+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Legerity

Thread: 42sin/24rs dps

Soulwalker

Default 42sin/24rs dps

http://i.imgur.com/f6ilk.jpg

There it is... this is what I believe will be the new Bloodstalker (dps wise, not survival/solo wise).

Will update thread later on tomorrow/over weekened once I have time to test it out properly.
    Last edited by naamuis; 10-19-2012 at 07:36 PM.

Soulwalker

http://i.imgur.com/wZ8YF.jpg

That's the correct spec... forgot the little alteration on the points.

you are missing the reduced cooldowns for blinks

Why did you take Planar Vortex? It doesn't work in Stalker Phase.
    Last edited by Muspel; 10-19-2012 at 09:10 PM.

Soulwalker

No reduction in blink cd's because you need to put too many points to riftstalker, and that spec has Thread of Death with Cloak and Dagger to make up for not having reduced cd.

You can move the point from Planar Vortex to anywhere, it's just there to get to 24 points for 3rd blink.

It actually seems like a really, really poor imitation of what bloodstalker was. You're putting 24 points into rs for what is essentially 14% damage, 10% crit with buff up (and +0% for savage strike,) a 7% reflect and two 2 CP builders.

Feeling a tad lazy to point out all the stuff you skipped out on, but it seems like there is precious little to be gained by trying to work out a bs spec in SL... since once you've stripped away everything you could've gotten by doing other subsouls and what you would've gained doing a 61 pt sin spec, it seems to me like you're left with very little for such a hefty point investment.

I mean, you know what you can get with 15 points in subsouls? You can score 15% dmg, 10% non-conditional crit, 8% phys dmg and 5% ap. PLUS I get all the perks that goes with a 61 point spec.

Just seems like a raw deal to try and revive a dead spec.
    Last edited by MoonfireSpam; 10-20-2012 at 05:02 AM.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

Quote Originally Posted by naamuis View Post
    No reduction in blink cd's because you need to put too many points to riftstalker, and that spec has Thread of Death with Cloak and Dagger to make up for not having reduced cd.

You can move the point from Planar Vortex to anywhere, it's just there to get to 24 points for 3rd blink.
    With a 45 second CD on your blinks, you're only able to get about 60% uptime on Stalker Phase. Since it's a 15% damage boost while the blink buff is active, that averages out to 9% damage, which is additive with other damage buffs rather than multiplicative.

You would get more than that from just putting those points in another soul. Remember that Riftstalker's passive Gift only gives .5% damage per point, as opposed to 1% for pure DPS souls. Essentially, you're spending 24 talent points for 10% AP/WD (from Unseen Fury), 10% damage (from Planar Boost), and 15% crit (from Ruthless Stalker). None of those things are bad, but they're significantly worse than what you could get elsewhere for the same number of points.

EDIT: Moonfire beat me to it.
    Last edited by Muspel; 10-20-2012 at 05:06 AM.

Last edited by Legerity; 10-20-2012 at 10:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    With a 45 second CD on your blinks, you're only able to get about 60% uptime on Stalker Phase. Since it's a 15% damage boost while the blink buff is active, that averages out to 9% damage, which is additive with other damage buffs rather than multiplicative.

You would get more than that from just putting those points in another soul. Remember that Riftstalker's passive Gift only gives .5% damage per point, as opposed to 1% for pure DPS souls. Essentially, you're spending 24 talent points for 10% AP/WD (from Unseen Fury), 10% damage (from Planar Boost), and 15% crit (from Ruthless Stalker). None of those things are bad, but they're significantly worse than what you could get elsewhere for the same number of points.

EDIT: Moonfire beat me to it.
    What you gain from 24rs is significantly less than that if you look at what it cost you by not putting those points into a 61 sin and other subsouls... like nb and rng or mm
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

Tested it. Way behind 51sin.

+ Reply to Thread