+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Riftstalker threat

Rift Disciple

Default Riftstalker threat

I have seen QQ about the subject, but no real talk about it.
    In any expert I have the hardest time keeping aggro off of healers and dps. A healer popping a single heal(depending on their gear) will keep aggro through my rift disturbance and how ever many ticks of planar vortex.
    I am assuming that our threat just isn't scaling right? or there is some other bug here.
    Anyone else have some good feedback here, or am I just a little crazier than usual?

My gear is all HK relic/ ID mark gear, I do not tank ID so I can't tell you about threat there.

As I understand it, healing threat was raised to a 1-to-1 ratio, on top of the buff to Salvation healing output and MoL's threat modifier. This means that Justicars have sicknasty threat, especially on AoE, because Salvation is no longer based on damage done and they tons of procs from Even Justice.

I'm unsure what's going with warriors.

The real question is this: are warriors and clerics too high, or are rogues too low? Our threat is definitely a lot lower than it will be at 60, because we can't get Power of the Planes at 50, but that's probably not the whole story.

Rift Disciple

I mean join a t2, take lets say, a full relic cleric healer.
    Do you're normal run in shadow blitz > rift disturbance.
    If that healer heals me before I blink, then he has more threat than those two abilities can muster

I know a warrior can use some attack and it pulls aggro like a taunt, but threat balance between all three classes is a whole different story.
    Last edited by crowgora211232; 10-20-2012 at 09:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by crowgora211232 View Post
    I mean join a t2, take lets say, a full relic cleric healer.
    Do you're normal run in shadow blitz > rift disturbance.
    If that healer heals me before I blink, then he has more threat than those two abilities can muster
    Uh... I haven't experienced any trouble holding off of healers or DPS. It's only other tanks that are a problem. If you're losing aggro in expert dungeons, it may be an issue with your rotation or something.
    Last edited by Muspel; 10-20-2012 at 09:52 AM.

Rift Disciple

I feel like PV is taking longer for it to tick or something. Rogue tanking play style hasn't changed so I dont know what it is

Can we get a confirmation that this is even being looking at by a dev? The current situation with RS agro is unacceptable. Rift Disturbance, Vortex, and Wrath of Planes up and mobs are still being stripped off of me by warrior and cleric tanks. Multiple Instigates are required to get agro back...

Telaran

After testing with a warrior last night it looks like it might be "Aggressive Guardian" in the paladin tree that's causing the problems (at least against warriors). All of our warriors are using this in their builds (Reaver, VK, whatever). With 3 points in this, it didn't seem to matter how long I was tanking something, the warrior would pull threat off with just their dots, not even bothering with a rotation.

However, with those 3 points removed from their specs, I was pulling threat off of them easily with them doing their full rotations.

With 1 point in Paladin, I was able to hold threat against warrior dots but not against their full rotation. This is again, regardless of how long I was tanking the mob.

My suspicion (at this point) is they made this bonus multiplicative instead of additive.

Darn those pesky mathematical operators!
    Last edited by Ravynia; 10-21-2012 at 07:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravynia View Post
    After testing with a warrior last night it looks like it might be "Aggressive Guardian" in the paladin tree that's causing the problems (at least against warriors). All of our warriors are using this in their builds (Reaver, VK, whatever). With 3 points in this, it didn't seem to matter how long I was tanking something, the warrior would pull threat off with just their dots, not even bothering with a rotation.

However, with those 3 points removed from their specs, I was pulling threat off of them easily with them doing their full rotations.

With 1 point in Paladin, I was able to hold threat against warrior dots but not against their full rotation. This is again, regardless of how long I was tanking the mob.

My suspicion (at this point) is they made this bonus multiplicative instead of additive.

Darn those pesky mathematical operators!
    Even if it were multiplicative instead of additive, it still shouldn't make anywhere near that big of a difference.

It's possible that they plugged in 3 instead of .03 per rank. At one point during beta they made a similar mistake with a Defiler talent.

Warboss Drak was interesting last night. It was like watching a tennis match.

Fix rogue threat please.

A few threads on this issue but no reply from trion

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...nk-thread.html
    Nickster (Rogue), Ohhpea (Cleric)
    Guild: Nefarious
    Server: Laethys
    Faction: Defiant

+1 To this.

Any fight involving a tank swap with a rogue is a nightmare at the moment.

Tanked PF last night with a Cleric tank and his normal rotation pulled Alltha off me with out even trying.

For giggles I ran RoS on the Saturday, my warrior (51 Reaver) in crafted gear and drops from T1, constantly pulled aggro off the MT who was a full ID geared rogue tank, to the point I was accused of AoE taunting. We nearly wiped on Warmaster until I realised I could literally do nothing in order for me not to pull aggro....

The silence is deafening...

My guild has already given up on the idea of me offtanking the adds on Drak. I can only hold agro on the Stalwart and every Thrall in my group bolts across the room to the cleric tanking the other Stalwart. It's a total joke.

I just ended up main tanking Drak, and even then I couldn't pull Azul off the warrior that was doing his normal AE agro rotation on the adds. I was attacking Azul, with Vortex up, Rift Disturbance, etc. I popped an Instigate and Azul attacked me for a few seconds and turned back to the warrior...it took another Instigate before I could get Azul in place. And, no, the warrior was not force taunting Azul.

Is this being looked at or not?

13.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #13
    Rift Team

There is a bug with the pally's Aggressive Guardian where it is generating 10x more threat instead of 10% more threat. We will be getting that fixed.

Called it!

Quote Originally Posted by Ailion View Post
    There is a bug with the pally's Aggressive Guardian where it is generating 10x more threat instead of 10% more threat. We will be getting that fixed.
    What about the issue with cleric threat? It's also much higher than rogue threat at the moment, to the point that they easily pull anything off of a Riftstalker.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast