+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Marksman pve gameplay feedback

RIFT Guide Writer

Default Marksman pve gameplay feedback

If we now want a ranged single target dps spec then it's going to be either MM or a hybrid ranger/mm. Since pets have their issues I think most people who can only spare one role for a ranged spec will go with marksman since it is less prone to bugs and has a purge.

A pure MM build at level 60 will be 61MM plus a couple of sub souls that only give passive bonuses so I'm going to look at what 61MM build will play like.

The 61 root ability is called Free Recoil which gives marksman finishers 15 seconds where they only consume 2 combo points and the skill is on a 21 second cooldown. Combined with Lock N Load the rotation will become this when translated into keypresses with a couple of macros:
    11111 11111 11111 11222 23

Macro 1:
    cast free recoil
    cast empowered shot
    cast rapid fire shot
    cast hasted shot

Macro 2:
    cast empowered shot
    cast swift shot

Macro 3:
    cast rapid fire shot
    cast hasted shot

The major issue here is that the ranged specs just keep getting easier and easier. Old marksman had quite a lot of things to do like refresh bestial fury, keep up shadow fire manually, use strafe in the right part of the rotation and so on. It had quite many buttons too to play right. Then came the ranger build which was like 3-4 buttons, maybe a couple of extra if you wanted to be fancy but that's it. Almost all skill was taken out of the rotation but even that now feels like rocket surgery compared to what 61MM will be like.

Something needs to be done to the rotation or this will be the most hated spec ever in the game for rogues. It's so monotone that I don't see anyone wanting to play for long if MM is the spec they'd need to use.

if you read the description, it lasts 15s or until you use a finisher.

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Solace View Post
    if you read the description, it lasts 15s or until you use a finisher.
    Nope, it's all marksman finishers for 15 seconds. The tooltip was confusing so I had to confirm it from a level 60 rogue.

Rift Master

As an alternative, think about this:

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree/b...il54/wo/T8Fg90

Empowered -> Infernal Torrent -> Deadeye Shot
    Empowered -> Glacial Torrent -> Deadeye Shot

;)

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Mandarb View Post
    As an alternative, think about this:

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree/b...il54/wo/T8Fg90

Empowered -> Infernal Torrent -> Deadeye Shot
    Empowered -> Glacial Torrent -> Deadeye Shot

;)
    You want to use a 2 CP finisher everytime?

Gery MM was already damn boring. Same with Ranger. There is a reason for this I think. I speak to so many people who say "I don't like melee because positioning is hard." Rogue ranged I think was designed for the "I want to be Legolas/not complicated pew pew player.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Galibier View Post
    Gery MM was already damn boring. Same with Ranger. There is a reason for this I think. I speak to so many people who say "I don't like melee because positioning is hard." Rogue ranged I think was designed for the "I want to be Legolas/not complicated pew pew player.
    I am not sure what your agenda is here. But I think most of your problems in relation to pets are with you.

You say they are to easy to play and then claim pets are too hard to manage, these two things dont add up to me.

Also why are all your posts so negative? You seem to have played long and posted lots of forum messages. If you are not enjoying the game why are you still here and if you are enjoying the game why are you so negative on the forums?
    There are eight species of Bear (Ursidae): Arctos, Americanus, Thibetanus, Maritimus, Helarctos, Melonleuca, Ornatus, Malayanus, Ursinus.
    Koalas are not one of them, not even close.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Rethan Sorrowsoul View Post
    You want to use a 2 CP finisher everytime?
    Awww, bummer, the torrents don't provide CPs...

Telaran

Just had a thought today about Vampiric Munitions, it's received a slight nerf and it's use in pvp has been limited because of it.

I was wondering if turning it into a straight forward hp leech would be of interest? It'll give MM some more options when you're fighting in closer quarters (which will happen a lot in SL).

Quote Originally Posted by Gery View Post
    Nope, it's all marksman finishers for 15 seconds. The tooltip was confusing so I had to confirm it from a level 60 rogue.
    Holy wow.
    That's not gonna last very long in PVP.
    ~Quiescent

Quote Originally Posted by Gery View Post
    he lied to you

RIFT Guide Writer

he lied to you
    Seems so, but even without that MM is still boring as hell to play. I thought ranged specs couldn't get worse than ranger but MM is definitely worse. A ranged spec should have at least some kind of rotation to pay attention to.

i see your point. but mm provides utilities that might help spice it up for you. being a key interrupter or purger is a perk.

I wouldn't worry the cd is so short this is going to be OP and end up with a 2 min cd anyways.

When you called me delusional I laughed so hard I almost fell off my unicorn!!

Rift Disciple

he lied to you
    I have to agree. Although I'm nowhere near the level cap, I thought I saw somewhere in the Beta 2 notes that the level cap was only 56. How did you talk to a level 60 unless it was a dev?

i see your point. but mm provides utilities that might help spice it up for you. being a key interrupter or purger is a perk.
    Also, with your knockbacks, you should be protecting healers if they draw healing aggro. Knock that stuff back to the tank. Got a ranged mob that you can't interrupt? use your knockback to position him with the rest of his buddies to get AOE'd down. MM is not about topping the meters, we have a LOT of utility we bring to a raid.

I'm having a blast with the new MM spec. Although, it's going to take some time to get used to counting to 3 instead of counting to 5 with lock and load.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast