+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Huzzah! Rogue energy

Default Huzzah! Rogue energy

From today's patch notes:
    ROGUE
    * The energy cost of all area attack and healing abilities has been reduced.
    This should help sab in particular.

lol our dev is all about the sab, wish he was more of ranger favoritist instead of sab.

Plane Touched

Pick one - a bomb throwing badass blowing things up or a bow wielding sissy hiding behind a pet

RIFT Guide Writer

Looks like the default energy cost for an aoe attack went from 29 to 26. I was expecting 28 so I am pleasantly surprised.

I don't post much in class discussion forums but.. thank you Trion

Yes i am pleased as well! It's nice not getting insta-starved now when a boss goes from ST to an AoE fight. ... or just on any trash mobs as well
    PO-TA-TOES!

Ascendant

totally the oposite he needed to do... SINGLE TARGET needs a decrease.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Antigonos View Post
    What single-target specs are giving you energy issues right now? I can't find one. Bladedancer, Marksman, Saboteur, and Assassin all play completely free of energy woes for me. We did 7/8 ID last night and half the time we didn't even have fervor OR Living Energy up yet I saw no energy issues.
    Moved on from Rift due to: Rift's PvP being a mindless, skilless zerg that has been and will continue to be perpetuated and reinforced :: A horribly optimized engine :: My personal distaste for F2P (already heading down the P2W path) after giving it a fair shake. Rift is an exceptional MMO by an overachieving development team that unfortunately is ruined by a few personally show-stopping issues.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Synovia View Post
    half the time we didn't even have fervor OR Living Energy up
    Wat. Yes we did.

Champion

What spec and rotation are you playing that is getting starved. Link your spec, macros and list the abilities you are using. Just saying a statement with no information is not helpful.

The only single target builds that have energy issues are Nightblade and 51 sin builds. Since these 2 builds have 'special' skills I count it a fair price.

If you're simply spamming Dusk Strike as soon as you have the energy then yes you will feel starved constantly.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Dunharrow View Post
    Wat. Yes we did.
    You should know that Myth and I watch that stuff like a hawk ;). I have KBB set up to show me all buffs and debuffs that I care about so I can ensure they are being put up and last night there were quite a few times where we didn't have LE or Fervor for various reasons.

Regardless, it's kinda moot as I can parse by myself on the dummy and not have any real energy issues with the specs I mentioned. The only time Sab becomes energy intensive for me on the dummy is when I pop Carpet Bombing and spam AB. Bladedancer is never energy starved for me and neither is Marksman. Assassin can see some slight energy starvation from time to time but I can work around it.
    Moved on from Rift due to: Rift's PvP being a mindless, skilless zerg that has been and will continue to be perpetuated and reinforced :: A horribly optimized engine :: My personal distaste for F2P (already heading down the P2W path) after giving it a fair shake. Rift is an exceptional MMO by an overachieving development team that unfortunately is ruined by a few personally show-stopping issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Synovia View Post
    You should know that Myth and I watch that stuff like a hawk ;). I have KBB set up to show me all buffs and debuffs that I care about so I can ensure they are being put up and last night there were quite a few times where we didn't have LE or Fervor for various reasons.
    I have a hard time believing this. Your rogues would notice energy missing immediately if they were playing Sab, sin, Rng/MM, NB, or tanking for some strange reason.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Remli View Post
    I have a hard time believing this. Your rogues would notice energy missing immediately if they were playing Sab, sin, Rng/MM, NB, or tanking for some strange reason.
    It is entirely possible I'm wrong but I can say with confidence I've parsed on the training dummies alone and energy has not been much of an issue except with a couple select specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Zazen View Post
    The only single target builds that have energy issues are Nightblade and 51 sin builds.
    Ranger is starved as well-- or at least, it is without LE.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast