+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: MM AoE rotation

Rift Disciple

Default MM AoE rotation

Hi All,

How do you handle MM AoE? I typically throw out Lightning Fury (and refresh as needed), but then am not sure whether Crossfire, Chain Destruction or Fan Out should be my go to damage after that. So far, Chain Destruction is looking pretty nice, but would like to get advice from the more practiced folk.

Thanks!

I'd also be curious what other people are doing for an AE rotation. Personally, I have been opening with Lightning Fury, them spamming Chain Destruction. I then pop Crossfire when majority of the pack is about dead and I don't think Chain will run a full 5 second channel before the targeted mob dies. I should disclose I haven't done any testing and I'm primarily running BD, though.
    Stygian
    5/5 Conq. | 5/5 Conq. | 4/4 Conq. | 4/4 Conq. | 11/11 Conq. | 4/4 Conq.
    8/8 | 4/4 | R-50

My MM AE is 1 macro:

role 3
    loadequip 3

Role 3 takes me to Saboteur.

MM AE is simply horrid. Thankfully we have Sab for the moment and Tactician come the expansion.

If you must AE with it, use Lightning Fury on CD otherwise Chain Destruction. If you have hybrid with Ranger you also have Rain of Arrows.

Btw, if there are 2 targets, your single target rotation will net higher dps. This may even be true for three targets but I refuse to use Marksman for AE so I haven't tried it.
    Last edited by Zazen; 10-22-2012 at 01:32 PM.

MM AoE is ridiculously weak. Its almost not even worth doing if you don't have 4-5 targets to hit... and even then its a toss up.

Just pick the higher value targets and single target them... or swap roles.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

staying on topic..

i just lightning fury then spam chain destruction until i need to refresh lightning fury again.

off topic..

i like sab also!
    Rogue - <Ascendance>"
    Luteuel@Greybriar, formely Luteuel@Deepwood

Rift Master

Lightning Fury -> Crossfire -> Chain Destruction until one of the others comes off of CD. Clipping Chain destruction though is a dps loss as it does the most damage towards the end.

That's with 3 targets.

After 3 or 4 targets you want to switch to Lightning Fury -> Crossfire -> Fanout, but I haven't tested it.

Oh, and make sure you are far enough away that crossfire doesn't push stuff around.

Rift Disciple

Thank you for all the helpful feedback.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Kelson View Post
    Hi All,

How do you handle MM AoE? I typically throw out Lightning Fury (and refresh as needed), but then am not sure whether Crossfire, Chain Destruction or Fan Out should be my go to damage after that. So far, Chain Destruction is looking pretty nice, but would like to get advice from the more practiced folk.

Thanks!
    MM doesn't have AoE until you get Sentry Battery and SB requires that the tank knows how to position. With proper positioning SB is actually very good. Without, it is horrible.

ahh Crossfire... the root of all fun in killing noobs who use pushback in a group setting. love when a dumb rogue uses it when im tanking and making my pull. fun to watch that rogue run screaming that he has agro XD

on topic, still nothing wrong with Fan Out
    Last edited by TJ74; 10-23-2012 at 04:10 AM.
    WFH & BYOB - www.kingtj.net

Am still getting adjusted to raiding with the soul changes but for MM, I use Lighting Fury, followed by Chain Destruction and keep Crossfire on a separate key as it's situational and can be dangerous - I find it to be a conal sort of attack and have managed to "help" the tank with bringing additional mobs to the party that he "forgot" to invite. That, plus have to be conscious of the knock-back effect...

Oh, I don't use Fan Out anymore, because it goes through my energy super fast, leaving me energy starved.

That being said, MM is not very good on those AE fights (get the distinct impression of "head meet wall" when I try), so I had to make a Sabo build and am still learning that.

Though I do wonder what I am supposed to do on those hybrid fights?

I run my MM for ST fights or those where I'm required to interrupt or purge, switch to Sabo before the AE fights - but what can I do on those hybrid fights? Not much, apparently. So guess it's a "do your best" type of a thing, but your best isn't going to contribute to the raid much.

To round up the ranged Rogue playstyle, use my Ranger for soloing - go Piggy!
    GSB 5/5, RoS 4/4, GP 4/4, DH 4/4, RotP 4/4, ID 8/8, PF 6/6, IDH 2/4, TotDQ 4/4, FT 4/4, EE 4/5, GA 1/4, PBB 0/5, IG 2/3, RoF 4/4, MS 4/5, TF 0/3, HK 1/11, IGP 4/4, TD 4/4, IRotP 0/4

Quote Originally Posted by AloraKast View Post
    Though I do wonder what I am supposed to do on those hybrid fights?
    Spike charge? Relatively speaking, Sab ST is better than MM AoE. That being said, Bladedancer isn't a shabby choice for hybrid fights.

Quote Originally Posted by bitnine View Post
    Spike charge? Relatively speaking, Sab ST is better than MM AoE. That being said, Bladedancer isn't a shabby choice for hybrid fights.
    Or just have your dps sorted by ST / AoE before engaging. Specialized roles 'n all tends to do better anyway.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

Quote Originally Posted by TJ74 View Post
    ahh Crossfire... the root of all fun in killing noobs who use pushback in a group setting. love when a dumb rogue uses it when im tanking and making my pull. fun to watch that rogue run screaming that he has agro XD

on topic, still nothing wrong with Fan Out
    I just walk out of pugs when they do that and I am tanking. Easier to find another group than deal with idiots. (If my tank toons could have a last name they might be: "finishthezoneyourself" or maybe "feelfreetofacetankyourtabtargets" or even "iwillletyoutankwhatyoupull")

As for MM and rotations, my AE is so borked now I am just going to use another soul for general PvE. My ST damage now far exceeds my AE, yes you read that right, so I am thinking it may be time to find a new AE soul. Is MM supposed to be ST only now? I wont complain if it is, I'll still use it in PvP where its a stellar killer (Not much skill involved, point and click and its either dead or I am).
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

Quote Originally Posted by Durango View Post
    MM doesn't have AoE until you get Sentry Battery and SB requires that the tank knows how to position. With proper positioning SB is actually very good. Without, it is horrible.
    That a new skill?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

Its the new 58(?) pointer Blighter. Its pretty decent, but obviously we wont have access to it fo awhile yet.

I'm wondering if using chain destruction would be better DPS overall even when we're on fights where we need to mow down adds fast - Thinking Laethys specifically (where fair enough we had rogues on 51sin after 1.11)

I tried using chain destruction on maelforge, but we run very few wars on it for a reason and the adds just werent going down fast enough that I had to swap over and ST them down instead. Would it be better DPS to chain destruct there?
    60Rog/PR64 - Cleared - FT | EE
    1-button TOTALLY AFK Rogue and Cheerleader for Blitz!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast