+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rogue no more snare abilities?

Rift Disciple

Default Rogue no more snare abilities?

So I am just coming back to Rift for the expansion and I noticed in the 1.11 patch notes that almost all the snare abilities have been removed.

I considered the Rogue class the most kiteable class in the game and now with no snares unless you have some NB, are we able to kill in PvP as a melee build?

Did all the snares for all souls get removed or just most of the Rogue ones?

Thanks

Snares may have been removed (aside from Nightblade and Saboteur), but you now have easier access to mobility in some souls. For instance, On the Double is now a 0-point Marksman talent, and Flash of Steel is only 8 points into Bladedancer.

The only soul that's now easier to kite is assassin, which was always a fairly weak PvP spec to begin with.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    Snares may have been removed (aside from Nightblade and Saboteur), but you now have easier access to mobility in some souls. For instance, On the Double is now a 0-point Marksman talent, and Flash of Steel is only 8 points into Bladedancer.

The only soul that's now easier to kite is assassin, which was always a fairly weak PvP spec to begin with.
    I noticed that. I guess a concern I have since I don't know the other classes very well. Was there a removal of snares across the board? I'm hoping that the other classes still don't have all their snares to kite Rogues while Rogues have very little.

Quote Originally Posted by Archongamer View Post
    I noticed that. I guess a concern I have since I don't know the other classes very well. Was there a removal of snares across the board? I'm hoping that the other classes still don't have all their snares to kite Rogues while Rogues have very little.
    I believe that clerics lost some snares. Not sure about mages or warriors.

Rift Master

MM has a pin down ability that you need to spend a point in. If you spend another point it doesn't break on damage anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandarb View Post
    MM has a pin down ability that you need to spend a point in. If you spend another point it doesn't break on damage anymore.
    He was asking about melee souls.

He was also asking about the ability to kite in pvp and pin down would effectively allow you to kite along with other abilities.
    Rogue - <Ascendance>"
    Luteuel@Greybriar, formely Luteuel@Deepwood

Quote Originally Posted by Luteuel View Post
    He was also asking about the ability to kite in pvp and pin down would effectively allow you to kite along with other abilities.
    He was asking about being kited, not kiting people himself.

The DR on snares was completely removed, along with flushing out a lot of the excess snares in many trees. There's less of them, but they're much more potent now.

As for being kited, you really should have no issues. You have a plethora of abilities accessible to you, simply in your 0-pointers. Muspel mentioned OTD being 0 point MM now, and it's also off the GCD. Swift Shot now provides an immediate +15% speed boost, so combined with Performance insoles means you can move at +20% speed, passively. 0 pt RS gives you a nifty little blink, and 0 pt Sab gives you a very good snare.

There isn't much to be disappointed about, IMHO.
    ~Quiescent

Anyone know if the new Tempest Mirror movement boost stacks with any/all of the above? If so, allow me to mention that that is also a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Archongamer View Post
    So I am just coming back to Rift for the expansion and I noticed in the 1.11 patch notes that almost all the snare abilities have been removed.

I considered the Rogue class the most kiteable class in the game and now with no snares unless you have some NB, are we able to kill in PvP as a melee build?

Did all the snares for all souls get removed or just most of the Rogue ones?

Thanks
    Melee sucks. For rogue, go MM/NB. You get the immobilize from MM with the spammable 30% slow from NB coupled with the snare breaking+immunity and superior movement speed of MM, making up for an unstoppable kiter that should only fear ranged bursters.

Quote Originally Posted by Chomag View Post
    Melee sucks. For rogue, go MM/NB. You get the immobilize from MM with the spammable 30% slow from NB coupled with the snare breaking+immunity and superior movement speed of MM, making up for an unstoppable kiter that should only fear ranged bursters.
    I find that 44MM/22BD is more effective. You have higher damage thanks to Hack and Slash, two interrupts, Sprint, and Blade Tempo.

+ Reply to Thread