+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Greater Essence help for a Saboteur/Bard

Default Greater Essence help for a Saboteur/Bard

1.11 seems to have shuffled around what certain powers count as.

I was using a cauterising crystal, which worked very nicely with my bard heals (Cadence and Motif of Regeneration), but they don't seem to be triggering it any more. Is that a bug, or as intended?

I'm also having trouble finding a greater essence that'll trigger from my Saboteur attacks. I picked up a Waning Shadestone, that says it triggers off physical attacks, which is what I thought saboteur stuff mostly counted as, but that doesn't seem to want to trigger either (though it seems to work fine if I plink with Quick Shot from Ranger. Not a skill I tend to use though.).

If someone could point me in the right direction of ones that work with bombs and charges in 1.11, I'd be most grateful.
    - Home of my Rift Beta liveblog.

Greater essences aren't worth using in DPS specs, unfortunately. Just use six lessers instead.

No idea what's going on with greaters and bards. Might be a bug-- try PMing Ailion about it.

OK,thanks. But, you know, if I *did* want greater essences that trigger off my saboteur attacks, what sort would I want? It doesn't seem to be "physical attacks" at the moment (though I'm sure I've read guides that said that's what they were).
    - Home of my Rift Beta liveblog.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkenor View Post
    OK,thanks. But, you know, if I *did* want greater essences that trigger off my saboteur attacks, what sort would I want? It doesn't seem to be "physical attacks" at the moment (though I'm sure I've read guides that said that's what they were).
    AFAIK, saboteur charges don't proc anything. Maybe detonations and bombs do, but I've never tested it.

As muspel said any greater would be horribad to use and the way sabo works the proc rate would be broke for any greater other then the sab greater, destructive soulstone. Since most dps specs get 4-5 chances per rotaion to proc it sab wouldn't proc anything while stacking charges, only blowing them would trigger anything.

Short version is sabo has a much lower chance to proc anything than most callings do. Only the calling greaters would proc and those all suck

+ Reply to Thread