to this and changes to that, we got AE energy adjusted. I think this goes to show that Trion wanted to balance all the classes and we have the only dev that can hit the nail on the head, the 1st try at it. Sorry, just got a kick out of the paragraph of changes to other classes and the 2 small tweaks to rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by spowers454 View Post
    You know what I noticed from this patch. Ailion is a pro. While the other 3 classes got nerfs to this and changes to that, we got AE energy adjusted. I think this goes to show that Trion wanted to balance all the classes and we have the only dev that can hit the nail on the head, the 1st try at it. Sorry, just got a kick out of the paragraph of changes to other classes and the 2 small tweaks to rogues.
    Cough, Cough, Splutter, Splutter. Have you not been reading this forum?

I have not seen a post complaining about being energy starved on AoE, and given the little AoE Ranger/MM now does no wonder.

I have seen lots of posts complaining about other tuning.
    There are eight species of Bear (Ursidae): Arctos, Americanus, Thibetanus, Maritimus, Helarctos, Melonleuca, Ornatus, Malayanus, Ursinus.
    Koalas are not one of them, not even close.

Quote Originally Posted by millie View Post

I have not seen a post complaining about being energy starved on AoE, and given the little AoE Ranger/MM now does no wonder.

Sab is energy starved. I'm pretty sure this was a direct addressing of that since it's the real AE dps soul.

And yes, I agree with the OP, Ailion is first class.
    Last edited by Zazen; 10-24-2012 at 12:19 PM.

Bladedancer is starved on AoE. Pretty sure other souls are as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Zazen View Post
    Sab is energy starved. I'm pretty sure this was a direct addressing of that since it's the real AE dps soul.

And yes, I agree with the OP, Ailion is first class.
    I saw a Sab do 17K in GP the other day, so what now 20K? Seems an unnecessary increase to me.
    There are eight species of Bear (Ursidae): Arctos, Americanus, Thibetanus, Maritimus, Helarctos, Melonleuca, Ornatus, Malayanus, Ursinus.

I saw a Sab do 17K in GP the other day, so what now 20K? Seems an unnecessary increase to me.
    It's a QoL issue, not a balance issue.

What criteria are you using to determine whether the change is necessary or not? I saw a Sab do 17k in GP the other day really contains no useful information whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Zazen View Post
    What criteria are you using to determine whether the change is necessary or not? I saw a Sab do 17k in GP the other day really contains no useful information whatsoever.
    Are you insinuating that an anecdotal 30 second trash pull with preloaded charges in a 10-man isn't a great basis for comparison or extrapolation out to energy issues? You... may be on to something there. Hell, 17k is kinda really low for that sorta thing.

Anyways, what I'm curious about now is the impact that this may have on BD's mixed in AoE utility. Well, that and I'm happy in general at the idea that AoE attacks from solo builds will bottom you out just a little bit less.
    Last edited by bitnine; 10-24-2012 at 01:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bitnine View Post
    Are you insinuating that an anecdotal 30 second trash pull with preloaded charges in a 10-man isn't a great basis for comparison or extrapolation out to energy issues? You... may be on to something there. Hell, 17k is kinda really low for that sorta thing.

Anyways, what I'm curious about now is the impact that this may have on BD's mixed in AoE utility. Well, that and I'm happy in general at the idea that AoE attacks from solo builds will bottom you out just a little bit less.
    Meanwhile back at the ranch, Ranger AoE damage is down 20-30% and single target damage about 10%. But hey my energy bar stays above 50 most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by spowers454 View Post
    /agree

Xch
    Gurar/Livyn
    TPO

yeah that is sort of what I took away from it too. though he doesnt communicate very well he seems to have landed the balance pretty much on the first try. some very small adjustments so far and maybe some threat issue possibly not on the rogue but of the clerics. 1.11 feels very well put together from a rogue stand point.

Plane Touched

NB AOE starved so fasttttttttttt

To the OP you forgot the /sarcasm tag.

Rift Chaser

Meanwhile back at the ranch, Ranger AoE damage is down 20-30% and single target damage about 10%. But hey my energy bar stays above 50 most of the time.
    Ranger AoE damage isn't really all that compared to real AoE damage from Sab

Plane Touched

Ranger still needs a bit of Loving (ST more than AoE - we got Sabos for that), but have to agree Rogues have the best Dev, gets straight to the point and does whats needed, Rogues - in general - are in a good place.
    Last edited by Tectonics; 10-26-2012 at 03:09 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast